Love this bed, it looks great in our bedroom and the size and color are perfect. Assembly was not bad, took my husband a couple of hours. Biggest problem is that the surface where you put your mattress is a series of slats with spaces between. It looks terrible, makes it difficult to make the bed without getting splinters and seems strange for such a nice product to come "unfinished" like that. Highly recommend that anyone purchasing this bed also buy a piece of finished plywood or something to lay on the frame under the mattress to have a solid surface of something other than raw wood.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful and functional
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Pros: 1. Sturdy steel metal bars and adjustable legs on which the slats lay. The slats are held in place by plastics that were well designed. 2. VERY friendly and good service by Ovestock when you run into any missing parts or issues. Of course, I had the option to return the bed and pay for shipping, but it was too tedious and had a bad screw that couldn't be removed. I decided to keep it for now. Cons: 1. The main issue with this bed is the rectangle is about 3-4 inches larger than the standard king mattress. That leaves a very ugly gap that cannot be easily hidden by bedding fabrics, and also poses a safety concern for little toddler's legs getting caught in the exposed gaps between slats. 2. One missing bolt and many washers. Had to wait for replacement parts to complete installation. One screw started turning (damaged?) inside the footboard's built-in nut, and would not tighten anymore. There is no way to disassemble this bed now, without breaking parts, This is a major con. 3. The headboard is a bit too high an appears bulky. The two pieces it is comprised of has a seam that shows dramatically and really takes away from the aesthetics of such a large headboard. Some minor attention to stitching the fabric would have hidden the black fabric from the seam.
My fiancÚ and I bought an expensive mattress but wanted to save money on the box spring and the head board/frame. Instead of going to a furniture store and paying full price for a box spring and head board/frame, we got this platform bed form overstock. Been on it a month and we absolutely love it! Great alternative if you want to save on the bed and spend extra on just the mattress! No box spring needed. Great value. Looks beautiful in our new home!
Looks of the frame are good. Profit had a funny smell for about a week. The holes that should have aligned on the back of the headboard were totally off! New holes had to be drilled,took along time to assemble. The frame also seems large,there is space around the base that I would expect the mattress to fit. Don't know if its possible they sent a cal king instead of a king....but after all that work putting it together....its staying!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality seemed good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? there were more pieces than i thought
very nice looking, it looks great in our new master retreat
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. seems to be high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? perfect
Just got it assembled yesterday. Here is how I feel about Price: very fair. A similar style bed on the market sells about 50% more. Quality: Better than Ikea. It is not some high end furniture, so my expectation was not high to begin with. The bed looks sturdy enough. It dose came with some mispositioning on some hardwares. Not sure if it is the quality problem or storage/transportation issue. But it was easy to fix, so didn't bother me much. Haven't slept on it yet so cannot judge on the slade probem some reviewers had. Look: Beurtiful. Exactly what I wanted. Assembling: Took two adult and a 2yr old about 1 hour. Pretty easy task. The instruction is not clear enough though. Didn't use it most of the time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. ok for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I started looking for beds in furniture and mattress shops, comparable headboards alone I was finding for twice as much. I was very pleased to find something that looks like the beds I've been eyeing for a fraction of the price, only, I think I should of splurged a little more on the velvet instead of the linen. I do love the style and quality though, and feel my bedroom should now be in a style magazine! I wanted a platform since I also bought a memory foam mattress and figured I didn't need the box spring, however, once we put this together, it is extremely low to the ground. I know in the description it says it's only 9" in height, I guess I didn't realize that. Plus, our matress is pretty thin (8"), so it's more noticable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I wouldn't call it "beige", more of a light linen material, but it does look like the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well built, sturdy, easy to assemble.
The bed is gorgeous. It took my boyfriend and I about 90 minutes to put together and get the bedding set up. The only difficulty is that a couple of the screw holes that connect the two piece headboard weren't aligned exactly. But with a bit of diligence, we managed fine. There was one washer missing out of the entire kit. The bed is beautiful. It feels sturdy and safe. The positioning of the supporting slats helped to refirm the bed making the entire ensemble more comfortable and renewed. Free shipping on this heavy bed really helped as well. Fantastic money and quality for the product. Thanks Overstock, for the brilliant product, AGAIN!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched perfectly!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality for the price and solid bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Right on the money
We are so happy with our new bed! It matches the picture exactly, and it was very easy to assemble. I would definitely recommend it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect