I will admit the sofa was very nice looking and easy to put together. It was also the most uncomfortable piece of ^&&$ I ever sat on. Its been a year now and its going to the trash heap soon though it still looks nice from a distance. Close up you can see where the fabric has all stretched and wrinkled up. And you can feel the coil springs when you sit on it.
If you are looking for an everyday sofa, that is comfortable, than this is not the sofa for you. This sofa is really firm, its not easy to lounge in, and I found it more comfortable to sit on the floor. I sent this back as soon as I received it. However, if you are looking for something to simply look nice, and not be functional, than this piece may work for you.
This sofa is really really nice and looks much more expensive. Beware a few things - read the other reviews and note that you must lift off the black fabric from the bottom of the back, it is velcroed on and you need to lift it up to be able to assemble this. You won't figure this out on your own!! The assembly's fairly straightforward except for this, though the instruction sheet is horrid. You have to really study it to understand where the bolts and screws go. The color is slightly darker, and more yellowed, than the picture. It's a light olive-moss color. The cushions are only upholstered on one side so you can't flip them over if they should get stained. I would have rather paid an extra $10 or $20, this is really chintzy. It's also rather stiff to sit on. The seat height is a little too high for me. The arms are also quie low - good to use as an armchair, to rest your arm, but way too low to support your back if you want to sit sideways with your legs stretched out. All that said, this is a lovely, much more expensive looking piece, and smaller scaled so it's perfect for small rooms.
This couch is pretty to llok at, but forget about taking a nap pr being in anyway comfortable. From the hard sofa arms to the uncomfortable cushions. This is not a purchase I would suggest. If it wouldn't have been such a hassle to mail back (not overstock), taking it to the post office or UPS etc. I would have most definitely sent this couch back...
The couch showed up on time and in two manageable boxes. With two people it took less than an hour to put together. Once it was done I don't feel it looks like a 'do-it-yourself' project couch whatsoever. I've received a number of compliments on how nice it looks. Also, I have a long haired dog and have had no issues with dog hair showing which is a miracle by itself. There have been a couple of spills so far that clean right up as well. It also helps that it has a good amount of clearance underneath for vacuuming or sweeping, depending on your floor type. It's been easy to move on hardwood floors too, but stays still when you sit or get back up. My only drawback, that another reviewer noted too, was the comfort level of the cushions. Like many new couches, it is a bit stiff. I've been happy enough so far that I am willing to give it some time to get broken in and hopefully a little more soft to sit on over time. Overall, good buy for look and function.
The sofa looks nice, but it's not comfortable at all, and very poor quanlity, one thing that bothered me the most even worse than the stiffness is the sofa seat frame is smaller that the seat cusion, this made me realized the sofa is really cheap, its almost one month since we got the sofa, it still very stiff but we kinda get used to it. If u have a bigger budget, buy a sofa in a real store where u can actually see it and try it out. Internet shopping sofa is a very bad idea.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The real sofa is more green, which is more pretty
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is fine
The actual color is much greener than it looks on the site. It's a beautiful light green. I have a small LR so the shorter length is great for my space. I have discovered the bottom of the frame doesn't seem to be very strong. This isn't the couch you can plop down on, unfortunately. Very comfortable and beautiful.
I needed an new, smaller sofa that would go well in my 1951 house and mid-century decor, and this fit the bill, at a MUCH lower cost than anything else I had looked at. It's comfortable, and the 3 cats love it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little lighter than the actual sofa
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is good, but the assembly "instructions" were just about useless! If my husband weren't so skilled, it would still be unassembled!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good enough.
This is a lovely sofa for a small type living room, which I have. It's the perfect scale. Easy to assemble, just follow the steps in the directions. On the bottom of the back piece there is a black velcro'd flap which the directions do not tell you about and inside are the holes for the arm installation. It is a little stiff but I don't think it's uncomfortable. I ordered on a Tuesday and was delivered on Thursday! This is the second piece of furniture I've ordered from Overstock and very happy with both pieces!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just a tad darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This product seems to be pretty good quality. I've only had it a week so time will tell.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I bought this sofa to stage our house and then keep for our new house. It is perfect! The frame is plywood so perhaps won't last forever but it is very comfortable and looks great. It took two people about half an hour to put it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very comfortable, not terrible rugged but new so I'm not sure how durable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This iwll be one of two reviews. The cushions and frame arrived today and I was plesantly surprised that the sofa is actually more of a moss green than the photo. So if you are looking for something lighter in color then this is not for you. I like the firmness and the size is just right for my small space. I can't wait for the rest to arrive tomorrow and assemble it
I have a small living room that I was trying to achieve a cozy cafe feel, well this sofa was perfect! Its not too small, not too big and very comfortable. So easy to put together as well, it was complete in under 10 minutes with a power drill. Very good quality, the wood and the feet are solid and heavy (this is no mickey mouse furniture!) and the sage green adds the perfect pop of color to what was once a dull room. This piece really adds an expensive statement to the house and blends great with hardwood floors and dark leathers.
This is truely an uptown sofa. This style is the style I love. I have fallen asleep on it many times, my children lounge on it watching tV and it goes well with other items I have recieved from overstock. I read other reviews about having issues "plopping" down on the sofa. Well if that is what one is looking for then "uptown" might not be the best fit. Otherwise this was a verygood buy.
We read all the reviews (positive and negative) before making our purchase. This sofa was our second choice, as the color and style we wanted from our first choice was out of stock. We are really happy. It's a comfortable couch and fairly easy to put together once you decipher the picture instructions. (Two people will make it easier, that's for sure). We've entertained and napped on the couch - no problems.
Contemporary sofa for a sitting area......looks great and I like the look.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. sturdy and easy to put together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The sofa was a good deal especially for the area we placed it in. The area lends itself to moderate use. There are many pieces to assemble for a sofa but the instructions were very clear and simple.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color on line was accurate with the product
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality of product was what I expected for the price. It is of average quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? site description was accurate
It's a beautiful couch. Is it the most comfortable in the world? No. But, you should know based on the style that it's not made like an overstuffed lazyboy. My only main complaint was that it arrived so late. Overstock took forever (almost two weeks) to get it to me.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. For the price, the quality is great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Instrstructions very not very clear, did not mention how to put screws into the sofa.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is very nice, actual color I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sofa is very sturdy and comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very acurate.