Somewhat difficult to put together - well, really only one problem with the false drawer pins being too small to hold it in place. A quick trip to the hardware store to get 1" pins and we were in business. The drawer is huge (perfect for spice storage) and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I could fit on the lower shelves. Very pleased with the purchase!
This island was exactly what I wanted in terms of size and function. It was packed well and easy to assemble. However, IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE PICTURE! It is not all one similar color. It is a blend of several hardwoods ranging from light to dark. (Think about the different colors you see in a butcher block top.) I suggest you look at this product on other websites because the picture on this site is misleading. They do have the best price, though! With that said, my island arrived with 4 doors that were all different colors and did not look nice together. I contacted the manufacturer (Catskill Craftsmen) and they were very good to work with. They sent me 4 similar doors that arrived in just a few days. The island also needs to be rubbed with oil once a week for the first three weeks, and it will get darker with each application. I am pleased with the appearance now. It blends well with my oak cabinets and has a lot of storage space.
Furniture quality piece! Took 2 girls 3 hours to assemble, but the instructions are clear if you bother to read them thoroughly. Everything fit perfectly, no gaps or mismatches, no need for alterations. If you don't know what an 'oil finish' is, you should find out before ordering this product. Product description is clear and accurate. I am absolutely thrilled with this product!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly!!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent craftsmanship!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The stand arrived in two boxes. It took about 3 hours to assemble. The instructions were not very clear and the wooden parts were damaged. One wooden side panel was cracked, but was repaired with wood glue. One of the legs was drilled off center and had cracked the leg. The company has an offer to replace any damaged parts, but to replace those parts would have required to completely dis-assemble the unit.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was a match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Several of the wooden components were damaged.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
I bought this piece for my daughter. She said it wasn't too difficult to put together and was a heavy, very well made piece of furniture that matched her kitchen cabinets almost perfectly. The only problem she had was on one side of one of the drawers; it wouldn't fit into place like the other side did and she had to glue it. Other than that she was very pleased with the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to actual color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made; sturdy construction.
When the flat package arrived a corner was chipped so we could not put the pieces together. I called the US based customer service and was told they stand by their product so they immediately sent a replacement side for the chipped side. Arrived fast. I have had the island for almost two years. It's roomy and has wheels. Doors on both sides and one drawer but the drawer can only be opened fron one side. I would buy this again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate, as described
took awhile to assemble but is very sturdy easy to move. it was larger then expected, but worked out for the best and is used alot.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? was different but will liked
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. took a wile to assemble but well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
I wanted a solid wood piece not a composite. When composite wood gets wet or old and the supports for the shelves give way. The butcher block top was rough and unfinished and needed a good sanding too. Not at all worth the price tag. For the quality I would not expect to pay over $300.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? looks like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not worth the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It is NOT all solid wood construction
I just moved to a townhouse in much need of kitchen cabinetry/storage but plenty of room for an island. I searched many websites and stores and was impressed with other reviews of this island so I took the plunge and am glad I did. I ordered on a Friday evening and it was waiting for me on my doorstep upon my return from work the next Wednesday. All the parts and pieces were present with no damage. It took me about 3 hours to put it together with only a screwdriver, a boot heel (remember, I just moved and couldn't find all my tools!) and a curious cat. There were some parts left over from the parts list that were never addressed in the assembly directions but I haven't found that to be a deficiency. Regarding the functionality of the island, I couldn't be more pleased. The big drawer extends fully, is sturdy and holds all my kitchen utensils with room to spare. The cabinet part below holds all my pots, pans and bowls. The best part is the dual access doors so there is no losing items in the back of the cabinet, because it doesn't have one! This island looks so nice, too, that it makes the kitchen cabinets look terrible by comparison.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
This is a great cart/island. It arrived in perfect condition and was easy to assemble. I would recommend laying out each of the pieces on a floor area and then proceed with patience. Once assembled, the cabinet doors were perfectly aligned and opened and closed perfectly! The size of this cart is great in every respect and is a wonderful addition to our kitchen. It is very attractive and most convenient for baking and other general kitchen use. I LOVE it.
I really like my island it is so big and nice i can stack all my bowls in the top part and my pan on the bottom it is great i would get another one if i need it .my husband and son put mine together for me in not to long i love that mine has doors on both side so if something is in the back you can go to the back and get it out with out haveing to take every thing out