My wife and I have used Thirstystone coasters for years, and have never been disappointed. They are good-looking, genuinely absorbent, and easy to clean. Upon receiving these we were very satisfied with the fine quality of the imprinted design and the beauty of the bamboo holder.
We've used Thirstystone coasters before, but this was the first time we went with a 'decorated' one vs. just the one without any paint/embellishments. We're returning this set because it just doesn't absorb liquid--it's no better than the leather, tweed, plastic, glass coasters out there that where water just beads on it, rather than gets absorbed. The top is quite smooth, bordering on slick from the paint/lacquer, which is inhibiting absorption. We'll just go back to the plain Thirstystone ones that are a bit rougher on top, but that absorb like champs.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? Just as pretty in hand as on the photo.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not very--the water just beaded on the coaster.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good weight, felt sturdy, but wasn't absorbent.
So many coasters let liquid run off the service. Not these. They absorb well and are a nice large size. They hold all our glasses and cups.
- How did the image on site compare with the actual product? same
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exactly as stated