I love the overdyed rug look and was thrilled to find the color I wanted in a fiber that will be easy to clean when my grandchildren join us for dinner. I was concerned about the edges of this rug, but it is nicely bound and looks to be much more expensive than it is. I have only had it a few weeks, but see no signs of pilling or curling corners. I think it is stunning and highly recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as represented
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Intense color/soft on the feet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I had no surprises
This teal and grey rug is just beautiful in person. The color is a little more saturated in person, but I thought this was a positive. We have a dog and 2 long-haired cats, and I'm happy to say that this rug doesn't show dirt or fur. Also, this rug doesn't shed at all. I've purchased some very nice rugs that have shed for weeks and weeks regardless of how many times I vacuumed. This carpet doesn't shed at all. It really is pretty and was very affordable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? In person this rug is a little more vibrant in color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very high quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I would buy this again in a heartbeat. Was not real sure that it would have enough Teal in it but it does, and works perfect with fabric I had bought to go with it in our master bedroom re-do. If I was going to put it down in anyway it would be that it is a little thin but, for the price it was a steal.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. lays flat, love the over-dyed look, for the price a great deal
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
This rug wasn't necessarily bad --- it is just not at all like it is pictured. It looks in the picture like it is dark teal with some lighter washed out areas of teal. Not the case. It actually has all kinds of colors and it is more like a colorful design. And the teal is not a pretty rich color like it looks. Overstock was great in their customer service regarding my return, but I wouldn't recommend this product if you are wanting it as pictured.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poorly
Beautiful rug at a great price! Great colors: Teal, turquoise, dark grey, a lighter grey and a hint of almost violet (but you have to really look to see it, it doesn't stand out as an accent color). Nicely bound edges also in teal. Not very thick so if you're using it for a living area do purchase a quality pad; since this is for my dining room I might not bother. Literally everywhere else I saw this rug (it's Sphinx Revival 500H2 FYI) in this size had it for $*** so this is a great deal!
After returning another dissapointing Overstock area rug purchase, I bought this rug. Overall I am pleased with it-- the size works really well in my bedroom and the style is fantastic. Its one of my better purchases in recent months and it brings many of the elements of my French-styled room together. I have seen it sold for twice as much as I paid but I STILL think the quality is not as fantastic as it might be. Its a little on the thin side (which is fine, as I have a lot of furniture that sits partially on and off the rug and it doesn't make it too uneven.) I think I am used to plushier wool rugs, so the feel of this one came as a bit of a shock. Its not scratchy but its doesn't have a lot of body. I love the sort of aged/timeworn style, though its something that is much more pronounced on the small monitor image than it is close up. My only real issue is that its nowhere close to the deep, rich teal the monitor shows. Yes, yes, I know that this is something that varies, but I think another reviewer mentioned it, too. Its still great in my subdued, relaxing bedroom space but if you are looking for a jewel tone, you might be dissapointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not as deep/rich as the image. More of a turquoise
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality but not excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
First, this rug is described as Teal/gray. There is a label on the back of the rug that describes the color as AQUA with purple. Aqua is an accurate color....it is much lighter and greener than the picture. There is NO gray in this rug. The quality is very cheap and like others have said, it's thin. The pattern is a cheap knockoff of a worn oriental rug pattern and looks just that -- cheap. Because the rug is so large, the pattern is huge and looks like a digital picture when you try to enlarge it so much it becomes pixelated. When you're up close, you can't even tell there is a pattern...it just looks like random blobs of black. Needless to say, I was very disappointed. I have had great experiences with Overstock before, but they really need to create a more accurate product description. This rug is NOT Teal or gray. It is Aqua with random speckles of lavender and black.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Completely different
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fair to Poor. Target has better quality rugs.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? NOT AT ALL
I LOVE MY NEW RUG! I had been wanting a rug like this but the prices where crazy. I was so pleasantly surprised find this synthetic version that gave the same look for a fraction of the price. This is such a great price for a large area rug! The colors are an exact match to the picture. Simply beautiful! I am very happy with purchase and imagine that I will still be in love with this item for years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good. Would have been helpful to include cleaning recommendations.
Although I am relatively satisfied with the quality, I am disappointed that the coloring of the actual product seems very different from what was reflected in the sample pictures. Specifically, the actual product seems to have much less black and patterning than was reflected in the sample pictures and thus does not appear as rich or detailed. Perhaps there is some variation between products because it is a faded look or the sample pictures simply did not translate well, but I still find this discrepancy very disappointing and would advise potential buyers to bear this in mind before ordering.
The rug is not at all what I expected. I envisioned it being more of a persian style actual rug which was distressed looking as in the picture. The rug is not a rug at all but carpet with that plasticky backing (that looks cheap) to me. I was expecting to upgrade and perhaps my expectations were too high considering the price point. I expected woven yarn/string and not carpety texture with plastic backing. The color is pretty...but the design looks digital and pixilated not distressed which was the look I desired. I do not like the bound edges again another touch that I feel makes it look more like a cheap piece of carpet rather than a distressed woven rug which was what I desired. I decided to keep it in hopes that it will tone down some once it get broke in and used a bit. I just want to get things settled and in place in my new apartment so its good enough for now.
Absolutely love the look of this rug. There really isn't much grey, more teal and black. I didn't want a solid rug or one with an ornate pattern, this is exactly what i was looking for. It's not very padded, but perfect for the dining area. Dense pile, haven't noticed any shedding. This is the 3rd rug I have purchased from OS, haven't been disappointed yet.
LOVE this rug! I have had it for about a month now, no shedding, no curling of the edges, and when it first came in it didnt even have to de-gas from the smells that new rugs usually have. Shipping was fast and everything was intact. The rug is a little thin so you might want a cushion pad underneath. BUT this is a GREAT rug for the price.
This is a great rug. It looks fantastic in my teenage son's orange and grey bedroom. As others stated, this isn't a thick rug, but it looks great and does the job. The colors are very close to what was seen on my computer. I just love it!
Color is very vibrant, and a little brighter than I bargained for, but it's growing on me. Everyone who has seen it, loves it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Brighter than the online picture..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Nice addition to any room. Not quite as 'worn' looking as I had hoped, but still a beautiful rug. Great size and pop of color for any room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not quite as deep but still very nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good - has just the right amount of cushion.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good