These are really nice trays, solidly built and look great. There are three that nest together. Really good price for this quality of wood. Much better deal than anything I've seen online or in stores for this type of product. You won't regret this purchase!
I am perplexed (and upset) about the reviews of this product. I would NEVER recommend these trays. I am a normal, pretty fit older person, and I cannot lift the box with the three trays in it without struggling. Even the third, largest tray doesn't fit a dinner plate, and doesn't even fit my salad plates! Who needs these? For what?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is OK
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wood seems OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Too heavy and too narrow to use
Just got my trays; they are amazing! First off, this is a product with some heft. They weight 6-7 pounds each, and that's because the teak is a full 3/4" thick everywhere, much thicker than is pictured. Not for the frail to use for serving drinks - way too heavy - but their weight and solid quality will make them ideal as static ottoman trays....they're too heavy to easily knock aside, you'd have to put some muscle into it! These would be good for carrying around a geode collection or a pile of gold coins or fishing weights. Would also make a good life raft for a large house cat or two. The wood is a pretty, pale, mild-grained teak. It has apparently been oiled somewhat but water does not currently bead up, so I am planning to add wax before using these to set drinks on. The joinery, smoothness etc. are just right. OTOH, at least 1 tray has a somewhat brash "Arbora Teak" tag in shiny brass on the end. I would rather have had this left off, or had it made in a more muted and artistic style. The overall look is neutral and woodsy.....not Asian or "Pier One". All in all, I am quite pleased and feel the price is fully justified by what was delivered. Thank you!
I read other reviews prior to purchasing these trays. The three trays cradle inside of one another. As stated by another reviewer, the large tray will not hold a full size dinner plate. If you want these for a dinner serving tray, you may want to keep looking. These are beautiful trays that will work in many settings. I have one on our ottoman to hold coasters and remote controls. Yes, a drink or two will sit inside only on the coasters for now. The wood must be treated first, or I am fearful of staining. One tray is in the kitchen for various items to serve - fruits, cheeses, and such. The third and smallest tray will go on our boat. All will be treated with varnish which is all that is needed for this beautiful teak. They really are beautiful and I think they have many uses. You could always put on some Cetal for a "boat" finish if you want. For the price, I think that they are a bargain for the quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very true to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice teak - great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Trays are very heavy and use unfinished wood. They should be able to handle all kinds of use and abuse. To protect the wood, though, the user should apply some kind og finish. I used tung oil which really brought out the beauty of the wood grain. If I planned to use them to serve drinks, I would definitely protect the surface with a coat of polyurethane
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excedllent, top quality wood and construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Love the nesting trays; sturdy and sizing was what I was hoping for. Wish they would have come in an oiled finish as I needed to do that to have them match the teak bath mat we purchased as well. Overall, a good product for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. With these trays being teak, we expected a smoother finish than what we received. My intention was to finish them in teak oil, which I did - but they really should have been sanded first. Just a little rougher finish than what I was hoping for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
i would definitely recommend these trays to anyone wanting quality and fine workmanship in much useful home products. These trays are built well and with minimal care will last a lifetime of use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The trays were a gift for my son and daughter-in-law, they loved them and the trays were well constructed and true to their description
Not quite as nice as my ScanDesign dining room table in teak, but across the room, these trays match. They're quite well made. Figure on using a whole lot of teak oil on them; they come looking pretty dusty gray but look almost like "classic teak" after you oil them.
Was surprised this set was more than expected. The wood is beauitful. The trays are strong enough in weight you would not worry about items tipping over. The graduated sizes come in handy. For this 3pc Teak set I am shocked Overstock can over it at such a low price,especially with this type of quailty. I would recommend this set to anyone . They are great for not only when entertaining ,but also for every day use.I purchase from Overstock.com approx. everyother month. Have been happy with the shipping and the products.