If I had seen a picture of what the rug really looks like, I wouldn't have bought it. Both the pattern and the colors on the rug are much duller than they appear in the photo. It looks MUCH cheaper than I expected it to based on the photo. Even rolled up, upon delivery, I could tell instantly--just from the top color sticking out/quality of the material--that it would look nothing like the image.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is not nearly as rich.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The rug looks MUCH cheaper in person than it does in the photo
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description is accurate--but not the photo.
When I first saw this rug online I fell in love. I couldn't wait for it to arrive and when it did I immediately realized something was off. I had requested for it to be shipped to my office and the moment I saw it, it did not look like that rug I had ordered. Why was there brown and purple on my rug that was supposed to be teal and grey??? I went to the website and realized there were reviews that mirrored my feeling of the rug to a T. Frustrated, I took it home and laid it out to show my boyfriend. Suddenly, It looked just like the rug I had ordered. I felt silly. The lighting in my office is very bright but at home it's much less harsh and more warm. In my living room the rug looks wonderful. It IS exactly what I wanted. Before purchasing this MAKE SURE you take lighting into consideration.
I saw this rug in other Designer Showroom sites and fell in love, just not with the price! I happened to see a version of this rug in person and I knew it was exactly what I needed! I just couldn't believe how reasonable the price was at Overstock! It is a thin, low cut, synthetic blend rug, but I am mainly interested in the peacock blue color and time-worn appearance of an old-Persian Rug. I knew it was one of those pieces that I would probably tire of in a few seasons so I was reluctant to make a big investment. What a great find. I love the peacock blue and the pale grey accents that give the appearance of a Persian rug. Exactly as pictured. Love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Exactly as expected,thin synthetic pile. The look of a worn antique rug!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
I read some of the other reviews and I think I see what the complaints may have been about. I think because it's hooked a little bigger than expected, it gives the rug a little bit of a sheen which detracts from looking "vintage," but overall, it's pretty much as the picture represents. I purchased for the teal color to add a punch to the room. That's what it did. It's not SUPER high quality, and it's a little stiff out of the packaging instead of having that soft, flexible feel, but I like it. Don't get it for your mansion living room. It's a shabby feel, but not authentic shabby.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I'm planning on using this rug in my up dated living room. Beautiful color but if you are looking for a plush rug, it's not or you. It will be the perfect pop of color!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Teal/ multi has a worn look
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, thin rug not plush
Its thin, machine made and not quite as true to the picture in terms of the "overdyed' effect. Next time i might spend more, but that's the risk you take ordering online. I'm keeping it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Does the job, about right for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? close enough
My daughter and I had been searching for a rug to add a pop of color and some bohemian style to her first "big city girl" (Chicago) apartment and this rug completely fits the bill! We were pleasantly surprised because a few of the reviews almost scared us off. We are picky about quality, price, and style -- this rug meets all criteria! If you're expecting it to look exactly like a $XXXX overdyed antique rug you will be disappointed. However it does a very good job of mimicking the look and for such a reasonable price. The colors are gorgeous and the pattern subtle -- very chic. We are thrilled with this purchase and think you will be too !
The style and color of this rug is exactly what I wanted. I've been redecorating my bedroom to give it that colorful, warm bohemian look. My husband wanted blue, but when I see a blue room I think of my sons bedrooms when they were little, so I chose teal because it's a shade of blue that my husband and I both love. .I've seen this rug at several other places, but their prices were too high and the shipping rate way too much. when I saw it at overstock I felt it was a bargain I couldn't pass up.
This rug is exactly as described and as pictured. It is not an old persian rug but with time, I expect it to acquire a more well-worn appearance. The colors are true to the photo. I love the over-dyed look - I had a Target budget but this rug surpasses anything I could find in an average box dept. store. I probably should've ordered a no-slip mat as it is not heavy enough to remain in place on a hardwood floor.
This was purchased for an office, over wall-to-wall carpet. The rug was much thinner than I expected! However, for my needs, it works because it is purely decorative. I see clients in my office. There has been quite a bit of pilling from shoes in the area where they sit. The lint is easy enough to vacuum or pick up but I hope these areas will hold their looks over time. I have only used rug for 2 months. The color is amazing, just what I wanted. Honestly, I have received many glowing remarks about it! It has a nice worn/new look :)
This rug is very cheap, thin and of very poor quality. Had I only spent $25-$30 on it that's what I would have expected. Overpriced for what it is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty true
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Misleading
I needed a rug for my foyer which opens to all the rooms of my house -including from the upstairs. The rug needs to be durable because it's a high traffic area and we have two cats and a small dog. I'm so glad I ordered this rug - it's adorable - compliments the color scheme in my home and is really really fun. Someone who works for me said oh it looks like an old persian rug... Exactly. Although someone in the know would know - it's a sort of tongue in cheek nod to worn out persian rugs...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's exactly what it appears in my opinion - in the teal
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent Quality for the Price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I would definitely recommend this product. It is an amazing color and will add depth and style to any room.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality. Not great, but good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
I was excited about the color of this rug when ordering. And the reviews were good. You know the saying, "You get what you pay for." It's true. This rug looks and feels CHEAP! I'm returning it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? poor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This rug looks CHEAP!!
I purchased this rug for my home office. My logo colors are teal, black and white. I have white leather, black base chairs from Overstock - which I love and this rug was the perfect addition to my office. Every client that comes in comments on the rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color showed on the site was an excellent match.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The color is vibrant, the rug is soft and the edging is beautiful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Extremely accurate
The color appears to be a muted teal blue/grey in the online photo giving it an aged look. It is actually a bright green turquoise with pinkish accent. Not at all the color we were looking for. Also the quality was sub par, very thin. Very disappointed, Sent it back!
I bought this a couple of years ago when I thought my world would end without an overdyed rug. I doubted how committed I would be to something so bold, so I steered clear of the ones that were priced in the 1000s. I found a very specific blue that I loved from the expensive brands and then searched overstock until I found that same exact color. This teal blue color has the quality of an authentic hand knotted rug and I thought the fading was done in a well balanced manner. The rug actually continues to fade with time and use, which makes me love this rug even more. I have had it for a couple of years and thought it was worth coming back after all this time to write a review. Especially at this price, it's worth trying something bold.