I saw this bedframe and thought it looked perfect. Read reviews and it seemed like a perfect match. Got the package - well padded and everything was great. Easy to put together - Did it alone. All set. First few nights were fine. Then I sat on it one night and the plastic rods that support he slats bent/broke. After that, every single day I had to keep readjusting them and putting them back on. The quality of my sleep went down and I kept waking up with a stiff neck and a sore back. Now, the slats are worthless, the plastic pegs are worthless. The bed itself is gorgeous, but right now it's a space hog in my bedroom area with my mattress next to it. Buy this platform bed if you want to sleep on the floor. It's a piece of crap that is paraded as a platform bed. I never give 1 stars to items. I was thinking 2 stars b/c it IS gorgeous, but I just wasted 350 bucks for 2 weeks of decent sleep and 2 weeks of poor sleep. The bed is not stable. Perhaps it's the fact I have a wood floor. I don't know. But I would not purchase this again.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Correct
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The cosmetic quality is excellent. However, it's useless. I've now had the product one month and I have to purchase a new bed frame
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Correct
I was concerned about the quality of the headboard and siding on this platform bed, but the actual bed looks great assembled. Also, assembly was relatively simple and came in two boxes with adequate instructions. One thing to be wary of is the middle support pieces that the wooden slats rest on--if your bed is on a hardwood floor, any movement at all will cause the supports to slip out and the mattress to sag in the middle. The supports would probably work fine on carpet or a rug. My solution to this issue was putting one of the boxes the bed came in under the frame - it was the perfect height and length to support the middle. Since then we've had no issues with support of feeling like the middle will cave in. My second concern was having a memory foam mattress I needed a flat solid surface - so what I did after assembling the bed was went and picked up plywood to lay across the slats. This has worked perfectly! Overall I give this bed a thumbs up - what you see looks amazing, how it's stabilized might be a little ghetto but no one see's it and that's all that matters.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matches - blackish espresso color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bed platform was of overall high build quality. The exception was the wooden slats and the plastic supports for under the bed. These pieces, however, are out of sight and still serve their purpose well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate description--what you see is what you get.
Good looking bed for the price. I am 60 yrs old, female and had no problem assembling the bed myself, without any bad language during the process. It did take some time though. I used an electric screwdriver to assemble the bed slats and it was quick. The slats are sawed plywood, so they are very sharp and splintered, but understandable for the price. This is not a bed for heavy people. I weigh 145 lbs and it's great for me, but I can't see it being sturdy enough for two adults or a larger person. It wouldn't take much $ to get real wood slats from the store to make this bed sturdy for holding more weight. It's really a good looking bed for the price!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as shown
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As described
The bed looks gorgeous, no doubt. Like some other reviewers have mentioned, the instructions are not great, the wood quality for the slats are really bad and you will need to wear gloves to avoid splinters. The slats rest on a cross wooden piece in the middle which rest on 4 plastic legs. the plastic legs are not even screwed on to that wooden piece but fit into round slots (not well enough). so the base is not sturdy at all and I not fully confident about the bed. Within a few days one of the plastic legs broke and overstock was quick in shipping me spares.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The support for the bed was not satisfactory
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is an awesome purchase and of great quality. As mentioned in other reviews, the instructions are basically nonexistent so take your time with assembly. The wooden slats are not finished or sanded in any form or fashion. After several splinters and a little bleeding, I opted for gloves. The black plastic legs to support the middle beam are essentially useless. I rented a drill at Home Depot and added some extras screws for additional support. Also, UPS will just leave it at your place if you are not home so be sure to check the shipping status updates. Thus far the bed is perfect! No creaking and very handsome/stylish. I am thrilled with this purchase and it goes well with the Andalucia bench I found on Overstock as well! My bedroom now resembles an upscale hotel versus an abused dorm room. Hallelujah!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly Accurate
Bed was pretty easy to set (the men set it up but it didn't take long). I love it, it has a very classy look and feel to it. I thought the head piece was going to be awkward and bulky but it looks pretty darn good, just having a hard time to find bedding for it, because I don't want it to clash with the head piece. But, overall bed is good. I'm loving it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
look the bed frame looks awesome. but the thought that went in the slacks to hold up the mattress, was really really POOR!!!!. no joke. look for you couples out there beware, sex on this bed frame does not go hand to hand... maybe you can well dame, they musta have been going crazy... and yes were; come on bed frames should be able to maintain durability. RIGHT?. now imma have to call these people and get parts... smh, shame.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. this product, is okay... looks great, but!!! to slacks of wood with a thin rod. broke the same day... of sexing....
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? on point
I read the reviews and didn't pay too much attention to the comments regarding the wooden slats. I SHOULD HAVE! The first night sleeping on this was terrible and woke up to a lopsided bed. Next day was spent at home store shopping for sturdier slats for support. Low and behold the slats I had to purchase and have cut, were cut just too small. After a few hours of experimenting with boxsprings from previous beds/slat combo, I had to come to grips with reality. Bad purchase for the price and additional spent. Not worth it, and Overstock will charge me shipping for the return label. Lesson learned, an expensive one at that. Never again Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was perfectly matched!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality of the headboard and sideboards were great! Sleeping on it was terrible!
Bed is absolutely beautiful. Looks like a much more expensive bed. The middle support piece is not well engineered, however. Holes didn't match up with support legs, so when it was put together it collapsed. Had to create my own middle support using four 12" two by fours and screwing them into the support frame. Not the worst thing in the world, but a little bit of a hassle. I have to say though, the bed is really nice looking. Maybe you will have more luck than I did with the middle support.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality product
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? exact
Great looking, masculine design and a dark brown color that's very similar to photo. Surprisingly simple to assemble, the most 'time consuming' thing was the slats in the frame that support the mattress - they're simple to put it, there's just a lot of them. And Overstock.com customer service was awesome! The first headboard had a defect and I requested a new one. It took about a week to get it, but customer service stayed in touch with me throughout to ensure me they were 'on it.' Was very impressed - it was my first Overstock.com purchase and if it had been handled poorly, I probably wouldn't have gone back (sleeping on the floor kinda sucks). But the customer service made me give them another try, and I've bought several items since and have been happy with every purchase.
I fell in love with the look of this bed, and after I purchased it I read some of the reviews that were somewhat negative. TOTALLY DISAGREE.....The bed was simple to assemble....and i HATE/DETEST putting anything together. Everything assembled with Ease and even the mention of the planks being an issue were NOT. Keeping it clean with ease, and the comfort styling is something I've seen for nealy $1,000 in furniture stores/ads. It is somewhat heavy and if you live upstairs as I do in an old haunted mansion, make sure you have help carrying the frame itself up the stairs. It is the two sets of wooden planks that add to the weight. Thanks again, OVERSTOCK RULES
I'm really happy overall. The only problem I had is that the wood slats that make the platform are not super strong and within a week my side of the bed was falling down. The outside frame was fine and seems sturdy, it's just the wood rib-like supports for the mattress that failed. I'm a 200 pound man so that may be the problem because my girlfriend's side of the bed was fine. My solution was to by 3 pieces of fencing and having them cut to 61.5", then placing those across the thin slats for extra support near the head of the bed. It cost me *** and so far that is working great. The look of the bed is really awesome and if you don't mind putting in a small amount of extra work then this is a great value.
Love this contemporary bed. It looks perfect in my room. It took a little effort to assemble it, but not at all a problem. It actually arrived damaged. Something had rammed straight through the box and into the back of the headboard and crush some of the wood framing - although the damage was not visible from the front. However, 'Overstock' immediately agreed to and provided an equitable settlement.
I am glad I read the reviews prior to purchasing this bed. We have a box spring and mattress and did not experience any issues with the slats which people without box springs had. The headboard sits higher than we thought :) Even with 2 pillows, 2 horizontal rows of squares show. Not so sure I will lean against the headboard to sit and read. Very satisfied with appearance, color is dark enough to pair with black furniture. For the price, you can't beat the quality. I expect a lot, and I would re-buy this again. This is after week one.
overall quality is fair. however the slat locks are cheap plastic which means that the slats keep slipping out. That is with my 100 pound son (no he does not jump on the bed) sitting on any edge of the bed. that means that the bed is a constant pain in the @##!!! Since it is a constant problem, the rest of the stuff gets overshadowed.
Received my bed on time. Put it together by myself. For the price, it is a nice bed. So far I have not had problems with my frame. Holding up nicely. It is exactly as described. It is a dark brown bed. It goes perfectly with my espresso night stands.
On time,no scratches,right size,I'm a happy buyer .. I got a gueen size for my son's bed room fit perfect my husband wants one for us ( not happening ) .. The head board is nice and soft the height is perfect for my 2 year old son to get in and out of bed all by himself.everyone loved it .. Makes my son's room complete:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as pictured :)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Kinda cheap,but hey it was a cheap $$
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Looks exactly the same.
This bed looks very nice once assembled and with a memory foam mattress and nice sheet set on it. I have a modern/contemporary-themed bedroom and this fits in very well with the other pieces. Extremely easy to assemble (took less than an hour) and appears to be fairly well-built with good materials. The headboard is very soft with a good amount of padding, as are the side and footboards. My only complaints, which really aren't complaints as much as recommendations to the manufacturer, are that the wooden slats that come with it could stand to be a little thicker/stronger and that the fitment of the sideboards to the headboard & footboard could stand to be tighter. The planks seem a little flimsy but only time will tell if they fail or not. As for the fitment, I don't think it will be an issue but I still wish it was a little tighter. All in all this was a great purchase and I am very pleased with the way it turned out.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems well constructed; wood slats could be stronger; fitment could be a little tighter
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on