The bed was very easy to put together by myself. 6'1 adult male. The finish was evenly applied. The bed is very sturdy. The only negative is one scar, caused by shipping, on the bed. Thankfully it was on the side facing the wall. Pointers include: Use gloves when handling the slats. They are covered with some nasty black coating. You may want to get more wood screws for the slats however it is not necessary because they are connected via ribbon tape. The center support beam feet are easily stripped out if not careful during installation. If using a memory foam mattress with the bed you will have to use plywood because the slats are not sufficiently supportive.
Bed frame came with 1/2 of the screws needed for the slats. Tells you to put screws in every other slat, not very sturdy, had to get extra screws. About 20 minutes to put together. Cheap bed, get what you pay for. Looks cool in a teen boys room. Can fit storage boxes underneath! Overall an OK buy for the money.
It was fairly easy to put together, but it seems flimsy and weak.We have had it for about 2 weeks and my husband sat on the bottom of the bed last night, not even that hard. The bottom slat broke! He only weighs 175 lbs. Sooo we will see. its pretty enough, and like I said, good for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very red
This fell apart after less than 10 months. It was poorly made and it is now been burned in our fire pit. Don't bother to purchase it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
The quality of the bed is good. After reading the reviews, I was concerned about the slats but I think they are sturdy enough. What I don't like is that their is a good 2 inches of space from the bed and the frame. I was hoping that the bed would snug right up to the frame like it looks in the picture, but it doesn't. This means, when the bed is pushed up to the wall, their is another 4 inches of open space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The picture is not accurate
The slats for the bed were warped and of horrible quality. The bed frame itself looks nice and the visible wood is of visually decent quality. One of the middle supports for the bed arrived broken- had to duct tape it in order to make it useful. If you want something that is going to last longer than a year, I would suggest buying something else.
Looked good upon arrival, but after 4 months of us, 2 of the slats that form the base have broken, and the sideboard became detached from the leg. The bed essentially fell apart, within a few months. It looks good but is incredibly flimsy and cheap.
Great sturdy bed. No squeaking unless you really work it. Some hole were misaligned but an electric drill took care of it. I am very handy and really took my time, still only took 40 mins. The middle support legs that everyone says are too short... they did not read the instructions properly. The feet unscrew to help make up for non-level floors. As for the extra space between the mattress and the frame... there is room for adjustment in the width that you can close that gap. It is a great buy and we love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Seems right!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? To a tee.
The bed is in general good, especially the quality; but among the many pre-drilled holes on the bed frames and the board panels, a few may not align well which can take extra effort during the assembling process. The instructions are clear; it is easy for one person to handle the assembly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
easy to put together- albeit holes were not matching and there were screws missing- no problem if one is used to putting firniture together and has a drill and extra hardware. i was looking for a simple double sized bed for guest room, to give it a bit more... ahem... class. the middle support fell off (not a big deal, doesnt seem to need it anyway), and the bed wasnt as high as i was expecting - i was expecting a platform bed- which i thought meant it would be higher than 3 inches off the ground and was one of the main drives behind getting a new bed frame. however i have grown accustomed to it. also the bed is wider than the mattress. which could be a good thing or an annoying thing depending on your situation. all in all im happy with it! the price was right.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was exactly the same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. honestly i dont think its great. a step above particleboard ikea furniture. but i it looks great, and hasnt broken yet. i gave it 4 stars for its functionality, looks and price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
I like this bed. It's solid (for the price-something comparable from Ikea would likely be crap). Things I like: -arrived in about 3 days -pretty sturdy -looks good (just like the photo) -Pretty simple to assemble. Did not like: -a couple small dings, likely from shipping. Not a huge deal -3 screws were missing -one of the center legs had stripped hardware. -like a lot of other reviewers stated, screws were misaligned. Nothing a drill can't fix. Overall, a good deal for the price. BETTER than an Ikea Malm/slatted foundation bed. Just some funky things here and there
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? pretty close-a bit richer than pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. meh
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 90% accurate
I ordered this for my granddaughter so my son put it together and he said it was tough, despite his engineering abililties, which are ample! We were fitting it into a small space so were happy it was actually an inch or so less wide than the product description stated. For once, less was better! Since it is all covered by her bedspread, looks don't really matter and she is happy with it. Grandma in Blooming Grove, NY
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
bed is okay for the price, not the highest quality and the frame is a little too big for a full size bed but I wasn't expecting much with the price. The frame wood is nice and it's not hard to put together - not too many pieces.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? okay
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
They do only include half the ammount of screws you should use. Not sure why it states only screw in every other one but it makes for a more sturdy bed if you screw them all in. It does what its supposed to and any one that is handy will have screws anyways so it wasnt a big deal. Arrived fast as usual with overstock thats why I give it an Average rating
The bed is classy looking, just like the picture shows. But as these other reviews point out, A) the hardware they provide is junky, not easy to use and will strip easily, and... B) they do not provide you with enough screws to fill all the holes on the support planks! Otherwise, I had little to no trouble assembling this but I highly recommend a powered screwdriver. And be careful when lining up holes. Looks great. I've had no support problems at all.
I was very disappointed in finding this was slat only. And the slats are not even solid pieces. Some had chunks out of them and just do not appear too sturdy. I am going to try to get a piece of plywood to lay over them. Also, they don't even give u enough screws to screw down the slats. they give u every other board(if ur lucky), so i went and bought more screws to at least have screws in all slats on both sides to sturdy it some for now. Really not too happy.
The materials for the bed seem fine. The support for the middle segment was difficult to figure out. They should have put an overall picture. One of the stud or threads for the middle segment came out. Since the product is from Indonesia, kinda difficult to expect quality control. There should be an overall picture and more written instruction for people who are not handy like me. After assembly the bed seem sturdy. Hopefully it holds together If not for the instruction, I would have given it four stars It is a pretty simple bed. so far so good.