I purchased this chair as a replacement for my husbands "name brand" recliner. It ended up being not so good a fit for him.The back on this chair is lower and he didn't like that.His is also a rocker;which he is used to. He is used to a larger chair and this one is the size of a standard Club Chair.So;he gave the chair to me.I love it!I am 5' 4"- and i can cuddle up in it.It is easy to lounge in too-it has a side built in release-which is more appealing than the foot long handle.So this is a better fit for a lady. ( : The cushioning is "firm" -so supportive all over. He still has his old chair-but i ordered a new slipcover here on Overstock to cover it's scariness. So everyone's happy now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fabric is a tad lighter - but that was good for me!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very well made,solid frame,does not slide.Fabric is a medium weight and comfy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 100%
I am a short (5' 2") female with a bad back. My husband is 6' 2". We both like this chair but got it for me. He says it's kind of firm (back and seat) but that's what I need in a chair is something where the seat doesn't sink and the back gives me support. I like the upholstery because it's kind of "course" vs. super soft and flimsy so looks like it will hold up. The footrest is perfect comfort wise and the recline mechanism, a pull out handle, just releases the chair and it reclines itself, then stops at a normal recline. You can push it back further to take a nap, etc. though if you lean forward is drops to the regular recline position. It helps my back not ache by providing nice, firm support but is not too firm for me. This is a wall hugger recliner--didn't realize that but needed it for a small space so is perfect. Wow, did I hit the jackpot with this compared to a furniture store! It came on one big box with the back in 3 pieces--the big middle piece and 2 side pieces. Hubby had it together when I got home and he got the box in the house for us. This is the best thing I've bought I a long time!
I was looking for a rocker / recliner and wasn't finding what I needed. Although this doesn't rock I came to realize that I don't miss that at all. The price was great and of course I love o.com for the free and speedy shipping (even came a day early). My husband is 5'11" 215 lbs and fits in this recliner very comfortably and loves it. It is not a tall or bulky chair, which is what I needed. Came in 2 pieces which made it very easy getting inside the house and a breeze attaching the bottom to the top. Very good deal!!!
Was looking for an inexpensive recliner- it is exactly what I wanted! Comfortable@
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellent
Very firm chair. Needs broken in before it can be comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very wrong. The description says beige but they shipped a chocolate color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. okay except very firm
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not at all
I love the fabric and the chair is sturdy and comfortable, although on the firm side but I like that. I should say that it is NOT a large chair. I am 5' 4" and it fits me perfectly but I would not recommend it for a man or a very big gal. For the price it is an excellent buy…but don't expect a big, cushy, soft lounge chair. It's not that. It's small, firm and a perfect chair to reading, TV and just kicking back.
Overall,for the money I spent I am pleased with this chair. It looks nice and is pretty comfortable.Since i just purchased it I don't really know how it will hold up but appears sturdy and well made.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color matches picture on site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I purchased this chair for a friend who needed a better chair to sit in for her back. She loves it! Also she loves the support in it for her sore back, that needs a chiropractor's care. She is 5' 4", and it is perfect for her. Please note that it is just a recliner, and does not rock. Great chair for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
it is a great chair and well worth the money and the fact that it came right to the door! built strong but not happy with the way the shoulder/side attachments join together. big gap between the arm rest and the back of the chair. not appealing at all. but in general it is a very well made chair and fits me for depth. I have longer legs and was hoping that the seat would be deep enough and it is. all in all a good price and a good chair!