Overall pleased with the purchase. Like the look, color, size, & structure of the piece. The things you cannot tell from the description are that the cusions are not finished on the bottom so there is no opportunity to flip them if they get stained. The bottom cushions also slide out badly, we put that rubber no-skid stuff underneath that helped a bit, but they still slide out. The sofa is very firm and nearly bouncy. I would recommend it more for a sitting room than a family room, even though i really like a firm couch. You will need to buy bolsters or other throw pillows to put against the arms as they are very hard too. With two toddlers anything we bought would need to be replaced within 5 years anyway b/c they're going to get messed up which is why we bought these, and I think they'll do fine!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Darker, but was expected as noted on other reviews
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
First of all this sofa is actually much darker then it looks in the picture. When it arrived I realized I didn't really know what color peat is, so I expected the couch to look like it did in the picture. It is more of a dusty brown, not chocolate but definitely more brown then tan. That being said I'm very pleased with the sofa for its price. My boyfriend didn't seem to have any trouble assembling it, although he is handy. It took him about 30-40 mins I would say. The sofa seems very sturdy so far and the three cushions are firm. Definitely not the most comfortable, but comfortable enough that I have spent Saturdays laying out on the sofa lounging. The sofa cushions arent attached to the couch so sometimes they will slide out of place. I don't know how well it will work with kids, because under the cushions there is a thin material covering the wood base and like I said the cushions will move. Overall I believe this is a good buy for a start out sofa or just an inexpensive sofa.
Also bought the loveseat. Very easy to put together. I did it myself, did not need another pair of hands. Read my review under loveseat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color is actually caramel. if you want beige, not the couch for you. I bought it after reading the reviews and finding out it was caramel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality for the price!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate.
Great couch. I put it together with one friend. Was worried about the back not having cushions but it is very comfortable. Put it together with one friend and was quite simple. Remember to remove the velcro with screwing on the arms. Great and well made couch and worth the money. Wish the love seat was still in stock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A lot darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Sofa arrived in three packages and was easily assembled in approximately 30 minutes. Construction of components appears solid and well-made.Microfiber has a plush feel to it when brushed.Style works well with a variety of decors.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? While the color was darker than pictured, the rich taupe hue made the microfiber seem more luxurious.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As mentioned in previous reviews, the cushions were somewhat stiff, but the proportions of the couch made it comfortable to sit in overall.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Site description was accurate.
We love our sofa. Very attractive. Very firm cushions. Narrow arms means it takes up less space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker. But nice.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very firm.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on.
The shipping and arrival was much faster than I anticipated. The assembly took 45 min with the help of a friend and overall its a good couch for the price. It has been about 6 weeks and I can honestly say that the cushions do slide but I read an earlier review stating this. I purchased some velcrow and applied it to the bottom of each cushion and the wooden slat the cushion sits on and that has done the trick.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I recently moved into an apartment and am not sure how long I will be here thus - I didn't want to invest a lot of money in furniture. I went cheap and it remains to be seen if I will regret it. The appearance of the couch ( and matching love seat) is great - very cute, great dark beige color and I even like the material. But these are the hardest sofa's I have ever sat on. I had friends over the other night and noticed that after awhile some of them optioned to sit on the floor instead of the couches! Argh! I bought a bunch of very soft pillows to make the couches look less like waiting room couches and more comfortable - we will see if they soften up over time.
Very pleased with this sofa. Firm and good quality fabric that's washable ( a plus). The only warning I would give is that it comes without any assembly instructions; the parts are all there, just be prepared to spend some time figuring out how to put it together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good, especially for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I saw that others mentioned that it was darker than the picture, but I wasn't expecting it to be that much darker. If you look at the Uptown Mocha version I think that is pretty close to the actual color of the couch. Overall though it's a nice sofa. Easy to put together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color of couch looks more like the color in the picture of the mocha sofa
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. firm, but comfortable
I have had a two-seat version of this same sofa for three years and it is impecable. I just bought this three-seat and I am very satisfied. As other reviews describe, the color is definitively darker.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Very Good
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? No
I really l.ike tthe couch, it is firm, and comfortable. Nice color, and was delivered promptly. The only thing is it is a little small. If a single person is laying on it, it's perfect. But if 2 people want to lay on it, it's impossible...i think I will be buying an automan.... but overall its a really nice couch.
I recently bought this sofa in grey. After reading the reviews I had a good sense of what to expect when this sofa arrived. I find that most of the reviews are accurate. First off, if you are looking for a "main" sofa for your living room or entertainment room where it will experience constant use, hit the back button on your browser and keep looking. You will be disappointed with the build quality and comfort. If you are like me and want something that looks good and will be used only on occasion but don't want to spend top dollar, this is the one for you. I bought this because I have a sitting area in my bedroom. I was looking for a high end looking sofa but didn't want to spend the money since we really don't sit there often. Keep this in mind before buying: 1. It ships in three separate boxes and you have to put this together. 2. Like all assembly required furniture, something is not going to screw in right 3. The fabric is decent quality 4. The grey linen is a tad bit darker than on the screen but not enough to cause concern. I ordered this sofa with the Q Inspire King bed in the same grey linen and they are a tad different in color but again it's not that noticeable. 5. Cushions are very firm. Hopefully they will break in. 6. BE CAREFUL OPENING THE BOXES WITH A SHARP OBJECT (I.E. BOX CUTTER, KNIFE). You might cut into the actual sofa
I love this couch. It arrived in 3 boxes, put together in less than an hour. The cushions are firm and springy, Had it for a few weeks now and the cushions have not squished down at all. Looks very nice in the living room. The color is darker but many people had said that so I was prepared for it upon arrival....no problem at all.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? darker than the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After searching for days for a sofa and love seat set for my apartment, I decided to go with the Uptown Collection Peat Sofa and the complimentary loveseat and they are just fantastic. The reviews of these pieces are also very accurate so I was not surprised with what I ended up with. As other reviews have stated the color is darker but not dark. It's a much richer color than depicted and is still definitely in the "beige/light brown" family. Assembly wasn't difficult after my room mate and I deciphered the directions (they are more like Ikea directions - pictures only; and I would venture to guess for some the pictures may be hard to understand). It took a little over an hour to put together the first, but the second went faster when we got the hang of it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? much darker, more like a caramel
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
With the purchase of this sofa, my living room is complete. It is a beautiful taupe color and fits with the blue and brown leaf chairs I also purchased from Overstock. The size is perfect for a smaller room and was a very easy to assemble. BUY !!
The grey linen couch looks better than pictured! The quality of the fabric is definitely worth the price. I have been searching and scoping out different local shops as well as online stores--by far, overstock wins by a land slide. I was a bit weary of the reviews that said it was hard to assemble, however, I was able to figure out quickly how to put everything together (could be partly due to the extensive amount of ikea furnitures I have purchased in the back). The directions were all just pictures. All in all, I would absolutely recommend this couch to friends and family members. A good buy!
We bought this to replace our oversized sofa in our living room and it looks great. The color is like other reviews have said. I'm glad I trusted their description of a little darker. It looks better. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 5 star is are the arm rests. The padding on top seems to be the same as the side which allows you to feel the wood below when you rest your arm on it. Otherwise, I enjoy the look, the style, the comfort, and the price.
Buying things online always makes one skeptical but I took a chance anyway considering this couch looks so chic in photos and I was in desperate need of living room furniture. Best decision ever!! It was easy to put together and that's saying a lot considering I'm the worst at assembling everything lol. It's firm but still very comfortable, it looks fabulous in my living space, it gives the room a look of modern elegance, and the price was perfect. Love this couch and you will too.
I actually hate this couch and wish I returned it before I threw away the box, but I was so eager to just have a couch to sit on in my new apartment, and returning a couch is just a ridiculous hassle. In an effort to save money I went with this sofa, and I expected it to look sort of cheap - but it looks and feels REALLY cheap - and I hate sitting on it because the cushions slip off the every time, very annoying. Its like there isn't enough space for the cushions to lay nicely. I decided I need to go purchase giant velcro strips to put under the cushions so they stay in place. I can live with this couch, it isn't that uncomfortable - but if I were you I would take your money to """ or wait for something you really like to go on sale before purchasing this one. The instructions to put it together are also really cryptic and annoying.