The piece seems more like an accent chair than a loveseat. It is 7" shorter than my previous loveseat. My oversight; I should have read the dimensions. The fabric had some snags, and wasn't as beautiful as a previous reviewer claimed. It is just adequate, and I will use as an accent chair, not as a loveseat. My husband and I found it really very difficult to put together, and he is a contractor and extremely handy! After assembly, the chair just doesn't seem sturdy. There's some movement on the back piece even after tightening the hardware to its fullest.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fabric color is similar to image
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Doesn't seem sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? My oversight. I should have noticed very narrow width for a "loveseat".
not so happy. fabric looks quite cheap and it reeks chemical smell inside of construction parts and out through the fabric. also, the construction holes are not aligned at all. My fiance wants to keep it just because he already invested too much time putting it together. that's the only reason I'm keeping it. but still I might return...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to the color on the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very poorly made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not so much
I've bought several pieces of furniture/upholstery from Overstock -- some good and a few questionable, though never bad. So I now have a consumer's informed basis of comparison. Heads up --- I am WOWed by this piece. Superb scale, easy assembly and an upholstery fabric that may, in fact, be polyester but is a great pretender -- this fabric could as easily be a "designer only" selection only available to the trade at $$$ a yard.. If, as reviewers, we had the ability to send photos, I would send one for this piece. In short -- thrilled to bits. So grateful that, out there, there is Overstock whose hits are far more frequent than their misses. And even their misses offer the reliable compensation of a REALLY RESPONSIBLE customer service. Kudos, Overstock. And sincere thanks.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Understated in terms of it overall quality of construction, upholstery color and style
After so many mixed reviews, I was hesitant to order this product. However, I have a living room that needed a small place to sit and I did not want to spend much money on the seating (since I'm almost never in there) so I gave this a try. As others have stated, the fabric is coarse and the seat itself is hard - not very comfortable if you plan to sit on it all the time. The color in the photo is accurate, but it's also bland by itself; I recommend buying an accent pillow to break up the beige. Assembly was fair, I would rate it a 5 on a scale of 1-10. I've been assembling a lot of furniture since I just moved, so I have a good feel for pieces that take up a lot of time. I didn't have trouble with the back, as some other reviewers stated, but the leg assembly gave me some trouble as the pieces on the left side were not cut to line up exactly with the frame and pre-drilled holes. I was eventually able to get the legs in, and once the entire piece was assembled it was sturdy and a good fit for my small space. For reviewers who had trouble with wobbliness; the might have been the chair, but it could also be the assembly process. The directions state to not tighten your screws 100% until all the pieces are in place. I've made the over-tightening mistake with other pieces and if you tighten 100% before all the pieces are together this can lead to the remaining holes not lining up properly because you do not have enough slack. Then if you force the screws in at that point, they may not be in properly and this can lead to wobbliness. For those of you buying this product, make sure you follow the directions and only tighten 80% of the way during assemble. Oh, and you might need a rubber mallet to get the left side leg into place. Overall, I'm satisfied with this loveseat. It works for me because my space is small and I'm not going to sit on it for long periods of time. This piece is smaller than a traditional loveseat and is also lower to the ground than many couches, so definitely measure if you're trying to match it up with existing pieces.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is fair, not very comfortable and the pieces are tough to assemble. But it looks good once it's together.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? This is not a loveseat, it is close to the size of a setee, or as others have stated, an oversized accent chair.
The photo needs a side view, the curve in the back made the furniture extend out an extra 8 inches, in the photo it appears straight up and down. It is very low to the ground and does not fit in with the other furniture in the room. Extreme chemical smell. My first time ordering from Overstock and will be my last .
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. not good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? not good
I ordered this piece to go in the living room where we generally don't sit except for holiday time. It looks GREAT but the comfort has a lot to be desired. Still, paired with a few comfy chairs, it's a nice place for guests to perch and have a conversation. The scale of the piece is exactly what I needed since I do have some chairs in the same gathering spot. It's more like a double chair. The color and proportion is very pleasing and gives a contemporary but timeless vibe. The overall feel of the loveseat is more like a car... hard. The seat is deep and one needs a pillow in the lumbar area. I would characterize this as something appropriate for formal sitting rather than comfy, cushy, curl up and read a book sitting. Eventually I will replace it with something more comfy and put it in my bedroom for sitting and putting on our shoes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice quality, very nice fabric,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? pretty accurate
After reading other reviews, I was very much on the fence about making this purchase, but I simply could not find anything else within a reasonable price range that had the clean lines, precise size, and color I needed for my living room. This piece fits perfectly at a diagonal in the corner of the room and works well with my existing furniture pieces. Although the fabric is not super soft, it certainly does not feel like burlap to me. It was a beast to assemble and my arm hurt from torquing the allen wrench. I was concerned the holes would not line up and a couple seemed just slightly off, but I managed to get it assembled. Even though I tightened everything, the back still rocks back and forth if you jiggle it. However, it is very sturdy when someone is sitting in it. I found it comfortable to sit on with my feet propped up on an ottoman or curling up and lying on it sideways. The seat back is definitely past a 90 degree angle, so keep that in mind if you are looking for something to sit up straight in.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? as pictured
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. it looks more expensive than it is, but the back wobbles a bit if you push on it too hard
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was right on
This is an affordable imitation of a designer sofette.. and there's definitely a reason for it. Cons: 1) As others have said, the material is incredibly coarse. 2) The seat is HARD. Like sitting on really thick styrofoam hard, no soft batting between this weird hard filler and the rough upholstery. 3) Even though the holes are pre-drilled, the pieces don't 100% line up or assemble that easily. It took me a solid 45 minutes to put this together, constantly lining up bolts to holes, fighting to connect the dowel rods in the seat to the back of the chair, screwing then unscrewing bolts to realign the bolts to the holes yet again.. 4) Not as significant of a problem as the others, but the seams on the piece are crooked. Pretty noticeably crooked across the top back of the seat and along the sides. It makes it look that much cheaper. However, from the front it LOOKS really good. Just don't sit on it. Or if you do, use lots of throw pillows. For a piece under $$$ it's not worth the hassle of sending back - but I assembled it on the same day as comparably priced slipper chairs from a big box store and the quality of those pieces are much better and much more comfortable to sit on.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average / Fair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Perfect for an accent piece in my professional office. It is very sturdy yet comfortable for the waiting room. I added 2 decorator pillows and it looks like a million bucks! Easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was true to photograph. The material was woven and looked nicer than the canvas I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High qualitysignificantly more than I expected for the low price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was very accurate.
I ordered this 2-seater for my office. Upon arrival and unpacking, it was clear that the loveseat was missing 2 of its legs. What a low-quality product. Manufacturer has been contacted and is sending replacement parts, but I have an unusable sofa lying on my office floor and no where for colleagues to sit.
I read the reviews before ordering and followed the instructions too...it was quite easy to put together. There are two sizes of bolts, the longer ones took a bit more time to screw in than the shorter ones but other than that it was easy peasy. I cannot understand why some people had so much trouble! Double check the dimensions and description before you order, if you are looking for a squishy couch to lie on while watching TV look elsewhere. I have it in my library as an occasional seating option where it looks great!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality...for what it is
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
We bought this to put in an office, which gives it a upgraded style. Its different than the office chairs you'd normally find. We wanted people to feel invited and comfy coming in to see us. The light linen/beige color goes with anything. A nice little lumber long accent pillow is just the thing to compliment it. The price is awesome!! If I had my old little apartment I'd prob opt for this at home as well.
Word cannot express how happy I am with this purchase. I am not a small womam the seat cushion is very firm and it is very comfortable to sit on for extended periods of time. It is great for a small office area which is where I have mine. I also purchase a sisal rug to complement the loveseat. I am so please with the color and the color.
Fabric is pulling and somewhat bare on one corner....but the fabric has an open weave so it is to be expected. A little stitching will solve the problem. The seat is firm and comfortable. I plan on adding tacks along the base. I love it! I am using it as a banquet seat in my dining room.
As a basic bench for my entryway this will be sufficient, looks quite nice, but not very sturdy at all. If you lean back against the back it feels wobbly like you could push the back right off the piece. It wasn't expensive, and for light use as a bench it will be nice, but I wouldn't want it for any regular use as other than a place to sit and put shoes on at the door, or to look at in an entryway where no one really sits but you would like a nice looking piece of furniture to fill a space.