I wasn't sure what I was really getting when I ordered these chairs, but since I would get low shipping and knew I could return them, I decided to order them. I am pleased. These chairs look great and are very comfortable. They look much better in person than what the internet shows. The weight limit is 200 lbs. The legs are a brown, with a little red cast like mahagoney when the sun shines on them, but they will look excellent with any dark piece of furniture. Assembly was easy enough. My husband likes them as well.
Sorry that happened to the first reviewer that the color was all wrong on these chairs. They are definitely OLIVE and not Chartreuse Yellow (unless I just don't know what Chartreuse Yellow). Anyhow, the first reviewers color dissatisfaction is what told me the real color of these chairs and exactly what I needed...more olive and less yellow. So this works for me and i just ordered my 2nd set of the same chairs.
I wouldn't buy anything that I'd have to assembe myself from overstock in general. The first chair I tried to put together almost ended in my divorcing my husband because nothing we did made the seat and back pieces fit together and then the screws wouldn't go in. The chair was defective. The other three assembled easily and quickly. They were much lighter and didn't seem strong enough to support a husband who likes to flop into his chair and then lean back in them. But so far so good because we're being VERY careful about how we sit in them. They are, on the plus side, super easy to move around the room and clean. Overstock was courteous and prompt when dealing with the defective chair. I probably received a replacement within five days.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was much darker than anticipated
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chairs are very flimsy and don't feel very secure
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
These elegant looking chairs are great for looking at. Dont try to sit on them. The seat cushion spans the gap between the 4 leg posts with nothing more than stuffing and some weak springs. At 200lbs, I find myself leery of punching thru. The strength of the connection between seat and back is weak, if I lean back, the angle of the back to seat opens up a degree or two..indicating impending collapse.
Looked good for about a year. After that, the padding in the seats began to flatten out. Then the "pleather" started peeling & cracking. We've had to use chair covers for the last 1.5 years to cover the unsightly cushions. Will not hold up for extended period of time.
We rider four of these leather chairs for our interview conference room and they are comfortable, professional, and people comment on the special color. Very happy with the chairs. So easy to assemble. I am 66 and it took me less than one hour to assemble all four chairs.
The chairs are pretty much what I expected and hoped for. The construction is not the most solid but gets the job done. They're comfortable and look nice with our dark wood dining table. Assembly is pretty straight-forward and simple. One of the chair legs was chipped upon opening the box, but I was able to patch it with wood putty and it looks okay. Wasn't bad enough to send it back for a replacment. The color written on the box says "Chartreuse", which is not accurate - the chairs are olive.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Middle of the road with respect to overall quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate
We bought these for two side chairs/not every-day home office chairs. They are a great fit for us as we live in a 1917 cottage and ever little bit of space counts. So many dining chairs that have some height to the back slope at a pretty goofy angle so that they don't let you sit to the table. These don't; they are very comfortable, not too deep, and while not uber-strong (I don't know how well the faux leather will hold up or if my ex-pro football playing brother would feel steady on them -- or if wiggly little ones would like them), they perfect for our need because we are normal height and weight adults. We can use them as extra dining chairs when needed, but we're quite happy with the quality for the cost. I'd buy them again, if that helps.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it is true to color -- a light olive (tan/yellow tint with the green) not lime
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. don't have any problems
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
Extremely hard to attach legs - guide drill holes are all uneven - took a pliers with the Allen key to attach. A painful 20 -25 mins per chair and 3 out of 6 chairs are wobbly The faux leather appears to be vinyl and scratches & marks up extremely easily. After 3 days of light use they are already badly scratched Want to return but no idea how I'm going to get the legs off again after they were so difficult to attach. Do no buy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very poor - vinyl marks up easily , legs are wobbly!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Yellow description a little non sensical since they are clearaly green
The chairs could have been chartreuse and they would have worked in my space, but I'm glad they looked olive green. I ordered two sets to go under the 72" table I ordered and two different chairs for the ends. The seat of the chair is high - having extra stuffing or batting so you will not be sitting on a flat surface; this was a little awkward at first, but it grows on you and is really comfortable. All batting will settle and flatten overtime - so it's nice to know that it will be a loooong time before this occurs with these chairs. The backs are curved just right too. I'm 4'11" my husband is 6'3" and they are comfortable for us both.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More olive green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good - color description a little off.
The chair is comfortable with a nice cushioned seat. It is stable. The only reasons I did not give it five stars is because the quality is mediocre and the color is a bit depressing. There are bright, cheerful olive colors and dull, drab olive colors. This color is dull and drab.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is duller than picture color. Drab olive
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Mediocre. Wood underneath chair split but still holding together. May have to return chair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description on site
I have lived with these chairs for a few weeks and I am still in LOVE. I ordered 2 first to check the color, then went right back for 4 more. I paired them with a *** table. My family loves the chairs and we are getting tons of compliments. Good Job Overstock!
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
This is a beautiful color. They are easy to assemble and look very modern and classy. I love them and I get a lot of compliments from people. I wouldn't say that it is the best quality. They are very light in weight and so makes me wonder about the quality. But again it is a beautiful pair.