My father-in-law built me a beautiful table with two long benches instead of chairs. However it would only sit four people. I put a chair at each end of the table but it really took away from the beauty of my table! I saw these stools and they looked like they might closely match the table. They match perfectly! I was surprised and pleased to see they were good quality! The stools look very elegant and absolutely beautiful. We have two more of these stools in a dark cherry color that have replaced the chairs at desks in the house. Very nice, very much worth the cost!
These benchs are nice and soild. They are chair height which makes them perfect extra setting at a crowded table. We are using them in the kids play room table and they have held up to pretty heavy use in the last 3 weeks. They are heavy and do not tip. They were easy to put together, about 15 min per bench, but the allen wrench provided was a peice of dung! Had to use my own tool, but no problems beyond that. Only other thing needing mention was the distressing on the stool tops. It is purposeful, as every bench is the same, but it is not noted or visable in pictures. Benches fit rustic decore better then classic.
We are very pleased with these. I live in Canada and searched everywhere for 18-inch stools like these - but could only find in 24/48, etc. Not 18. These looks great around our table and I'm thinking about picking up a couple of more for "extra seating". Plus, these are perfect for my little guy to use in order to reach the middle shelf of our pantry (sturdy enough for mom and dad to stand on too).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well built/sturdy and attractive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
The packaging seemed reasonable and everything arrived in good shape. Each stool has two leg pairings which you screw onto either side of the seat bottom, with brace pieces in between. There are three pre-drilled holes in the leg pairing pieces -- one fits over a peg in the seat and the other two are supposed to match up with pre-drilled holes in the seat so you can screw them on. Unfortunately, out of the 4 leg pair parts, only ONE had screw holes that matched up with the seat's screw holes. I tried every permutation and combination but they just got the wrong angle on the holes and they don't match up. A shame, really, because these are definitely cute and a nice height for a regular table. These are the first things I've ever had to return and I'm really disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color in person is browner, more like maple
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The seat itself was solid and heavy; one leg was coming apart when it arrived; most pre-drilled holes didn't match up
I wished they had spent a few more cents on protecting the finish of the legs. Most parts were just thrown into the shipping box. Probably would NOT buy again. If you don't mind refinishing the product it is a sturdy stool.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is right on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chair is sturdy ! The Finish is Medium to Porr because of Poor Packaging of the parts!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? OK
Bought these for extra seating at the table for Christmas. Hubby put them together in no time. The saddle seat is more comfortable than just a straight slab of wood. The color was very close to my oak dining room furniture. They seem well made and heavy-duty.
Was looking for affordable solid, seating that would not make the table seem crowded like extra chairs seem to do. Received order in a timely manner. Some minor wood scratches noted that probably occurred either in the factory processing or in packing for shipment. The tool for the hex screws is totally inadequate and is made of cheap material that tends to "strip" the screws. I already had a more appropriate hex wrench but it did not give me enough torque to fully install the screws. I got both stools partially assembled (unable to tighten all the screws (they're very long and heavy to thread into the hardwood). Took the stools to a friend who had a much better combination hex wrench that allows for more torque to be applied. The stools are quite comfortable and blend nicely with the other woods in my living & dining furniture. This design also comes in 24-inch and 29-inch heights.
I bought a pair. The "pattern" markings (areas of intended to reflect natural flaws and color variation) are identical, so obviously the "flaws" are man-made. Assembly was a bit of a struggle. Nonetheless, I am pleased with this purchase.
Quality product. Fit my needs perfectly. Sturdy and color is as pictured.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good.
I didn't hesitate when placing my order for 8 of these stools. I needed a quality product that would be very sturdy. They are being used in the individual rooms in a tanning salon, so they get plenty of use. I had previously ordered some taller, padded seat stools from Overstock.com and they have been in use in the waiting area for over a year. They have held up very well. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a quality product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality was great. The assembly was very easy and the stools are very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The product was just as described.