Combined, we weigh under 400 lb, and the mattress weighs 94 lb. This bed is supposed to support 800 lb in California King. It has now broken four times (center support legs/center plank three times, one of the cheap particleboard sides once). Overstock kindly shipped us replacement center support legs, which broke again. Don't buy this nightmare bed unless you like constantly removing your mattress and repairing it. Returning for a refund, thanks to Overstock for shipping us replacement parts and showing leniency on the refund because we are past the return date.
We ordered this bed after an intensive search for a simple design in a platform bed. Within two days the bed arrived via UPS! Must admit this bed frame was such a great price that we did worry about quality. You know-"You get what you pay for". What a pleasant surprise! As we unpacked the parts we knew we had a solid product. As we assembled the frame all predrilled holes aligned perfectly. Extra screws, bolts, etc were also included along with the necessary Allen Wrench. The number of cross slats is abundant and there are 4 center legs attached to a slat running the length of the frame so that Cal King mattress is ready supported. The finish on the bed is attractive. It looks great and we couldn't be happier. You can't go wrong with this platform bed.
I like my cal king bed it has 4 support legs. 3 of the support legs loosened and one completely broke off from moving the bed. Either there should have been more detailed instructions on how to more the bed or better center support should have been created.
I was well pleased with the quality of this bed frame. I just wanted a simple frame without the frills but it needed to be sturdy. The frame was received quickly in three well packaged boxes. All the pieces were there and extra pieces of hardware were also included. Other reviews indicated problems with putting the frame together but fortunately I didn't experience this. It took me about an hour and a half to put it together and I only needed a few minutes of my wife's help with aligning the pieces. The frame is very sturdy but I recommend getting some extra screws to tighten down all of the slats instead of just the 5 or so indicated in the directions. Before I had this frame we had a metal frame that we bought with the mattress and box spring. With the metal frame, we noticed a lump about 1/2 to 1" high in the middle of the bed (the long side) from the time we started using it. Now with this wood frame, the lump is gone.
There are a lot of things that I'd like to say about this platform bed. First of all, we were looking for an affordable platform bed and we got it. With that being said, it does what it is supposed to do and I'm happy because I stayed within my budget. There are a few things that I wish I knew before I purchased this bed: 1. The mattress sits about 2 inches lower than the top of the platform. I can't complain it's low because I was working with a budget but it's actually kind of hard to lift our california king memory foam mattress out of the platform in order to tuck the sheets in. The mattress fits snugly into the platform. 2. Not all of the support beams screw into the frame. I don't think it's that big of a deal but psychologically it makes me think that it will fall apart. 3. If there is a problem with one of the pieces, overstock will have you ship it back to them, not just send a replacement. When we opened the boxes, two of the pieces had a huge gash in them. Keep your boxes handy. We tossed ours outside and had a surprise rainstorm so we would need to find a very large box to send the pieces back in. We decided it isn't worth it because our quilt will cover it and we plan on having the bed short-term. It just stinks to pay for something that is damaged.
We bought the California King size. Overall we are very happy with the purchase and would recommend this frame. One thing to note is the frame holds it away from the wall about an inch and a half, we ended up putting a blanket in to fill the gap. Another thing was the feet slid on the hardwood floors so we had to get pads to put under the legs. We also bought 3/8 inch plywood to give the bottom a solid surface for our air bed, that wouldn't be necessary with a traditional mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built and easy to assemble
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good.
This bed is everything the other reviewers said it was. It's a tremendous value and basically impossible to get real wood at this price point. Set up was a breeze if you take your time. The bad: In my opinion they should not call this a platform bed with the slat system it uses. I would never put a mattress directly on the slats as they come as they would never provide enough or correct support. I immediately went to the hardware store and bought plywood to cover the entire slat base. I also used extra wood screws to screw in every single slat. Extra $ spent = $$ and worth every penny. I would definitely recommend this bed but I would also recommend doing exactly what I did.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was excellent at the price point
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I was pleasantly surprised with this purchase. I was looking for a quick fix and this frame fit the bill. 3 Boxes arrived 2 days after ordered! A friend and I were able to assemble the bed in about 30-45 minutes without the assistance of a power drill. There was a little damage to the frame upon arrival but definitely not worth sending it back for. I love the height and it looks great. Overall I feel really good about this purchase and would recommend it to anyone.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great for the Price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
It is a little tricky to put together, but is a very sturdy frame that does its job well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Essentially what I was expecting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, doesn't shake at all
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
Only took me about 30 minutes to get it together. Nice and solid. Does not squeak either. I am very happy with the quality for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
I have never made a purchase online here but will be a future customer for the quick dilivery. Really happy with the bed frame color,ease of building and the wood is just great.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality wood
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I bought this to temporize a situation for a few months. the frame arrived exactly when it was scheduled. Putting it together was a bit frustrating because the pilot holes for the screws to secure the slats did not line up with the holes in the slates. Once together however, it is solid and will serve its purpose.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? was exactly the color I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Pretty easy to put together. One hole needed to be re-drilled but my husband is handy with the drill. The bed is simple, plenty sturdy and unobtrusive which is what we were looking for. Perfect for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid wood.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
We are really enjoying this platform bed. It looks great (clean, simple, to our taste) and appears to be of very good (excellent) quality. Assembly was pretty straightforward. (It had to be -- my husband is "mechanically challenged".) The frame was easy to put together, and the slats were the only thing that required "adjustment" -- he had to use a drill to angle the pre-drilled holes in a couple of the slats. At first it looked like all the pre-drilled holes were off a little bit, but all except 2 or 3 were just fine. When you are fastening the slats down, don't be too eager to drill as it likely will not be necessary. The height of the bed is perfect for us, but if we ever want it higher we can always get a box spring.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes, pretty darn close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, very nice appearance, easy to assemble with good instructions
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Quite accurate