This is a great looking bed. The material is soft and the headboard is comfortable enough to lean against. Assembly: Pretty easy - 4 wooden feet, 2 small parts on each side of the headboard and the rest hooks together...Until you get to the slats. I was less than impressed at the slats, they have these poorly drilled recesses for the plastic feet of the slats - many of the holes are not big enough to place the feet into. Also, there are only 5 slats that stretch across the entire bed, about 3 plastic feet per slat. When the feet keep falling off, or won't fit in the hole, it's a nightmare to just get everything situated so it sits evenly instead of sagging or having a peak. The slats are horrible in my opinion. The manufacturer should have had a bar down the middle to rest the slats in, or found a more reliable system. It takes about 20 minutes to assemble the bed, 40 to get the slats in correctly. But everything was packaged nicely and all the screws needed were included. A box spring is needed! I found this bed by searching for platform king sized beds. The slats are about 6 inches off the floor, so without the box spring you're essentially sleeping on the ground. Plus if your mattress isn't at least 14" thick, you won't be able to cover the gap at the bottom of the head board. It takes at least 8" of mattress just to clear the edges of the bed. I went ahead and bought the foldable box spring for foam beds from overstock, they fit perfectly with the bed and now the mattress is a comfortable height. Of course, adding a box spring makes the slats straight and even less important, so I still give this item 5 stars. The bed looks amazing when you walk in, and leaning back to read or watch tv is very comfortable.
We LOVE our bed, I am so happy with it, it is beautful. The color is grayish, but very nice. Setting the bed up was pretty easy, my daughter and I did it in about a half hour, once you get it set up you can't move it though because of the support slats are strange and cheap..Shipping was very fast, it came with in a week... It's definitely worth the money!!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? The color of the bed is a little off like other reviewers have stated, slightly on the gray side..But still pretty.
- How is the quality of the product? The quality of the bed is good except for the support slats are very cheap.
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Described accurately.
This bed is beautiful, however the color is a little off. It looks like a light cream color on my computer, but it is a light taupe (grayish-tan). It took about 45 minutes to put together. We chose to use a box spring because of another review I read, but we could have gotten away without one. We also got the select-a-firmness 11 in. mattress from overstock and it would have fit fine without the box spring, but would have been much lower to the floor. The website says it may take up to 6 weeks for delivery, but we received ours 7 days from the day we placed the order. I am very happy with my purchase and I will be ordering from overstock again.
I love this bed. I bought a king size. It is so well made and comfortable. It is an amazing bed for the price. I was happy with the color and quality.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It matches to the picture. It is taupe with a hint of grey. I have grey/blue walls and it matches perfectly.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is really solid and well made. I could not be happier.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
We love our new bed! We got a king size bed and it comes with so many supports that you never hear one creak. This bed is more sturdy than out other bed that we paid a lot more money for. The fabric style is very on trend and it only took my husband about an hour to put together. We got our bed delivered to our front door in 4 days too!
Moved from a one bedroom to a two bedroom and took this as an opportunity to upgrade my queen size bed to a king...and this was the perfect bed! It is incredibly sturdy (the frame has 5 wood slats with three supporters under each...so your mattress is sitting on 15 supports. I ended up getting a 'low' box spring so more of the headboard appeared, and it was perfect (a normal box spring would work and still show the headboard, just not as much). I've had it for nearly a month and would most certainly recommend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Wonderful and sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
My husband and I purchased this bed frame to go with our new king sized memory foam mattress. There was a lot of confusion from the get go. In the description of the product, one section indicated that a boxspring was NOT required. In another section, it said that a boxspring WAS needed. Let me assure you, the slats are really flimsy pieces of wood that stand on plastic stilts about 6" off of the ground. We threw all of it in the trash, and had purchased a king sized boxspring that we laid on the floor, and the frame fit perfectly around the boxspring. Second confusion is the color. The product is described as taupe-which by definition is a brown tan-ish gray. It reads way more green than brown- so more of a greenish gray color. Nevertheless, the fabric is very soft and pretty, and we are happy with the overall look. I am still a little at a loss about the color but don't have the energy to return the whole thing and it seems neutral enough that I can do white or off-white bedding and throw in some colorful pillows to make it interesting.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was different.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This bedframe is well constructed with exception to the slats provided.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate description.
The product is as expected. The headboard seems s bit wobbly and the instructions pretty well sucked. It seems to be holding up well, although I may have to make a few modifications soon for stability.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Looks exactly as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. So far, so good. Have had this for a couple months now.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
I really like this bed with the exception of the Headboard, I thought it would me much taller so that was a big disappoint. The bed is truly a quality bed
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color doesn't look like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
Nice bed just more on the gray side in color. So if you are looking for it to be in the more brown family this is not for you.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is more gray than taupe
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is very accurate
Great customer service - - this is such a large/heavy order that is must be an accepted delivery. Overstock was exceptional. They called me to tell me this. Took me through the process of accepting the order - - that it should be opened if there was damage to the boxes, etc. Told me who would call me to schedule pickup, etc. Top-notch! The product itself was a great product for the price. The headboard is soft/comfortable, and the whole piece is sturdy. The color was not represented well in the description, as the color says its taupe, and picture looks taupe. But it was gray. Fine, still a neutral. Very difficult to screw up decoratively.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not very close. a neutral color, but is gray, not taupe
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality - - sturdy, good fabric
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? all accurate except for the color
I really like the bed. Its very beautiful in person its just not the color i expected. I had to change my room colors due to the color of the bed. The bed was very easy to put together, I gues if you have great comon sense cause it came with no instructions. also the slates that bed come with or very flimsy and not sturdy, but the bed itself is sturdy and very nice...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was not the color decribed on the site, its actuallty a grey color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is great, just the slates that go on the bottom of bed or horrible.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? it was accurate just not the color
This bed is an excellent buy if you are looking for quality and style. As stated in previous reviews, the color is more of a grayish tone as opposed to the caramel/cream color as indicated in the description/picture. Overall, the bed was very easy to assemble and is very sturdy. The best part was that the bed arrived in less than one week!
i like the bed overall, BUT it is not the color that is pictured in the photo. the color of this bed is GREY, not offwhite as pictured and not camel as described. the color doesn't match my room because i thought it was going to look like as pictured, or, at least as described. the actual color is a dull, lifeless grey color. just be warned about that when making this purchase, otherwise, it seemed easy enough to put together and wasn't missing any items.