These treads have held up well for quite some time now. They still look like new and have a good pattern that looks purposeful. They aren't just ugly rubber, they actually have a nice design. They stay in place on our concrete steps and have worked well. They smell very strongly of rubber at first (in the house when I first opened the package), but once I had them outside it went away.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
The tread may be appropriate for inside the home. I have wide steps on a walkway and the treads were undersized and underweight for what I intended. I shop regularly on O so I won't let this be a deal breaker for me and it's not worth sending the item back. To say the least - I'm disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as represented.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The treads were less substantial than I presumed from the pictures. Pay attention to the weight of the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I thought the tread was something more than was stated.
I have several steps on my back porch that lead down to the yard. During rainy and/ or cold weather the steps could be slippery. I wanted mats and saw these and decided to try one set. I like them so much I bought two more sets to place on each step. They move around a little so I had a friend screw the mats to the wooden steps to hold them in place. If you don't have wooden steps I would use that material they sell for placing under rugs to keep them from moving, that might help. I have bought many indoor/outdoor area rugs for my porches and I use that non slip material under them for that, so I would imagine it would work for the black mats too. If the mats become dull looking from sun and rain, you can always spray them with black paint again to spruce them up. I have done that with rubber mats before. For the price, I consider these mats a good investment for me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price you receive two mats. They appear to be of good quality , are a little thinnercompared to some mats but they do prevent slippage on the steps on back porch
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurage
Bought these for our indoor staircase. The strong plastic smell coming off of these was bothersome. My brother came in the house and asked why it smelled of urine inside. It was the plastic smell from these mats. These are intended for using outside. I'm only leaving this review so no one makes the mistake i made by using them inside.