Once this light is up you'll forget about the process of assembling/ installing it! It's absolutely stunning, and photos here don't do it enough justice! We read the reviews carefully before purchasing, and they were right- there are a few fiddly things you need to do to make the chandelier installation go smoothly. Here are my tips: -I discovered a way to deal with the black electric cord: silver model paint. Get a little brush and vial of Testor or other model paint at your local craft store. A LOT easier and cheaper than replacing it yourself or paying someone else to! Wait until AFTER installation and the cord is woven through the chain. Since the cord is bendable, the paint will flake off if you move it around. Carefully paint the exposed black areas. Voila! -The mounting cup is smaller than most US light electrical boxes. No biggie. Get a ceiling light medallion at your local big box home store. Painters caulk will stick the medallion to the ceiling nicely. I did this myself and completed the installation (after getting the above items) in less than 2 hours. The most time consuming part was attaching all the glass crystals and beads- but even that was kinda fun. You won't regret any of these detours above once you are looking at this amazing chandelier! Good luck.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Drum shade is whiter than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is an absolutely beautiful chandelier...BUT....if you purchase this, BEWARE!! I got the chandelier assembled at 11pm before my electrician came at 8am the next day. All the packaging was great and protected the crystals perfectly. Everything looked great prior to install. However, when my electician arrived, he could not install the chandelier. The problems are as follows: 1. The cord for hanging the chandelier is black, not silver, making it UGLY, so it needs to be REWIRED! 2. The chain and cord are way shorter than advertised. 3. The chain is fairly flimsy. 4. MOST IMPORTANTLY, this chandelier is "European" electrically, meaning that the canopy for the light box needs to be Americanized so it can even be hung at all. It has NO brackets to secure it to the ceiling. So, now I have to get the chandelier rewired at a lighting store with 25 foot silver lamp cord instead of the black, buy a new, sturdy longer chain, and get an American canopy and bracket set so the chandelier can be hung and installed. WHAT A PAIN!!!! I have no idea how much MORE this will cost me. Please be advised that this chandelier is high maintenance!!
Nice product BUT before you hire your electrician PLEASE get the shopping list done...it does NOT fit American standard electrical boxes. I hired an electrician to install and he had to run up to HOME DEPOT for the fitting around the electrical opening and the actual brackets to hang the fixture. It is beautiful but buyer beware! This simple job cost me as much as the chandelier to have installed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice but needed extra parts and no manual was included
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate description
The fixture should come with a warning that it has a european mount kit - not an american mount kit - so if you're excited to install right away - you'll either need to go out and buy a US mount kit or steal one from the old fixture (which is what we did). Also - the wire is black and should be at least coppery or brushed nickel in color...this is 2013? are there still no more wire choices than black or white? looks gorgeous now its installed in my dining room which I recently repainted to "glam" it up...really works
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice fixture - value for the money
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? extremely accurate
This is a beautiful chandelier that makes a fabulous addition to my dining room. Definitely a statement piece. Assembly took some time....about 2 hours from box to ceiling. The directions are a little hard to follow, but not impossible. My father and husband worked together. I have received numerous comments on how "stunning" and "stylish" the fixture is, and many people are shocked when I tell them it's from Overstock. Definitely recommend!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
Received the chandelier yesterday and was tickled to find the cord is silver in color. So all the reviews about the black cord were noticed. The canopy, however, is still small. The chandelier was very easy to assemble. The crystals are pretty and good quality. It's a wonderful piece for the price and I would highly recommend it.
This is a gorgeous chandelier and will add just the right amount of contemporary bling to our kitchen and family room renovation. There are four issues I encountered with these chandeliers. 1) The electrical cord that goes through the suspension links to the ceiling is black! Why wouldn't they have used a white, clear or silver cord?! 2) there are small wrinkles on the shade that goes around the chandeliers, but not significant enough to really be noticed if you weren't inspecting it (I'm a perfectionist!). 3) It was a little confusing, while assembling, where to attach the long string of crystals. 4) The plate to cover the whole in the ceiling has a slightly smaller than usually circumference I find. When installing them I needed to run to the hardware store and buy small plaster moldings to put on the ceiling to alleviate the problem (it was a great solution and really actually enhances the look, so ended up being a bonus!). Don't let my following 4 issues with the chandeliers deter you from buying this product, they really are beautiful and have a high-end look... and for the price, you can't beat it! I love them!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very Well
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very Good quatlity, however slight wrinkle on shade
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very Good
The chandelier arrived carefully packaged and on time. It took about 30 minutes to hang the crystals in place. I wasn't sure how to hang the longer strands of crystals because the instructions weren't very detailed, so I just did what I thought looked right. Overall, I am very pleased with this chandelier for the price. I have another very expensive lead crystal chandelier, but I get just as many compliments on this one. When I had this installed, I also had a ceiling medallion put in above it which adds to the overall look. I would also recommend installing a dimmer switch because the ambiance at night is very nice when the light is adjusted down. Overall, it's a great chandelier for the price and I have no hesitations recommending it to others.
Chandelier could be beautiful but I kept receiving chipped parts. Returning replacement chandelier as it is worse than the first one. Keeping the first one because it was hung on a cathedral type ceiling and it would be a pain to take down.
Good looking piece, but, the quality is not what I was expecting. The installation caused my husband, who's very handy, a bit of trouble. We needed to go to **** ***** to buy a larger canopy because the one that came with the chandelier was so small, that it didn't cover the mark my older one left on the ceiling. That's a shame.
Although this chandelier is very pretty, in actuality it is very cheaply made and mine came with pieces missing and broken. It looked like someone had returned it and it had been re-packaged and resent, so be wary of this one. Also, the cap that goes against the ceiling is only 4 inches and generally holes for chandeliers are 5 inches so it would not have fit even if it hadn't been damaged.
We were very excited to receive this chandelier. Upon opening the box, even though it was extremely well packed, one of the arms was loose from the center piece. My husband is very handy but there is no way to tighten this arm so unfortunately it needs to be returned. We are ordering another one and anticipate it's arrival so it can become the focal point of our dining room.
I recieved a lamp that says it's a "Wantech International Lighting" #OK-5109H. nowhere does it state Tribecca Home, nor did it match ithe printed code on your site. Two of the bulbs blow out when the power was turned on, and the "candle covers were cheap silver plastic.. I don't believe this is the item you sold me. Wantech International Lighting is not Tribecca Home
Was really excited after reading the reviews but when I opened the package I was disappointed to first notice the shade was of a very cheap quality Then there was the chandelier itself. Each scroll arm was tilted either to the right or left and the "candles" were also bent either to the far right or left. The "candle" cover was also very cheap looking...shiny chrome finish instead of a brushed nickle to match the fixture. Additionally i noticed that one end of the bottom scroll pieces was left unfinished with no cap on them. I don't understand why the manufacturer didn't add the same metal ball to that end as they did to the other. then there is the black wire issue everyone was talking about (it is an easy fix if you are somewhat handy), the ceiling cap that needs to be replaced and the shiny chrome chain that doesn't match the fixture's finish. Yet another example of you get what you pay for!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Shade was more transparent than expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Poor
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly
I read all the reviews and knew what to expect regarding the ceiling cover being undersize and the black electrical wire. My husband had a difficult time getting this right, but after we shopped an electrical supply store we were able to find a chrome cover which was 4" in diameter and covered the electrical box in the ceiling. Also we used testor silver paint to cover the black wire. As other reviewers stated, it was difficult to install but the end result is a beautiful fixture for a very cost friendly price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality was not like a high-end lighting fixtures, but the price was unbelievable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, but it should be specified that the ceiling cover is only 3-1/2" and does not cover standard USA ceiling openings.
I would return it for no grounding wire and black cord, but these light fixtures are like Genies coming out of bottles, there is no getting it back in...I will give it away before I try to send it back. For now it sits in the corner of my bedroom. If you are an electrician who can rewire this, it would be a good deal because it is pretty.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is nice except the cord is lack and clashes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The shade and frame are nice but it came with inadequate hardware to hang and there is no grounding wire
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The purchase might be salvageable but I will need an electrician to hang it and I normally hang my own light fixtures
The drum came in crushed and wrinkled. I have called customer service and they promised to try and send the replacement for it. I was supposed to get a call from warehouse which I am still waiting on. Hope to have it sorted soon. Anyway, according to few other LOW marked reviews, people had a question on hiding that black wire. It can use a cable sleeve made of semi-sheer ribbon. That would look elegant! hope it helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? near match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair
Absolutely stunning. This product adds a glam factor to any space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Premium
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate