Buying curtains can be very expensive, so I was pretty happy to find these. As advertised, they do keep the heat from the sun out, and they look more expensive than they are. The odd thing is, they're sold as a pair, but each panel comes in a separate package and the panels don't match. One panel looked like the picture, with the pleats on top. The other panel didn't have the pleats, which would have been okay, except you can't use the panels for the same window, unless you rather go for the mismatched look. At first I thought there was some mistake, but when my replacement curtains came, the panels were mismatched once again. And the quality of the second pair wasn't as good as the first pair I'd received (the thermal backing was thinner and of a poorer material). So, buyer beware: consistency is a problem.
I have used Overstock for years now and have very seldom been disappointed. These curtains were exactly what the picture showed. The thermal backing makes them drape stiffly, but that's to be expected. Little hint.. put them on the low, delicate cycle in your dryer for about 30-45 minutes, it'll speed up the process. Overstock is also very good when it comes to extremely reasonable prices and prompt delivery. The Big O is always the first place I check when I want to buy something online!
I bought these curtains for my bedroom because I wake up the minute any light shines through the window. They black out pretty well, although I have shades behind them that help a lot too. They are more detailed and colorful than the picture looks, which delighted me because they matched my bedspread even better than I thought they would. There are also hints of mauve and sage in the detail. You do have to put them in the dryer a little bit with a damp washcloth to get the wrinkles out, but they came out fine. Instead of using the pole opening, I bought drapery clips and slid them on the pole that way. I wanted to be able to just sweep them open in the morning, and this worked well.
I wanted something that blocked the sun and only hinted at gold. These do the job very nicely. I was concerned they might be too golden. I took a chance and am happy I did. The picture shows them as more gold-colored than they really are. They were quite wrinkled on arrival, but that was OK with me because I always iron new drapes -- even these, despite the manufacturer's warning not to iron them. I used constant, medium steam, a cotton/poly heat setting, and just kept the iron moving. For deep-set wrinkles, I held the steaming iron a little above the material for a few secs before applying heat. No harm done and all wrinkles disappeared.
I have purchased this set of curtains, I love the colors (more gold in person). They look very elegant. I do wish that the backing was a little thicker though.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a little more gold in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm a little disappointed with the thermal backing, it's pretty thin.
The curtains are solid and well constructed. If you are looking for something that blacks out the room, you might not take these. Overall they look really good and I like them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matched perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? They are not that blackout
was an ok item but the smell that comes from the blinds is really a turn off. still smelling after several weeks. making the room always stuffy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. was ok, not as luxirious as what is shown on d website
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not very accurate
If you are looking for blackout curtains, these are NOT for you. These are not blackout at all; not even close. In fact, nowhere on the package says so. Only one previous reviewer mentioned that this isn't really a blackout and too bad I didn't catch that before I placed the order. If you like the look of the product photo( I did!), you will have to buy at least 2~3 times the frame width to get similar result according to the manufacture. I recommend 4~5 times the frame width; anything less doesn't looks right because of the super stiff fabric. Please do your math before placing your order. My goal was to get good looking blackout curtains for reasonable price and I would say I have failed.
I read ALL of the other reviews for these curtains before purchasing 8 panels (I wanted all of the window dressings on the first level at the front of my house to match). Every panel was exactly 84" long; as one of the other reviewers advised, I used 2" clip rings to extend the length so that I could install the curtain rod a few inches above the window frame. Because the curtain fabric is quite thick and the backing is attached to the curtain, I followed another reviewer's suggestion and threw all of the panels in the dryer for about 25 minutes to get most of the wrinkles out (steaming the panels did NOT work, and I wasn't about to iron them). One of the panels arrived with a defect in the thermatek lining; a quick LiveChat session solved this problem--the rep ordered another panel and I was good to go. I am a very, VERY thrifty shopper, and I believe these curtains are quite a bargain for the price--you'd pay $35 MINIMUM per panel for curtains that are this thick and have a tapestry pattern. They are very neutral and would work with most "traditional" decors.
I purchased these curtains to block out sunlight in the summer and cold air in the winter. They are perfect. They are elegant looking and a fantastic value for the price. They are neutral so they fit perfectly with our decor. Highly reccommend!
Bought 3 pr for my bedroom, they look great only problem is patterns don't line up, but since they're in my bedroom it doesn't make too much of a difference. I would keep this in mind if anyone is considering putting them in a more visible room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. could be a little bit more room darkening
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I purchased these panels to use for reupholstering a set of dining room chairs. The fabric is very nice and looks like it was very expensive. The panels are thick and feel very durable. They've stood up to my rigorous hanlding (to prep the fabric and cover the chairs) quite well and I expect that they will serve my purpose nicely. As to the blackout feature, I can't really add anything since i'm not using them as curtains, but the material is quite thick.I think they are such a nice buy. I hope this helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nicely made, quality curtain
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? adequate
although the quality was a little lower than we expected, overall the curtains perform the way they should so we are satisfied customers. they do look great too.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fairly or mostly similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. a little thinner than expected, but they definitely still do the job
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty good
Very elegant... Great buy!! Everyone that has visited comments on how beautiful the curtains are. Overstock hasn't failed me yet!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was a little lighter but it still worked
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
These were pretty curtains--notice I say were in this review. They are now in the trash. I bought these when we moved about a year and a half ago for my living room. Yesterday I decided it was time to wash them. Followed the instructions, discovered when they were done that the backing had broken down and they were GLUED TO THE INSIDE OF MY WASHING MACHINE!! This was even with washing them on cold as the instructions said. Save your money unless you are willing to throw them out or spend money to have them dry cleaned, they ARE NOT MACHINE WASHABLE, even though it says it on the label! If I could give them a negative star I would, this was such a disappointment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seemed to be well made......
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I bought 2 pairs in burgandy for my office. I have a large patio door and the 2 pairs covered it perfectly. It keeps the sun out which wwas important for me because of all my books and diplomas, certifications, etc on the walls. Keeps the room warmer in winter and cooler in our HOT summrers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect, but richer.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality. Hems and seams even and no loose tthreads.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I am very happy with my product. I had previously chose curtains which were not at all what I wanted and had to return those. I picked these on the second time around. The color was even better in person. Online it's hard to tell that there's a pattern but there is! I found that out when they arrived, which was a nice surprise. The thickness is perfect also. I would definitely come here for curtains in the future.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was even better in person
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was going for something semi thick, to block out the light, which is what I got
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I ordered these curtains to keep the cold out. They color is gold but it has shades of green and red tones. Looks great with my forest green. Most thermal curtains I looked at were only 40 inch panels these were 104 inch a pair. So I even saved money.