I read a review that said "If you are on the fence about these, go ahead and buy them." I am glad we did! They perfectly match our kitchen cabinets which are espresso. The seats are very comfortable and the stools are very sturdy. I am so happy with this purchase. I feel like I got what I paid for. These are very nice-quality stools. I also read another review that advised getting a stool about 10 inches or so shorter than your table/island/counterfor a comfortable seating height. This was also very accurate as the stools are the perfect height for our kitchen island.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? We expected a dark espresso, and got a dark espresso that matches our kitchen exactly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, easy to put together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
These are great stools, sturdy, and comfortable. Unfortunately they are much, much darker than the picture. They really are more of a traditional espresso color. Think Ikea espresso color. Yes, that dark. I ordered two. They came damaged from the shipping, so I returned them. But Overstock was very prompt in getting me a full refund and filing a claim with UPS. Always happy with my Overstock experience.
I love the looks of this stool and it works great in my kitchen as desk mate, HOWEVER, BE VERY CAREFUL that you sit in the middle of the stool and not on either of the upturned sides. It will break if you do so. Mine pulled out two screws, stripping one so that it was unfixable. These screws holding the seat to the swivel assembly are virtually impossible to get to with old fingers. My granddaughter did succeed in getting one back in, but the other one, being stripped, would not stay put. I had the stool only a month when this happened and I was heartbroken. Now, I perch very gingerly in the middle.
I purchased two of these stools and ended up returning them. The first stool was hard to put together because the pre-drilled holes did not line up, so we could only attach the seat to the legs with half the number of screws it tells you to. The swivel mechanism was really nice, and the stools seemed sturdy, but on the first stool, the cross bars on the bottom had crews in them... for no reason we could tell, and they were on the top of the bar, the part you see. We were totally perplexed by this. Anyway, opened up the second box, and one of the legs was broken. Sent them back, and got a refund. Overstock provided the return mailing label quickly and refunded my money as soon as they were returned. This was the first time that I had to return a large purchase, and it was easy. I would say, these stools are a great price, but the quality is questionable.
I have had these stools for over a year. I love them. I have three stools and they all are very confortable. After a while they were hard to rotate but all I had to do was spray some w-d 40 on them and they were like new. I am very happy with these stools.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Perfect quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? what you see is what you get
I bought 2 of these stools for my kitchen counter. As other reviewers noted, the color is much darker than on screen, more of an espresso finish, which worked for us. One of the boxes were missing 2 pieces but the customer service was very helpful in sending the extra pieces fairly expediently. The stools were easy to assemble, quality is decent and they feel pretty sturdy. I feel perhaps they were slightly pricey, but overall I'm very happy with the purchase and would recommend it. They are quite wide though, so check the measurements first!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker in actuality
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fairly good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? generally accurate
These stools are pretty comfortable while sitting on them, but to get on them is a bit tricky with the flared up sides. It is a bit uncomfortable getting on them if you don't get yourself over the edge before sitting down. We just remodeled our kitchen and I have a huge island where I did not have one before. We sit and eat around the island more than ever.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The stools are much darker than the picture, nearly black. I actually thought I was ordering stools that had walnut seats and expresso legs.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ordered 4 and received them. After using them less than 2 weeks, the chair top on one broke away from the legs, totally unfixable. Customer service was great-chatted with them about the problem and they led me thru the steps to send it back-their charge. I received the replacement way before they could've gotten the defect.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate, but they are still wider than I expected.
I ordered 4 of these and 2 of them came with broken dowels. I was lucky my son was able to fix them. Actually, I think it was the packing that was the issue. Everything was as described. Great looking counter stools.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of product was great. Good solid wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Love, love, love these stools. They are comfortable and stylish! The are perfect for my kids and adults. We prefer to sit in them than at the bar than at the table now!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for them money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I ordered the wrong height the first time. You have to measure from the top of the curve up which is about a 3 inch difference.
We LOVE this stool. We were looking for a backless stool that would still provide comfort. This stool does exactly that. The handles have been very useful in moving the stools since they are heavy and the seat bottom is oversized. Assembly was easy, I didn't even need the instructions. It took about 10 minutes to assemble. A definite conversation piece when people sit on it because they don't expect the comfort or the ability to swivel. A definite must buy if you're on the fence.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is much darker than depicted online but exactly what one would expect the espresso color to be.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good. Heavy hardwood. Seems to be durable enough to last as long as my kids.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The online description was accurate.
The stools came very well packaged and protected. They were easy to assemble with just one person. We are redoing our kitchen so have not put them to use yet. We have sat on them for periods of time, and have found them to be very comfortable and stable. We really like the swivel option. They are a great buy for the price.
The stool looks the picture, except it is considerably larger that it appears in the picture. The seat seems over sized. The main challenge is that the package did not come with any hardward. After digging into the box and the packing beads were all over the house, my husband and to go to two hardward stores to get the proper hardware to put the stool together. This iwas very disappointing. No where on the packing ship is there any information on how to contact Overstock for replacement hardware or how to contact Overstock to ask about aquring the hardware. This is disappointing. My husband was very irratated and does not want me other orders from Overstock.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? The stool looks like the picture except the seat is twice as big the picture.
I'm really happy with my stool. I bought it to match two existing stools in my kitchen that are espresso color and it does a very good job at that. The only difference is that thestools that I have have back support and this one does not, but I knew that to begin with. Purchase it. You won't regret them. Assembly was fairly simple.
I bought this stool to fit under a counter in our kitchen, where we have a computer. It was surprisingly easy to put together...and I was able to do it with my 18-month old running around. I also like the fact that the chair swivels back and forth. There was one scratch/chip in the wooden leg of the stool, which I assume happened in shipping as the box it came in was packed with all types of strange packing materials. I just used a paint pen to cover the scratch and no one will notice.
I purchased 4 of these stools recently. My husband assembled them all in about an hour. There was one stool that was giving him some trouble. We did need an electric screwdriver to attach the rungs to the legs. On one of the stools the legs don't sit evenly on the floor. It's not a big enough problem for me to return it. And once you sit on it you can't tell. They are a very, very dark brown. They are nice and solid and quite comfortable. I think one reviewer commented that there is a metal piece on the tops of the rungs (front and back, not sides). Nice feature so when you put your feet on them the wood finish won't be disturbed. And the color of the metal matches the wood finish so you can't really even tell that they are there. Quite a nice stool for the money.