This large, beautiful carving board was nicer than I had imagined. The quality and craftsmanship are excellent. It is sanded smooth and the joints between the hardwood strips are thin and tight. Instructions were included to keep it looking beautiful by wiping it with either butcher block oil or mineral oil (cheaper) and letting it soak in for 30 minutes. It is raised on 4 feet, which have rubber inserts to keep the board absolutely stable. It definitely won't skid on your tabletop or counter. The juice well is wide and ample... no drips here! The board will hold a large turkey or roast with ease.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to color on website
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality; made in America
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I received this item and in the meantime had received a gift of one similar, so I returned the item. It looked like a great chopping block...very substantial and heavy and just as shown.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Looks like a great block.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.