I needed a pair of thermal curtains for a bedroom in my house that has a very large window and gets very cold in the winter and very hot in summer, regardless of the temperature throughout the rest of the house. I put these up, and they've done a great job of keeping the cold out so that the room feels more comparable in temperature to that of the rest of the house. I have yet to see how they work with the heat, but thus far, they have served their purpose. Also, these were the best thermal curtains I could find in terms of price that were large enough to fit the window in question. At first, there was concern of how the black curtains would look in the room, but because they are made of a microfiber material, it is kind of a soft black, giving the curtains a bit of a warmer, more inviting appearance than was originally expected.
We really like these panels. My husband sleeps during the day and it's important that he have the room dark and with these it certainly is. I love the easy care fabric and the color is just perfect to match our room. I'm so glad I thought to check at Overstock.com for these. Delivery was quick and no problems have been experienced. The price was right and the quality matches. Thank you.
I love these curtains! It's very cold at night and these curtains make my bedroom nice and warm. I can wake to a warm room and decreased body pain. No drafts, breezes, or anything as with the regular curtains I've used in the past!! I need to order more for other rooms. Thank you
I originally bought these curtains for two spare bedrooms that I didn't want to spend a lot of money on. When I got them, WOW!!! They really have a rich look and black out a room just like you would expect. I liked them so much I bought a couple more pairs for my master bedroom, where I do care about the look. And they keep the heat out as well. Here in Florida that is important. The price is terrific. You will not go wrong getting these curtains.
I ordered these as a test of Overstock.com in general. Needing curtains for our drafty windows this winter, I ordered two pairs in two different colors - the tan and the pomegranate. I love the pomegranate color, and just laced an order for three more pairs, but have to say the color is nothing like the bright red that shows on my monitor. It is a rich, dark berry color. But, it goes nicely with my rugs, so I was lucky. The curtains are very substantial, and have a nice, quality feel to them. The tan color is just OK, in my opinion. I do find it very odd that Overstock will only issue refunds if the package is unopened, as you have to inspect something to see if it has flaws and how can you do that otherwise?!? On "iffy-er" items, this will keep me from purchasing here.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Much darker than on site- I have a Mac Ipad
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, heavy feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good accuracy, but could have listed % of energy savings
Perhaps it's because I chose the palest color, but these curtains do NOT black-out the room. They are simply thin chamois curtains which, even with closed blinds behind them, do not black out the room. These should NOT be advertised as black-out curtains.
I was disappointed with these curtains for several reasons. The color was perfect, until we hung them. They shouldn;t be called "blackout" curtains, because the sun came right through and made the nice creamy beige color a gaudy gold. I'm going to have to install a dark shade or blinds on the windows to avoid this. The lengths varied, which was a pain. But the worst thing is the smell. We've had them up for a couple of weeks now, and the smell is still overwhelming. We finally have a sunny day, so I'll open all the windows today and hopefully that will help. On the plus side, the fabric is very nice, and the color (once I put up blinds) is lovely. It's hard to believe that the rubbery backs will make them thermal, but we'll see.
I ordered these for my small carriage house apartment and I love them! They work wonderfully at keeping the hot Los Angeles sun out and making my apartment look more homely. My only complaint, which isn't really a complaint, is that they were wrinkled when I got them and there are still some wrinkles remaining. I washed them in my washing machine and did a low temp dry cycle but not all of the wrinkles came out. That was kind of a bummer, but I got over it quickly because they were incredibly affordable, they look great and they do what they are supposed to!
These were perfect to cover drafty windows in an old house. Not only do they look great but will probably cut my heat bill too~
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I tried a few other "black out" curtains from other stores before trying these. These do a pretty good job, but if you have direct sunlight in your window, they do sparkle with sun coming through. But if you don't have direct sunlight, they'll probably be truly "black out". The quality of these curtains feels very nice - the suede is super soft, and they hang pretty nicely. I did have to iron them before hanging, though, because the folds and creases were too deep to look nice while hanging. But they ironed out okay. Make sure you buy more curtains then you need to fill your window, because these curtains look better when they're nice and full across your windows.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice soft suede fabric, feels fancy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good, but they're not truly blackouts
I have to say that the material of these curtains are of good quality. These curtains are true suedeThe color was perfect, until we hung them. They shouldn't be called "blackout" curtains, because the sun came right through
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? They shouldn't be called "blackout" curtains
Needed curtains that would darken a very bright room that my teenager uses. She is thrilled with them, drapes darken & insulate very well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color on point.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
These curtains might be fine for warmer curtains but they are certainly not North Dakota proof. They are very thin and I will need to purchase additional thermal liners to put behind them. The fabric itself is fine quality, just not very good at keeping the cold out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? okay
We purchased these for 3 windows in our apartment and because they were wrinkled coming out of the package, we decided to wash them before hanging them in our apartment. Big mistake. Upon taking them out of the washer, we discovered that the stitching completely came out of one side of the panels. In addition, one of the panels has started to pill. We will definitely not be wasting money to buy replacements, nor would we recommend this to anyone else.
Very disappointing as we expected these Thermal-backed Faux Suede Blackout Curtain Panel Pair to be "Blackout" as described, they were not. Everything else was good about the drapes. If you want Blackout, don't buy these. We returned them, Overstock was very helpful and efficient with the return.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? GOOD
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Appeared well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, with exception these are NOT Blackout drapes!