I am so happy with this console. The color is a lovely espresso, and the styling is the contemporary look that I wanted. There is a lot of room in two side cabinets, and I was happily surprised to find that the two deep drawers can serve as adjustable file cabinets. My friend, who put the console together, said that the directions were clear and easy to understand. It was also packed incredibly well. Great product!
We received this piece a week ago. The unit was well packed and arrived without a scratch. Took us about 4 hours to put together. All hardware and screws were packed separately and labeled. Extra were provided. The quality was exceptional and just as pictured. The drawers glide well and are substantial in storage area. File holders are also included. The glass doors fit well and the matching handles are very modern in styling. We are using it as a credenza. It will become our favorite piece of furniture.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? yes
- How is the quality of the product? excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes
I never take the time to write reviews, but I am so happy with this piece I just thought I should. I bought this to use as a TV stand for our 54"plasma tv, and it looks awesome. The piece took about a week to arrive in 3 boxes, packed very well. The boxes were a little tattered looking, but everything inside was fine. I (female) assembled this almost all by myself, except for when I had to turn it upright and move it into position-very heavy. I have assembled furniture before and the directions were good, but as other reviews said, it takes a long time to assemble. They gave extra hardware, except did not give me quite enough cams, but I did without two in the middle sections of one drawer, and I think it will be okay. I had to drill a hole in the back in order to get TV/component wires through, but I expected to do this since it is really a sideboard. This piece is real wood, beautiful dark brown finish and I love the modern look. What I got for the money is fantastic and the piece does look just as it is pictured. I priced lots of other pieces similar in size and design and this was cheaper and better looking than any other I found! It is my favorite piece of furniture in my house!! I would highly recommend this.
For this price range, I was hoping for a little bit more quality in the composite wood such as the the thickness of the middle two panels that hold the drawers (2) in place. To me, these panels are a little bit thin and it does not hold/bold well to the top and bottom as the way the designed right now. Next thing is there is information regarding how much weight can this cabinet can hold. It's a cabinet/TV stand and it's a big one. it's 83" long. So to me, it makes sense to let people know how much they can put on top and inside of this cabinet w/o bend or even break it. Next is the legs design, only 5 legs which are quite small while the whole thing is designed to be a big and long cabinet. The middle leg does not help much since this thing is long. And the bottom metal frame is not big/thick enough. I'd add 4 more legs in addition to the existing 5 and make them an inch large. I'd NOT recommend it if any one plan to put a TV that is heavier than 150 pounds on top, plus more electronics inside. You'd need to modify like I suggested above and few more things which you will see when you put this thing together by yourself. I agreed w/ everyone here that this thing takes a long time to put together and you need power drill. Last, I'd thought it'd be a hot selling item if this were already put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matching
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. On average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Need more details such as how thick is the top & bottom panels and how thick is the middle two panels where the 2 drawers are and most important is how much weight can this TV stand handle
This piece is beautiful, heavy, and just plain gorgeous!!! It took my husband 5-6 hours to put together. He said it was easy, but time consuming. This is a dark brown finish, that I love. The metal frame does look white, but I think it makes the dark brown pop. LOVE IT!!
I had been looking for a transitional unit to use as a tv stand and this worked great. The wood finishes are what I expected from a rubber wood--they are soft, but look good. Putting it together wasn't really difficult but does take some time due to the size of the unit. It did take a few tries to hang the doors so they were square--the pre-drilled holes weren't exactly square.
I bought two of these to use in the living room as an entertainment center. They have added LOTS of storage a and look great. I added L.E.D light strips in the cabinets and changed out the wooden shelves for glass ones which allow the light to fill the cabinets..
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid wood and sturdy
First, let me say that the finished product looks beautiful. The stain is stunning. There are three main pieces of wood which appear thick and sturdy. But... 1. The unit comes in pieces and it needs to be assembled. I assembled it with a friend, and it took HOURS. While the instruction manual is broken down in 8 steps, each step has multiple parts. If you are not handy, do not order this unit. 2. The smaller pieces are cheap venear stuff. Essentially they give you stained cardboard. Again, the main wood panels are good material, but not the back side and not the cabinets. Again, if you willing to work on the assembly and don't mind that some of the minor parts are cheap wood, the product is absolutely beautiful
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok
Really like this piece. It's contemporary and urban, but still has some warmth. We're using it more as a TV stand in a high-rise Las Vegas condo. Was going for a modern look, wanted some large, but not too heavy looking. This really does the trick and I would recommend. Putting it together takes a while. We were sore the next day. Lots of screws, etc. It's about 3 hour project. Really nice that the company provides extra screws, bolts, etc. in case you lose one. My only disappointment is that the base legs are not stainless steel or stainless steel like to match the nice stainless steel pulls. The base is more of a light grey color. I think it's a really nice piece of furniture, particularly for the price. A similar product at a Pottery Barn-like store would cost significantly more.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was what I expected except for the base legs. I was expecting them to look like stainless steel, matching the nice stainless steel pulls, but it's actually a very light grey. Against the carpet the base almost looks white. Still very nice nonetheless.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very pleased with the quality. It's a sturdy and heavy piece of furniture. One of the doors was a little off square, which made aligning a bit more difficult, but overall quality was terrific.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
This piece is VERY nice for the price. Heavy, well made. Took a few hours to put together.. then once together husband turns it up right.. and my happiness turned to sadness. it was too high for a 55' plasma. and a sleek couch. Looking up is not the ideal for tv watching. So probably will sell and buy another lower unit on overstock. Otherwise if you have a higher couch or don't desire the lower modern look - this piece is super. But i wanted to hang my tv above Would work for a buffet also
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? I guess accurate - but the bottom legs seemed to not be included in overall height
I purchased this cabinet because it was one of the only ones that I could find that was 83' long. It assembled easily, it looks nice, and was reasonably priced. It's nice and heavy, and was well represented on the product description.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We were looking for a wide entertainment center but had a hard time finding anything more than 60" wide until we found this. Like everyone else, it took several pain staking hours to put together, but the end product came out nice. I do think the standard hardware and base look very cheap but those can be fixed by ordering new handles and spraying the base with a glossy black paint. Shipping was also very fast (less than a week!). All in all, I am very happy with this piece of furniture!!!
I have this piece as my TV console and it is beautiful! It matches the description and pictures on the site perfectly. However, it took my husband 5 hours to put together! It is sturdy and well made, but the wood on top does scratch easily.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
the console comes in three large and heavy boxes. we cut wholes in back and using as an entertainment console. the color online is very accurate and only one small nick in the wood. on the negative side it comes in a million pieces and took forever to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? chestnut brown with streaks of black
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
4 1/2 stars. This is a very stylish TV console. Very sleek with nice lines. The quality is solid, although the wood is easily dented, so you have to be a little careful. Took a long time to put together but it was worth the effort. The only con is that if you are putting electronic components inside, there are no vents inside. We had to drill an opening for the wiring and another small opening for a ventilation fan.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good, solid piece of furniture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate