To be clear, this product comes with zero mattresses. NO mattresses included. To complete the setup, you will need to purchase two mattresses. The daybed cavity (into which you drop a mattress) is 77 inches; too short for a twin XL matteress, but two inches longer than a twin mattress, so you end up with an inch gap on either end of the mattress once centered. The slats provided with the daybed seemed a little weak, so I added a 3/8 inch plywood bed board for extra support. The slats alone would probably be sufficient for a small child, but for rambunctious kids or adults, the extra board may be necessary. The trundle bed exactly fits a regular twin mattress. I purchased 7-inch memory foam mattresses from Overstock, and the trundle still has an inch or so of additional clearance under the daybed with that mattress, I did not add an additional bed board in the trundle. One of the steel brackets used to assemble the sides was incorrectly milled, so I had to take it to a local small engine repair shop to use their industrial drill press as I didn't have time to work it through customer service for a new part. Overall the assembled piece looks nice and functions exactly as I want it to.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine - white is not a bright white
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly accurate
I am a Family Therapist I was the Director of Family Treatment**in ** NY I find it so Sad when I purchase something of poor qualliy.....In my case I saw this bed in a client's Home. I fell in love with it! I Wish I purchased this Bed a year ago! It appears the quality in Materials has Plumetted! Your products are usually of Higher Quality... Sincerely Mary A.J. S.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was the Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Low quality Back Board Cheaply made, But the sides of the bed good quality nicley finished! Head boardThin Padding & stiching was irregular, Wood Boards substandard, they bend easily, many splinters putting it together,
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not acurate think my clients bed was purcased 1 year ago it was made with much better Quality than the one I purchased!
We got this for our guest room and every other weekend kids.... It is great for both - I just change the bedding and voila! Fun for the kids to have some extra space for playtime when the trundle is stowed. My only complaint is the space between the wall and the top "bunk" if you have smaller children they should go on the trundle pullout as there is a rather large gap on the top.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to Photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Nice looking and sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? True to description
Product was easy to assembly. Once together it looks good. Ours had a section that had a tear. I was told it is now discontinued and they could not replace the damaged part. I already had it put together and did not want to take it apart and then repack it into the three boxes it came and ship it back, so they gave me a small credit. It does look good and hopefully the rip will not get bigger.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Okay
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I ordered this piece for my home office/guest bedroom. My room is 11x11 and its fits well in the room with a small side table, computer desk, printer table, and oversized chair with ottoman. The daybed is bed it functions more as an oversized couch for me. I'm using a twin mattress but an twin XL will fit for sure. Its easy to clean. The trundle rolls but only front and back, thinking of exchanging the wheels for casters for a little more freedom with movement. It best to assemble in the room you plan on using it in (lesson learned), but the assemble is easy. I added tons of accent pillows and had a custom bed cover made for the mattress. I love it. After all I do my best work when I am sleep :-)!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? True to picture
We have a very small guest bedroom in our house, and we had trouble finding something that would fit our space and the style of our furniture. This fit the bill perfectly, and it looks fantastic in our dark gray room. The construction is solid and the assembly was fairly easy-- it will wobble if you don't tighten the pieces enough and it's easier to tighten if there are two of you working together so that the first person can hold it perfectly in place while the second tightens. Assembly was quick, and this has held up well in a room that is frequented by children. One thing to note-- we found that the height of the piece in the description did not take into account the slightly rounded back, so it is actually a tiny bit taller than described.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? excellent
The only difference I noted from the picture was in its proportional size to the room. This is a large kind of imposing piece of furniture. It is not just a little daybed. There are pretty big spaces between the mattress and the sides and back of the "sofa" making the overall structure much larger than I expected. Still, it does fit in my small room and wlil provide good extra sleeping space.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was just as pictured.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made and good buy for the price.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? .
IT'S DEEP, EASY TO CLEAN VINYL, ACCURATE SIZING PROVIDED ON DESCRIPTION. GOT SOME COMFORTABLE MATTRESS FROM WALMART, EXCELLENT EXTRA BED (S) - CONTEMPORARY DESIGN. GREAT PURCHASE.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? lots of whites out there, don't try to hard to get matchy, matchy.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well made, construction is good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate - NO MATTRESSES - STILL COMPARABLE PRICE.
I purchased this daybed a few months ago after searching other sites. I love it. I have it in my spare bedroom that my grandkids share. The daybed is not off-white but is a really bright white. The daybed is also bigger than it look so if you are putting it in a small room you may want to go with a bed that is smaller. This daybed was easy to put together by myself byt did take about 45 mins. I was also missing a few pieces which Overstock sent but it did take a week to get them.
I was lead to believe it came with the top mattress so I only ordered one. When it arrived I had to find one locally to buy. Had it been clear, I would have ordered 2 from overstock.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Ok
This turned out to be perfect in my studio apartment. Space is a premium and I was looking for something that could function as a high quality sofa during the day and a bed by night. Was very pleased with how this worked out. Also love the color as its complements the rest of my light bright decor.
This bed came on time and in good condition. My husband and I put it together in about 45 min ( it would have taken less time but we were watching the cat explore the boxes. the only complaint was that the slates to hold up the mattress in a couple spots was a little too narrow so we had to carefully drill them at the edge. But otherwise it was beautiful. We have had many compliments on the bed. It is in my office/guest room so I sit on it sometime and watch tv and it holds up great. We didn't have to use the trundle this holiday but it is nice to know we have that extra bed hidden away. Love it and would order it again and again if I had another room to put it in.
The picture is so, so misleading. The product arrived and required assembling. Which was fine. But, Its only a skeletin. No cushion to sit on and no mattress to go under the bed. I understand no pillow. But, no cushion to sit on? Its insane who would be this product at that price and what you are getting...Honestly, I called so many times to explain. Intitially I was told, oh, sorry, the cushion to sit on was not sent, and we'll send it to you in two days..A week later, no cushion, nothing. I called again, and someone else answer, and been told, oh, no..no...Nothing has shipped and now, Im told, the couch, as in couch, comes with nothing..Just a frame and need to order everything. And no cushions gets sold, so, you have to put a mattress to sit on to use it as a couch. Really? I mean, a whole month and finally after hours and hours. Got frustrated and never, ever, again would buy anything from overstock..My first and last order, ever!