The actual chandelier itself is really cute, however, it is not in the least what i would call copperor even bronze. It is black with red streaking on it that i assume are supposed to make it appear somewhat copper, but it does not. I was really disappointed, b/c it looks so cute in the pic. If you are ok with it being black with some streaking, then go for. Other than the color, it does look just like the pic
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Did not match description at all
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not vry acurate, b/c color was so off
I compared this to other similar fixtures I found online and this one had two benefits - more crystals and I liked that the candlesticks were dark instead of a cream color to resemble candles. As others reviewed - the crystals take a little time to install, but connecting them is easy. One large crystal was chipped but I quickly replaced it with one of the spares included. (Package of spares included 2 large, 4 small, and several extra clips for the crystals). Finish is not antique copper, but is black with a few copper streaks. I dry brushed the entire fixture with a smalll artist brush with copper metallic acrylic paint (the kind you buy in craft stores). The key is DRY brushing in light layers and taking your time, and then going back over the fixture with a fine sandpaper if paint appears to heavy in any sections. Very happy with this result as it ended up looking like what I would expect of an antique copper finish. I think you could do this with any color metallic to get the look you want.. I took the advice from another review and added the bottom four crystals after installation to give us a place to hold the fixture while installing - good idea. Some reviewers remarked that the fixture looked lopsided. My guess is that they did not adjust the fixture properly - you need to center the three arms with the lights, between the three fixed sections of the fixture - if you don't do this - it will appear lopsided. If you stand directly underneath the fixture - this will be easy to see and adjust. Also, it helps to make sure the leaves are bent to the same height so the crystals hang evenly off them. Overall I'm very happy with the purchase, but gave it a 4 instead of a 5 since I had to adjust the finish (if you are willing to take the time - it's worth it.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Described as 'antique copper' but is black with a few copper streaks
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Overall good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accruate except for finish
There is one thing that is tricky about this fixture. You have to hang it the right way, or it can look lopsided, because there are only three branches. You also have to take your time, be patient, and I found it helpful to use some needle-nose pliers to really secure the crystals...otherwise they come off easily as you hang or handle it. The metal hangers on each crystal is a bit cheap and soft...but once you assemble and hang it, you would never know. It is very nice to add real elegance to a bedroom or bath. Just make sure you look at it from all angles before you decide how to hang...it looks different from each angle. Hey...it's a really affordable way to put a chandelier up. No one can examine it that closely as it hangs...and it looks pretty darn substantial and classic...with the cool black metal. FYI, the crystals are nice and heavy glass, not plastic or fake. People walk in and say..."wow...elegant" and we just say "thanks".
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not copper...looks more black. The crystals are sparklier.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. If you assemble it patiently - and really put each crystal on carefully...and hang it, it's fine.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate except don't expect copper and be ready to hang crystals.
This is a very cute little chandelier and for the size has quite a few large crystal prisms. I bought this to hang in over my garden tub and this is perfect for this application. As opposed to some of the reviews, mine was a dark copper patina which is what I wanted to go with my oil rubbed bronze bath faucets, new lights and towel bars so this was perfect. My only complaint is that the little silver metal "hooks" look a little cheaper than the rest of the chandelier and are quite thin but they did provide me with many extras just in case these broke. Just a hint ...start hanging the prisms from the top down but stop before you do theose at the very bottom. This will allow you to hold the fixture at the bottom when hanging it. Once hung then put on the remaining prisms. If you put these on before you hang the fixture, they may get knocked off and break.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Actually perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I really like this chandelier. It was a perfect replacement for the out dated one that was hanging in our entryway. My only complaint, which I think another reviewer mentioned, was that from certain directions it looks lopsided because it is only a 3 bulb chandelier. Not really a big concern in my case, but just thought I should mention it in case this would really bother some other buyer.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
The chandelier is definitely almost black, I expected that so no problem there. We purchased this light for our front hallway but it looks lopsided. The light is visible from our dining room, living room and hallway and no matter how we try to reposition the light it always looks lopsided from at least two of the angles. If it hadn't been assembled and fitted I would have sent it back but you don't know this will be a problem until it is up. I wish it had 4 lights and then it would be symetrical.
This chandelier added just the right amount of glam to our entryway. We had a builder grade ceiling mount light and installed this one in its place. It made such a huge difference in our entryway. We put it on a dimmer because it is pretty bright with 3 bulbs and all of the bling. Like some of the other reviewers said, it does look a bit lopsided from certain angles b/c it has 3 lights instead of 4. I'm somewhat of a perfectionist and it doesn't bother me. I do wish it had a 4th light though. The package arrived right on time with extra parts and was fairly easy to assemble. It took longer to put on all of the crystals than for my husband to wire and hang it. For the price - I don't think you will regret purchasing this one.
I bought the chandelier for a small master bedroom in a turn of the 19th century summer home in Utah. It fits perfectly. The style is exactly what they said it was, reminiscent of an era long gone and exactly the style I was trying to recreate. We have to remember that the product is a replica, not the actual antique product that has been found hidden in an 500 year old attic for which we would have to pay tens of thousands of dollars. But it was beautifully recreated in that old style and the price is fantastic.
I open the box and could not believe how pretty it looks. Was very easy to put the crystal together. Hung it on the ceiling and it is elegant as I was hoping.. The quality is super as a very expensive ! I will recommend it ...I got 2 for the bathroom and getting 2 more for the other bathrooms.. Happy as can be..It is perfecto for small area I used it above the sinks. and makes the bathroom very elegant.. special when it reflects the mirror....
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same as the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the quality is great.this chandelier looks rich the crystals are glass very elegant for small areas
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very very close to picture.
If you love sparkle this is it, the chandelier has over 30 crystals, or what looks like crystal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close in color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate in the on site description
Beautiful chandeliers! I purchased two of these chandeliers for my newly designed closet and they are stunning! They put the finishing touches my closet needed. The quality is very good. Would recommend this chandelier to place anywhere in your home you want to add a touch of elegance. Lots of crystals.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made. Sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description of product was exact.
I purchased this chandelier to go over my large garden tub. It is the right size, not too big/small and was simple to put up. I have all oil rubbed bronze bath fixtures in my master bathroom in which the color blended in just fine. I shopped around online for months and I'm glad I find this fixture and the price was excellent.
I get so many compliments on this fixture when I show off my master bath. We hung this in the powder room, for a touch of elegance that doesn't overpower or run my husband out of the room. I even learned to install a light myself - very DIY friendly if you follow the wire colors and grounding instructions. The crystals are "heavy" giving a better than expected value.