We have this chair in our bedroom. The cushions aren't as firm as I'd like them to be, but we purchased a pillow that can be put behind, to help give more lumbar support. The ottoman is a nice addition and we have it moved out of the way when not in use, since we don't have enough space to keep it out all the time. The color is definitely more brown than in the photo online. I don't like the way the chair was designed with the bottom cushion sticking out past the chair frame. So, we pushed the bottom cushion all the way to the back of the chair and the back cushion sits right on top of the bottom cushion. It seems more comfortable this way. Although, you can't use the velcro feature on the back cushion if you position it this way. That's fine with me though. The cushions seem to stay in place okay.
We bought two chairs and an ottoman. The chairs are pretty easy to put together. They were great from additional seating I needed with company coming for the holidays. No shopping in the stores no delivery to arrange. Took an evening to assemble the pieces. I don't expect the chairs to last forever the quality is not the greatest but for the next couple of years they will do fine. They are attractive and comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a little darker than I expected but OK fits in with my furniture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fair to average quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
When the boxes for this first arrived, we were missing the screws and the instructions to assemble it. One of the arms had a dent in it. Overstock customer service responded promptly, but due to the Thanksgiving holiday, it took a week or more to get the replacements.The replacement arm had a small chip in the finish, but I successfully colored it with a brown marker; no big deal. My husband assembled it quickly. I did not hear a lot of cussing, so I assume it was not too complicated or confusing to assemble, but he's a handyman by trade and can figure out pretty much anything. So far, I am happy with it. I don't expect it to last forever, but it's pretty sturdy and really quite comfortable. My daughter and my cats sit in it all of the time now! I wonder how well the microfiber will hold up; having never had anything in that fabric before, I am not sure what to expect. Surprisingly, the cats do not seem to be interested in clawing it - yet. It looks quite nice and more expensive than the cost. I am happy with this purchase so far and would buy other furniture items from Overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I feel like the color is a pretty close match; it is a rust color and works well with my brown leather couch and recliner.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. This seems like decent quality for the money. The cushions are comfortable and solid - I was afraid they'd be too mushy - it feels sturdy, not flimsy or cheap, and the suede-like fabric looks pretty good, although it does need a godo vacuuming/brushing pretty often if you have pets.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the fabric color, I would say the description was pretty accurate.
Have this set up in my bedroom. This is a very spacious chair. I like the solid wood construction and it is high quality with thick cushions. I'm 5'10 and stretch out with a book and cup of tea resting on the flat arm of the chair. Love this chair and glad I purchased it. I've received many compliments about this mission style chair.
we were looking for a little smaller chair but this is made well and is not difficult for anyone to put together. The color is darker than shown - more of a brown than a tan/rust. We are small people and it is still difficult for us to sit and feel comfortable in the chair, but a pillow behind our back will make it fine. Very good construction for the price. We are satisfied.
Love the chair & ottoman! The rust color is right on. The ottoman is quite large, but surprisingly, the chair is not! It's rather short the back...much shorter than the love seat and recliner I have in the room, so much so that it looks odd! Since I love this mission style, I'm going to try to bring in a short standing lamp, kind of a Tiffany style to take your eye away from hoe low the back is. Great chair, but measure, measure, measure!!!
This chair is exactly what it says it is, nothing more - nothing less. The cushion is stiff but not uncomfortably so. It is not for a tall person and it needs a bolster cushion for the small of your back. Other than that it is fine and looks just like the photo.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is not of the highest quality, but considering the price it is fair. Actually it is better than I expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
Love this chair and ottoman! Beautiful simple mission design. Solid wood construction. Comfy cushions make for a great chair!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Chair is not rust. Milk chocolate brown would be a more apt description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Other than the color, comfy, casual, perfect for the family room.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? With the exception of the cushion color, description was accurate.
I was very happy with my purchases. I bought 2 for our informal living area which takes a lot of abuse by my husband and 2 sons. So far, both chairs are still in grand condition, and even if the cushions wear down, one can slip cover them and use another layer of high density foam for better wear. The price was reasonable as well. I will continue to order from Overstock for other items.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Onsite color was pretty close to actual product color, easy to clean.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The frame is sturdy and durable for a non-formal living area, easy to move when cleaning
This chair is really nice and comfortable, however the assembly for the chair took longer than expected because the instructions sheet was very unclear and unreadable, and some information was cut off of the page. I searched online to find the instructions manual but was unable to find it. I contacted Overstock and after a few days they were able to track down the manual and sent it to me. I went ahead and put the chair together without the readable manual, but it just took extra time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color matches with what is displayed in the images online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product quality is good, but not excellent. I think the quality is great for the price, but would not pay more for it
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The on site description of the product was accurate
As I mentioned in another review about the love seat, this was a difficult assembly. Bad instructions, and the copies had been copied...not a clear set of instructions. However, once assembled, they are lovely to look at and very comfortable.
My original order was delivered damaged, Sadly, the replacement was also damaged. The third chair arrived in good condition, was easy to assemble and is comfortable and attractive. The Overstock staff was very helpful in resolving this frustrating chain of events. The only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is that I haven't lived with the chair long enough to evaluate how durable it will be.