This bed is a beautiful option for someone who wants a clean, elegant look. It matched our 40-year-old mahogany dressers perfectly and was fairly easy to assemble. As other buyers have reported, you will need to get some extra screws as the manufacturer does not provide enough, so be prepared. We considered that a minor problem, and are enjoying our new bed, which is exactly as pictured!
This bed is the exact same bed that a local high-end furniture store carries. But for half the price. The cordovan matched our cherry dressers perfectly. Beautiful wood. The slats need to be closer together for a latex mattress, they are 4 inches apart, they should be at least 3". We simply added several 1x3 and now it's very sturdy. The center support is fine, I was worried about that. Took about 45 minutes to put together, not hard at all. As other reviewers stated, for some reason, they only give you enough screws for about half the slats and the pre-drilled holes don't line up at all. But, since we added slats we had to drill new holes anyway, no big deal really. All in all, it's very sturdy and has totally changed the look of our room.
I read other reviews about this bed but decided to order anyway. I trusted in the fact that it was hardwood. It shipped relatively fast and after set up it looks simply perfect with our bedroom furniture. I put it together by myself in about 40 minutes. It did have a few missing screws for the rail supports but no big deal. I would highly recommend this bed it works great with the Serta Memory Foam mattress we purchased at Overstock also. All in all great deal!
It is a nice bed but the instructions for assembly were a little confusing the holes didn't match up and one on the screws were stripped. The bed is beautiful but the mattress delivery man scratched it with the box spring.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We love this bed! It was just what we were looking for without a headboard so that we have creative range to choose a head board and not get stuck with some cookie cutter bedroom :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was just a little lighter than the image but we still love it!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality...there were some issues assembling it with the predrilled holes matching up but we made it work, no big deal!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
I purchased this bed in twin size for a guest room and loved it so much that I decided to purchase the king size for another guest room. It arrived quickly, was easy to put together and works perfectly with the foam mattress that I also purchased at Overstock.com. The bed is a perfect height without a boxspring. It was about half the price of the beds on West Elm (I have a king size WE bed in my bedroom) and has similar styling. Great purchase. I give it a 4 only because there are no color choices. It would be nice to have a few options.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
We have been sleeping on this bed for about a week now and we really like it. My back pain has decreased and the bed is nice and firm. As other reviewers mentioned, it is best to add additional slats and the bed hardware does not include enough screws for the slats (only 2 screws for 2 slats). We supplemented the 12 included slats with an old Ikea bed base and bought some more wood screws to secure the slats. The bed was easy to put together and you only need two people because it is so large - it is otherwise very simple. I was happy to see that the center brace comes with 4 legs, each with adjustable foot caps, which is useful if you have uneven floors. The only issue I have with the bed is that the corners protrude out a lot and there is a gap where the rounded corner of the mattress doesn't quite fill out the square bedframe. Also, the wood is definitely not the best quality, but it appears to get the job done. We have not had any isses with creaking or pulling apart yet.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? item is much more RED than tha photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality is medium, very good for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? mostly accurate