First of all, it's not solid mahogany, it's laminated. I really have no problem with that, for the price, but there is clear intent to deceive the buyer here. in the description it is stated on one line that it is "solid wood" and then, in a new line further down they note "made from tropical mahogany" and thus they avoid the patently false statement "made of solid mahogany" while at the same time making the unwitting buyer believe they are buying solid mahogany. Nice trick. It's laminated - solid pine, most likely. There are two things a happy, married couple does while in bed. One of them is not sleep and while this happy married couple did this for the first time in this bed, the bed exploded. Now, i am a licensed construction contractor, and i have turned my share of screws and cut my share of wood and assembled my share of furniture, etc. I assembled it correctly. There are two things that conspired to make it collapse. One, the inadequate posts running down the middle are attached with one screw which affords zero lateral stability (but they are so skinny it is difficult to add more screws though it is possible and i recommend this). So when the bed got moving the little legs pulled the screws right out of the wood. Two, all the legs and posts have tiny little hard plastic knobs on the base - this is what the bed rests on. Put these on a nice hardwood floor (slippery floor) and every time we got in bed, the bed moved 4 inches across the floor. We had to train ourselves to approach the bed as if it were an angry animal, and gently get into bed lest the thing try to run away. ridiculous. I fabricated two 4x4 posts and covered the base with 3 mm rubber sheet affixed with epoxy and used these as the center line. then i cut small rubber sheets and glued to the base of the four corner legs. in addition, i did not like the fact that bed bowed a little (I weigh 210 lbs) so i added half inch plywood on top of the runners. the bed is now perfect but i didn't appreciate having to spend about 3 hours doing all these mods and for most people these mods would be more difficult than they were for me - i had all the wood, rubber, and tools to hand.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very poor and deceiving
Bed looks great, and was relatively easy for me to assemble on my own, without help from the wife. Unfortunately, the braces to the center support beam (runs down the middle underneath the bed) are all so loose, like the screws were stripped straight out of the package. I bought brackets from the hardware store to firm the legs up, but the wood is so soft that the screws just pulled right out. We have resorted to stacking books under the bed under the middle support, so the slats don't break. The bed still looks good, you'd never know there was a problem just seeing the bed set up. I guess this is what you get for a discount rate online... can't ship it back after all the hassle of putting the thing together! Just disappointing.
Bought the bed when it went on sale. For the money we paid, its good.It appears really good. We haven't slept on it yet since we are waiting for the mattress.Ordered kingsize bed, it doesn't look really sturdy as it appears in the picture. It comes with 12 horizontal slats and 1 center slat with 2 support legs.We went to lowes and bought 2 more center slats and support legs as we felt the slats were bending as soon as we sat on it.May be we should put a plywood sheet for extra support to the mattress and spreading out the weight on the bed.The horizontal slats need to be nailed but they aren't long enough to be nailed to both the edges of the bed. So we alternated between the sides.Took 2 people about 45 min to assemble.On the whole it's cheaper than most beds available in the platform bed category and simple and basic structure.
We bought this to "match" our existing Pottery Barn furniture in our master bedroom. We have had the furniture for ten years now. We felt like the stain on the bed was great and PB couldn't have done a better job matching the mahogany stain, ten years later. The bed was easy to put together as my hubby works with wood every day. There was a defect in one of the legs but he quickly fixed the situation. There was no thread to screw the leg into the frame. He used his own screws to fix the situation. All in all it was well worth the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is true to description and matches our mahogany stained Pottery Barn furniture really well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality but one support leg was missing the thread for the bolt and we had to use a wood screw (lucky my hubby is extremely handy)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? we were very pleased with the product
First bed we were sent was broken. The head and foot boards of the frame were both cracked. However customer service was great and sent a replacement to me very quickly! Love the simplicity of the bed and we added our own headboard and it's just what we wanted.
Fairly sturdy basic platform bed. Arrives in three long packages. Assembly is required (you need a Phillips screwdriver), but the instructions are easy to follow. Easy enough to do with one person, maybe two to save time. So far no creaks upon assembly and use.
Got the bed in 3 boxes on 2 different weeks. Easy to assemble we did add more screws on side slats just to add stability we did this on our other platorm bed so based on experience we did it on this too. this is for our guest bedroom so haven't slept on it but looks so beautiful. Love this bed love overstock they rock
Very happy with this bed. It looks great and despite reviews, it is much more sturdy than stated. Only one problem was with the detections. They did not appear to be in the correct order. Other than that for the price it's just awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
The whole ordering process was quick and easy, we used a live chat for any questions we had, and we received a product that was perfect for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors were the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame was easy to put together and is very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? We received the bed exactly how we imagined
Do not buy this bed, read all the reviews and believe them. Support pieces arrived with a small crack and then after assembling it, the crack grew and grew and grew. Doesn't make you confident to lay on it at any point. Don't waste your time having to send it back because you will have to send it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly Accurate
Had been looking for a simple but very nice platform bed to match my cherry furniture & also allow me to keep my current unique headboard. This bed has exceeded my expectations & am so glad I found it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
not very good but not as bad as the first 3 I bought ....need to go look at bed frams should not buy on line ...the support legs under the bed keep falling out ....do no buy...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not as bad as the first 3 I bought ...
This is an attractive and well-made platform bed and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a quality platform bed that has sleek lines, nice finish, and attractiveness.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfectly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very happy with the quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
We were looking everywhere for a low profile king bed frame without a headboard or footboard. I saw this bed and thought it looked perfect was was concerned that the quality may be poor or the color may be off. WE WERE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED. The pieces come packaged very well to protect all from damage. There was a lot to assemble - a 2 person job if you ask me - but not difficult at all. The bed is strong and the wood is sturdy. In fact, we ended up buying 2 of them! The are simple and classic and a great buy!!
This is the first platform bed I have ever slept on. I can honestly say my husband and I are very pleased. I was not around while the hubby assembled the bed . . . but I understand there was a lot of swearing. While the bed took some time and effort to assemble, it was definitely worthwhile. In fact, we are thinking of getting another one in a different size.