Lovely . Excellent Value for the money and very stable. Ordered Sunday. Processed/Shipped Monday. Arrived Tuesday! I wanted something Pretty but not overly foofoo. Matched all the bolts/washers.. and quickly zipped it together, all tools I needed and parts were included in the box(3 boxes). Light enough for me to move easily into place! Really like how the rails "box" in the mattress.. my last frame constantly dumped the mattress on the floor lol. Bottom of the box springs sits 8 inches off the floor.
The bed is absolutely beautiful! We love it! My husbandd recently had back surgery and our old mattresses just wasn't cutting it, so we decided to buy a new mattress. We also decide to downgrade from a king to a queen, so we needed a new bed. It arrived in two different shipments, but within the scheduled delivery date. And, as with most of the reviews I read, the boxes were pretty tore up, but I received all of the hardware. We unpacked each box one at a time and found the bed had been packaged adequately. We were surprised, yet happy, that there were 3 metal slats that attach to the rails and that each had feet to attach to them. This adds extra support (7 total) to take on and distribute weight. We were also happy to find out that each post and rail foot came with a padded bottom so we did not have to add anything to provide scratch protection for our hardwood floors. The posts are metal, along with the rest of the bed, I knew this going in, but they look like wood. My husband and I layed out each piece, and everything was there. It took us about 30 minutes to get it put together. Once it was up, it was awesome. I measured the distance from the box spring to the floor and it is 9". I mention this because no where I looked could I find this measurement. To me, this is important when deciding to get a regular box spring or low profile, and for the overall distance of your bed to the floor. Because I didn't know this measurement, we ordered a normal box spring which sets our bed 30" off the ground. This okay, and I will get used to it, but really higher than it would have liked. This is our primary bed, we sleep in it every night, and it is very sturdy. Overall, the bed is beautiful, well-made, and we are very happy with it!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the bed is well represented on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was very impressed with the quality of the bed
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Okay. Would like to see that the distance from box spring to floor (9"). And that is does come with 3 metal slats, with feet. I looked for these things before I bought and found them on different sites.
This bed is gorgeous and exceeded my expectations. It was also easy to assemble. My cousin and I put it together without a problem. I am definitely satisfied with this purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The bed is very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? It matched the description completely.
Love the bed frame. The only problem we had was that it arrived without assembly instructions. A call to customer service solved that and we had the instructions e-mailed to us in a few days. I believe the only reason it took that long was because it was over a holiday weekend. I'm very happy with the purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was acurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was relatively accurate, except when they spoke of wooden accent, they aren't actually wood but painted metal to look like wood which was a little confusing. But the description also listed the only material as metal- so that was accurate. It looks very much like wood both in the photo and in real life.
Bed arrived in 3 boxes. All 3 had damage with one box being torn fully open. We were shocked to find all the parts still in the boxes! The bed is lovely, a nice centerpiece in a small room. It took my husband about 2 hours to put it together. A bolt was missing from a packaged set, but he found a replacement. The metal slats that attach to the support frame make the bed very sturdy. So far, no squeaks - or maybe the guests aren't telling me!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colors are as described.
At first i thought the posts were made of wood, but they are actually metal but match beautifully with a combination of wood and wrought iron furniture. really pulls mismatched peices together. I feel as if this bed will last forever. So easy to put together, my 8 yr old helped!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very sturdy, highquality finish
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty Good
Although entire bed is metal, painted coloration is quite pleasing. Bed is used daily and is sturdy and solid. A couple of reviews had indicated a flimsy feel but perhaps those frames were defective or not assembled correctly. And the assembly was clear and easy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Pretty good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very close
Don't hesitate, BUY IT!!! This frame is as pretty in person as the picture looks! I'm a 53 year old female and I put this together myself with no problems, there really isn't that much to put together and everything fit like a charm. I haven't received my mattresses yet, so I can't say how it works all together. My old bed has it's frame feet resting in 6" riser cups, the new bed frame is already at that height without risers, so expect the bed to sit higher if your existing frame is on the floor. One of the boxes was completely open on one end, but everything was packed so well inside the box that nothing was damaged. You won't be sorry!!
I am getting ready to downsize - this is a perfect fit for bedroom.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bed is beautiful; it took 2 of us and about 1 hour to put bed together - well worth it
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality well worth the price - I have shopped for an iron bed at other stores
After having this bedframe for about a year, I am not happy that I purchased it. It sits very low and we counteracted that by putting those foot supports on it but they definitely detract from the aesthetics of the room. Also, just recently the knob on the footboard came off and I superglued it back on. It looks as if the knob and support were made from a manmade hardening agent. This was not built or engineered to last.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. mass produced and not designed for alot of use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? somewhat
I love this bed. The process of getting it here was super easy and shipped for free!!! I love the height and the sophisticated design of the bed. I'm excited to use it for years and years to come.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate color description from photo to real life product.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Easy to put together, very nice and tall!!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am a cautious buyer, but I read the reviews and took the leap. It was time for a change after nearly 23 years of heavy wood beds in our bedroom. We replaced an expensive queen-sized pine sleigh bed with this. It didn't take much more than an hour for my husband to put the bed together. He is never thrilled about change, and at first was reluctant to express what he thought about the new bed . . . but now that we've used it for a couple of weeks, we couldn't be happier with our purchase! He said the other day that this bed feels even sturdier than our pine bed. (He is 6'4" and together we weigh nearly 380 pounds.) Not a squeak or creak! Looks just beautiful and I didn't realize how much more open our room would look without a heavy wood footboard facing us as we enter our room. I like having space underneath the bed to store things if necessary--the sides of the bed have about 7.5" of clearance from bed to floor; the foot of the bed, about 8.75". Sometimes I can't help but stand in the doorway and just admire the new look! I never would have thought such a low price could accompany such a great product, but we love, love, love it!
I needed a lower bed, since I had a 4 poster (Q) size cherry wood bed. When I saw this bed I fell in love with it; however, was a little scare. At arrival, was very impress with it beauty, color and quality of the bed. Assemble was a easy as one, two, three and grandkids can jump on it. Money saving, quality and beauty all in one. Get it.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as the Picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and very strong
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Some assembly required, but was easy to put together with several glass of wine to help the process. I purchased it for the spare bedroom in our house.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Was what I expected in regard to quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
... I was able to put it together in about 2 hours by myself, from when I opened all 3 boxes (each box did have damage but the stuff inside seems to be well packed and protected), sorted the bits and hardware, to finished product. The foot board arrived 3 days after the head board and side rails. No fault of O.co though, UPS messed up. Frame was fairly easy to put together. The instructions are pictures. All the screws, washers and lock rings were included (no extras!!!) as well as tools needed and hardware to make it double bed instead of a queen. You will have to use some common sense when it comes to which screw or lock ring is which, but if you pay attention to the number of each item included you will sort it out. You will need a box spring or slats under the mattress for sure! Overall, I'm pleased with my purchase. The frame is pretty, not TOO girly, sturdy and complements my antique furniture. (I also bought a mattress in a box, which seems to actually be very nice.)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Just as shown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good
We are fat heavy people and this bed holds up very well. There are support legs in the middle and cross bands that support our king mattress. It was easy to put together and all the parts fit well. In our room this bed is just as beautiful as the picture shows. I'm in love.
This is a great bedframe. This post focuses primarily on some tips for assembly. While you can assemble this by yourself, if you have help, it will be easier and faster. You should be able to unbox all the pieces, prepare the pieces for assembly, and assemble the frame in less than one hour. For the first step, make sure you have ALL of the pieces. After you unbox everything, group the pieces using the Letters shown in the instructions; use a piece of paper, write down the letter, and put the screws or bolts on that letter. Laydown the papers in alphabetical order in your work area. You will be able to match the parts to the letters easily through the process of elimination. During assembly, take your time when hand-turning in the screws. You should be able to do most of the turning easily with your fingers and then a few final turns with the allen wrenches. If the screw is very hard to turn with your fingers at the start, the screw is not aligned very well; back-out and start over. Let gravity be your friend; lay down pieces so you are turning the screw towards the ground. It will be very hard to try holding-up pieces, align them to the holes, and keep that alignment when trying to hold-up pieces and turn screws. Even the two long side-rails will easily stand straight up while you screw them into the headboard. When you are putting the final 3 cross supports that hold the box-spring, put in the middle support first. That will make it very easy to put in the other two supports. We had pieces left-over; no worries. After reading the few complains about assembly, I would say they must have been trying to figure out each screw/washer combo during each assembly step and also worked against gravity. But if you group everything first by letter and let gravity be your friend, you are off to a great start. When you are done, you might ask Why did they skip the letter V? hummmm . :) Assembly was very very easy and we are very happy with this frame.
I have been looking at this bed since the beginning of this year, but I was apprehensive about ordering a bed on-line especially since I live in Toronto, Canada. Well I took the plunge and ordered the bed when it was on sale (bonus);it arrived last Friday Dec 5, 2014 and all of the packaging (3 boxes) were intact!!! I have since assembled the bed and WOW.... it is beautiful and looks exactly as it does on the website. It is sturdy, ornate and makes my room look fantastic... I will definitely order from Overstock again, the customer service representatives I spoke with were excellent and very helpful...thank you for such great service. Only one minor issue for international customers orders are shipped to a main hub in Florida and then shipped to the international destination. So I was a bit freaked out when the tracking showed my package had been delivered to me in Florida even though I live in Toronto, Canada. Not to worry the order will arrive in a timely fashion.
I bought this bed for our guest room and ended up using it in the master bedroom instead. I love it. I'm not a big fan of large, heavy wood beds so this is perfect. Very easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Rails and slats are NOT sturdy, will not support two normal-sized people without breaking. The rail broke just above the foot-board, and we weren't even bouncing around at the time. It's a beautiful piece, if you're going to put it in a guest room where it's rarely used.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? too light, product is darker
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mediocre
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Mostly accurate