We purchased two beds for our 11 year old twins and they work beautifully in their room. We particularly like the simple, clean look to the bed; important, since we wanted to also create an open look to the room rather than a cluttered one with too much bed furniture. The beds were relatively easy to assemble; a sturdy product that should hold up under our kids energetic use. I would recommend the product for those of you who would like to maximize your bedroom space with a good looking bed.
I recently took delivery of a "Simple Twin-size Espresso Platform Bed." A beautiful piece of furniture, indeed, but unfortunately made of very low quality wood. Upon completion of assembly, I noticed the right leg (attached to the headboad, had split in half, rendering the bed unsuable. This happened despite extreme care. No excessive force was used at all. There are four support legs in the middle, all of which fell off due to poor quality of the soft wood used. Bottom line: Very disappointing. I will not recommend it to anyone.
I ordered this be frame for my 23 y/o son as he had a mattress and box spring on the floor. The frame arrived sooner than expected and was easy to assemble. It is a very simple design which is appealing and the wood color is very attractive.I may consider ordering another one for my guest room. I am very happy with the product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid quality, easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
We purchased this bed for a 9 year old boy. We wanted a clean, modern look that will transition into adult. It works perfectly. The bed frame was easy to put together and is remarkably sturdy. If you leave the comforter untucked, you won't see the bedding. Despite the picture, the bed is a good height. We do not use a box spring. There is still ample room to store items under the bed. It was well packaged and had no damage.
Bought the twin size of this bed and love the quality construction. There is even a center support that runs the length of the bed to support the slats. The one issue we ran into was the holes one the slats did not line up with the predrilled holes on the side rails. Quick and easy fix was just to drill my own holes. Was not a problem and didn't crack any slats or bed rail bc I predrilled before installing the screws. Overall this is a great bed and great quality.
I bought this bed for my four year old. It doesn't take up a lot of room, which leaves more room for play, and it feels solid when I sit on it at night to read to her.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
We ordered 2 twins and a queen bed. The queen and first twin went together well. It helped to read the other reviews to know that not all the slats needed to be screwed to the frame. The 2nd twin was tough. Holes didn't line up and one of the center feet refused to screw on. Lots of fixing needed on this one. If we had not done the other two beds first we would have been very discouraged.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
Very easy to put together and sturdy once everything was tightened up. My son loves the bed without the headboard/footboard.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Bought this for a small guest room. It looks good and the quality was much more than we expected. I think this will last for quite a while. Happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This bed is rated highly by tons of people, and I can see why. The frame is solid, the construction was pretty simple for one person, and the bed seems very sturdy. There are a total of four under-bed support posts that run down the center line of the bed. This has proven to be very helpful for us, as our four-year-old loves to jump on his mattress and we have never worried whether the frame can take that kind of impact. Of note, the frame definitely has gaps of about an inch around the edge of the mattress (Naturepedic twin size) and that is why my rating lost one star. I wish the mattress fit a little more snugly into the frame. Overall, we are extremely happy with the purchase. We would and probably will buy it again in subsequent years for subsequent children.
This bed is very nice. My only complaint is that one of the screw holes seems to be stripped. I can't get the bolt to tighten in. And watch the instructions as some of the hole numbers they tell you to screw the feet into are wrong. Other than that it's a good buy
Easy assembly and good design along with sturdiness saves this platform bed frame from ZERO stars. However, the frame itself is too large for a standard twin mattress. It leaves more than a 2 inch gap around all sides of the mattress, making the wooden slats visible. I have checked and re-checked, and the mattress I purchased IS a standard size. Huge disappointment!
Super easy assembly (just pay attention to all the instructions - there's a reason for the steps!) and a great clean-line, modern look but super comfortable with the right mattress - don't skimp on that part, take the savings from the bed frame and invest in a good one and this bed is a great one!
We purchased two twin bed frames for a guest room. My husband put the beds together by himself and said it was an easy job but he couldn't follow the directions exactly because a couple of small pieces used to screw things together were missing. However, he said the beds are sturdy and should hold up well as is. Our guest room is small and these beds are absolutely the perfect solution for the room. We have regular twin mattresses on them (not memory foam). The wood frame looks expensive and the finished product is beautiful!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems excellent but no one has slept on the bed yet
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
This bed is much nicer and sturdier than I expected. Because of this, there's no creaks or squeaks, just quiet. It's fairly easy to put together, and I did it alone.My daughter has been using it for about a month now and I am very happy with it so far.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be very good so far
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very