Overall, as long as you don't let anyone see the underside of these chairs, they look very, very nice when gathered around a dining table or placed in a living room as extra seating. We were looking for a moderate-sized set of dining chairs with a neutral and attractive fabric that wasn't the typical tan/taupe. The fabric on these chairs is wonderful -- a soft, beautiful silver grey with a slight sheen and subtle chenille striping. They are not small (which is good), and are more comfortable to sit on than I was expecting. The chair seats are well-cushioned and the backs have a nice ergonomic curvature that makes them very comfy. They were, as other reviewers have commented, not easy to assemble, but doable with some patience (we broke down and used a ratchet wrench for the 11 bolts each). The undersides of the chairs show these are definitely made in China, with very rough wood, wood glue drippings, and shoddy/haphazard stapling of the fabric onto the frame, but once they're assembled no one will ever see the bottoms anyway. Based on the finished product, I would definitely buy these again and do recommend them as a good option for dining chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. outward appearance is very nice, but the underside of the chair shows shoddy construction
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? overall accurate
Paired 8 of these chairs with a new italian high gloss gray dining table, whose chairs were outrageously expensive - they look amazing, complete the look, are comfortable and I couldn't beat the price. With all of the money I saved, I can have more dinner parties!
I've had a set of four of these for almost two years. They look nice with my oval gray dining table. They are not the best quality. There doesn't seem to be much under the cloth stretched over the back so I am careful when pulling them out from the table by the back. The upholstery fabric has had some snags over time which I have clipped off. (Not cat-friendly) Seats are not very comfortable either. Compared to similar Parsons chair purchased for a desk at Macy's, these are far inferior. I hope to replace them at some point.
The chairs are built poorly. Underneath, you will see the staples and the fabric is not trimmed or tucked in, they just left it as is which was bad in my opinion. The color is lighter in person, the legs are darker in person, the depth of the chair is from the bow back to front not the seat, so if you are looking for a deep seat dimension, check that..... I saw one chair, told my husband to not bother opening the other box, we returned it the next day, I didn't even want to see it in my living room. Overstock were amazing in the return process, they made it easy for us.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? too light
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Really bad quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not accurate at all, the finish legs are darker in person.
I highly recommend these chairs. I bought 2 sets (4 chairs total) and had no trouble putting together the first 3 (side note: can someone design something that isn't as time consuming as an Allen wrench?) Anyway, I had problems with the 4th chair. To make a long story short, the holes weren't aligned perfectly. Overstock was great about addressing this issue and sending a replacement. Don't get discouragef when putting the back on your first chair. Once you get the holes aligned, it just takes time using the Allen wrench. They look more expensive than what you spent and I get compliments on them all the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are very comfortable and the fabric is so soft! I'm not using these everyday so I can't comment on the wear.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Bought 4 of these chairs. Easy to put together. They seem to be very sturdy, have had them about a month at the time of this review.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate, they are a light gray color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality seems goood, chairs are sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate
I ordered six of these chairs for my dining room. They have only been used once so far - but I have no complaints yet. They are comfortable and seem fairly sturdy. The fabric is almost a velvety light grey - which shows highlights and low-lights depending on which way the fabric is stroked. Hopefully this will help to hide any discolorations that will occur from sloppy dinner guests. There are slight "ridges" in the fabric, that look like small stripes from a distance. The chairs took a little time to assemble (maybe 5-10 minutes each). The seat and two legs have to be screwed in for each chair. All tools are provided. There are approximately 11 bolts to be screwed in for each chair. Although I did it alone, it would be easier for two people so that one could steady the seat as it is being screwed in. I'm very happy with these chairs for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color appeared appropriate. There is slightly more of a stripe on the chairs than my computer monitor displayed.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate.
Love these! Got six for my dining room. Didn't have $ to update my table so I opted for new chairs. I made the right choice! Totally change the look of my dining room and the price was right. Came quickly. Husband and son assembled all six chairs in 30 minutes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good looks jusst like the picture
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I love them. Classy enough to pull into living room for extra seating. Very sturdy, solid materials. Am ordering another pair. Seat height, width are perfect. Good cushion, nice supportive back. No complaints! Color is perfectly described and silvery gray. Subtle striped chenille texture. Material is soft, nice quality upholstery fabric - NOT that cheap looking, "suede-feel" microfiber stuff. Very nice neutral alternative to a cream, beige or white. Would go very well with cool colors. Easy to put together with enclosed hardware (bolts, washers, hex allen key). Just put front legs on the seat, then attach to the back. Be careful to use the right sized bolts for each piece, are you're golden.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfectly. It really is a silvery gray, has a chenille texture to it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice, sturdy quality. The frame of the chairs is solid wood. The quality of fabric is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate