I love these stools! My husband and his family are larger and it has been a challenge to find stools that will stand up to 300+ lb drunks (and that actually look nice) but these do the trick! I needed a little extra leverage to install the screws, but once you have them tight, there is no way these stools will wiggle! I added felt pads to the bottom to protect our floor and waited a while before putting the wooden plugs in so I could retighten the screws after a few weeks of use. I originally ordered 2 sets for around our kitchen island, but after getting these, I'm planning to get 2 more sets for our basement bar. AND, you can't beat the price (even my mother-in-law couldn't believe the quality of these stools, especially after I told her the price)! I would HIGHLY recommend these if you are looking for a strong, good looking set of stools.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looks like the picture, but don't go by the word "Cherry"
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality! The wood is beautiful and matches our rubberwood island perfectly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I needed counter height stools and had been looking at local retailers. I have to say, these are nicer than what you find at some of the chain stores for around the same price. Assembly was easy, I had them both put together in under 30 min. I did use some wood glue on the round pieces that cover the screw heads, as one kept falling out, and I added felt protectors to the bottom of the legs so they would slide on the floor and not leave marks. The "cherry" color is more of a very dark dark brown, but they add a nice contrast to my kitchen. I am very pleased with this purchase.
These are great stools. They hold my 250 pound husband, which is very important. They are made with real wood and have a nice look to them. They are perfect for stowing under the kitchen counter. I am able to sit on them and work on my laptop computer comfortably. We have had them for about three weeks now. They are holding up great, except I just noticed that there are a couple of scratches where you put your feet – on the foot rest bar. I'm pretty sure that I can use furniture markers to hide the scratches, but I have a feeling that down the road the wear is going to be a little more apparent. But, for the price, you can't beat it! Great quality overall. I would recommend these to a friend.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color looks right on with the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Somewhat easy to put together. Solid wood. Be careful not to scratch.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I ordered 3 sets of 2 of the counter stools for a total of 6 stools. They are very nice. Beautiful color, excellent quality. My 13 year old son and I put the first to stools together in about 15 minutes. Very simple easy to understand directions. I will say that the bolts were very tough for my weak womanly muscles and I got tired after assembling the one stool. We built the next set the next day. When we opened the third box we noticed that the leg section of the stool was broken. I will say that the box also was damaged in one of the corners, but not in the area where the leg was located. Anyway, the next day I went on line and chatted with one of the service reps on line. I was explaining everything to him and he told me not to worry that I didn't even need to return the box, he would send me a replacement part. He then asked me what the part number was, but since I was at work, I didn't know and told him I'd get back to him later. Well life got busy for me and I didn't call back. About 1 week after my on line chat, there was a package at my door. I couldn't remember what I ordered. I opened the package and it was the replacementt leg that I had discussed with that customer service rep. WOW!! All I got to say is wow! I am truely impressed and will not hesitate to order more product from Overstock. What a great way to please your customers. Thank you and I'll be back!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
I took back the saddle chairs I bought at Fred Meyer and bought these off of Overstock. I am very happy with the quality and stability. The color wasn't exactly right, but the price was.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Was more of a walnut color, as opposed to a cherry color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very stable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate, with the exception of color
Love these bar stools. They work perfectly in our remodeled kitchen. Just what I wanted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? States Cherry color. More like a warm brown walnut color which is what I wanted. Read that in another review.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate except for the slight deviation in color.
love these seats. they are actually really comfortable. they fit perfectly at our counter and under it when not in use. i like the cross bar to rest my feet on it. relatively easy assembly. I've received alot of positive so far on them. They are convenient to move into another room as well if additional seating is needed. the item would be 5 stars if not for the rough spots/dings on the legs and wood...luckily they were on the inside. love you, overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? more brown than cherry
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. some nicks/dings on the wood but on the underside/inside of the legs/seat
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate. i got what i expected
The stools arrived quickly, were easy to put together, and seem really sturdy. However, the color is no where near a cherry color. Unfortunately, I need them for company that is coming in a few days so I cannot return them and find an alternate soon enough. which means I have to keep them. Maybe I'll refinish them later this summer- shame to have to go through that much additional work. So, if you want dark walnut stools, these are perfect.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? no
- How is the quality of the product? seems sturdy
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? matched description except for color- very dark walnut with no red undertones at all
Nice stools, went together OK, nice wood - not real comfortable, but I needed narrow stools to fit under a shallow counter overhand and for that they work perfectly - packaged well and delivered to my fourth floor condo in excellent condition, no scratches etc.- I have seen the same style with a padded leather or leather look seat and I think that would have been a better choice for comfort
I looked and looked for brown saddle stools that were of good quality. I took a chance ordering these online but depended on the other reviewers great comments. I am VERY happy I ordered these stools. The color is perfect for our kitchen - but most importantly, these are nice quality stools. The seat finish is as smooth as it could be...no sharp or rough edges to catch your clothing....very nice to sit on. I also like the positioning of the rungs below.... there's one that's a little higher -- and then the side rungs are a little lower. Let's you postiion your foot where it feels comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is similar to picture -- but like other reviewers have said, not a cherry color -- more of a rich brown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality! The finish on the seat is beautiful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The 9" measurement on the dimensions is actually the width of the seat - not the base. The legs do come out 14" wide. I had hoped that was the leg width as my counter is only 9 1/2 " deep, but in reality, a stool width of 9" may be a bit tippy. These stools still fit very nicely under my shorter counter and work well in the space...all while being substantial and sturdy. My husband is 6'2" and 230 lbs and he fits fine and is comfortable on these stools.
The advertisement states it is a cherry finish. The actual stools are a dark walnut finish. There is no red in the stain at all. The top of one of the stools even had dents in it. I had to return them. Don't waste your time unless you want walnut stained stools.
The stools are very nice looking and take up little space. One of the tops had a split on the the bottom. I called and a new top was sent. I didn't get upset because I had read reviews that stated Overstock makes the product right. I get compliments on these stools that tuck nicely under the granite overhang of my counter.
Bar stools are sturdy, good looking, good finish with a bit more rustic look than they look in the picture. We received them damaged, even the box was in perfect condition - the horizontal bar was broken in one leg and finish was damaged on the other leg. Overstock was very good and quick to send us the replacement for the damage parts.
First the negatives: Set up was difficult as other reviews point out. Lots of cranking with an overmatched allen wrench. I ended up breaking the one that came included and used another from previous products. My thumbs is still sore from cranking. One of the four legs had its hole improperly located, so it took some real work to realign it. I very nearly had to send it all back after investing 30 minutes and some sweat into the project. Now the good: Once set up we were quite happy with these chairs. They look sharp and seem to me to be a great deal for the money. I do wonder about durability over the long haul, partly because of the way I had to pull the legs into alignment, but for now I'm quite happy with this purchase.
product meets my expectations. will do the job for my needs
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? did
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The stools were just as described. Not too tall, not too short, not too heavy and definitely not wobbly at all. Just what I wanted.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was just as described.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Solid, easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate description
I bought these stools for use at our kitchen counter. We have used them for a few weeks and I am not disappointed in the quality or comfort. Stools are made of a hard wood, sturdy construction and very comfortable . Excellent stools at an amazing price. Happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual product is darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality stools. Sturdy and relatively easy to assemble.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? right on the money
These are sharp looking stools that are the perfect height for my breakfast bar. They look elegant, but don't break the bank when it comes to price! The only "issue" I had with them is inserting the screw caps that are intended to hide the screws. One of the holes was too big for the cap, so I couldn't use a cap for it. Really, this isn't that big of a deal, since the instructions state that you may need to tighten the hardware now and then. I'm sure if it does bother me down the road, I can figure out a solution with a little bit of tape or something. I did get a little giggle out of the instructions--there is certainly a translation error. The instructions state, "Surface is resistant to scratches but is not scratch resistant." I'm sure they intended to say "surface is resistant to scratches but is not scratch PROOF." ...just gave me a little giggle, that's all. Instructions are otherwise easy to follow as these stools do require assembly at home.