This rug is a very pretty safavieh product, and exactly what I wanted for my space. Here are some more specific details: COLOR: The overall color isn't as bright as what is shown on the site, but overall it does read a minty-sea glass color. The base is lighter and can almost read gray-ish green at certain angles, but the darker/brighter green stripe really makes the overall color blend well. ALSO, the rug has a little sheen to it, which I think is so pretty, but this could be why the color looks a little different depending on your angle. Like some parts seem darker or lighter where the light hits. I think this makes it look and feel more expensive, but it would be a personal preference thing. I have a silk sea glass, almost jade green drapery in this room, so it really brings out the colors of the rug beautifully. QUALITY/FEEL: This rug is VERY soft. I have a few other safavieh wool rugs in my home and this is by far the softest. It's not a shaggy pile at all, but it's one of those that you can kind of sink into if that makes sense. It feels almost padded. It would be perfect for a room where you actually want to sit on the rug. I don't know about shedding yet, though I'm sure it will since ALL wool rugs do. I have had good and bad experiences with this manufacturer on shedding so I think it really depends on the style/make of the rug. I personally LOVE this rug, and I think it's a great way to bring some greens into your room without being a completely bright green rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty close- the overall color is a little less bright "sea glass" and more muted. See review notes...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good so far- very soft feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
The color is not vibrant. I couldn't wait to get this rug but was really let down when I opened it and found the colors to be dull. Was really hoping for the seaglass effect with blue-greens as pictured. It has a soft blue-gray background with dull green stripes. Sooo hoped it would work... :( Had to send back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Background color was blue-gray and not light blue-green. Zig-zags are dull green.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appears to be good quality but color is not as vibrant as I hoped.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? background is blue-gray, not blue-green as in picture.