The overall look of this is great. However, the first time it was sent to me, instructions and pieces were missing. They did fix this immediately though. After a few times sitting on it (I'm 120 pounds), the slats broke. I am glad I didn't let my 200 pound father sleep on this. Very unsafe!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible quality. Slats broke
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Exact
I searched around for awhile and was not able to find anything as nice as this daybed within this price range. It was easy to put together which was great- as a women I managed without help. It is a big piece of furniture but very attractive. I am very happy with my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The only thing I would mention is that the trundle part of this day bed is sort of freestanding, so if you don't have it against a wall and you push the trundle under it will go past the back of the bed. This could be easily solved though with a couple of nails and some scrap wood. but if you have it against a wall it is a very nice piece.It looks great and for the money is very good quality. Of course up have to put it together - if you do this sort of thing often it won't take you long - maybe an hour or so. My nanny did it by herself in less than 60 min. :)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
First, let me say I am a veteran Overstock furniture buyer with A LOT of experience purchasing and putting together furniture. The back of this daybed is actually only a bar with a large open gap above the mattress where the wall shows through. Imagine a bench with only a top support bar across the back anchoring the two arms not like a sofa back as the photo appears. We had to re-build the back with a board to seal up the hole. The photo is very deceptive they covered up the gap with pillows. Virtually every drill hole for assembly was improperly drilled at an angel or in a way that the holes do not line up with the supplied brackets - luckily my husband and brother are cabinet makers and had the skills to rebuild and re-align the whole thing or it would have been neither safe nor sturdy enough to handle any use. There are other reviews reflecting the fact that this daybed did not stand up to use; now that we have assembled it I can understand why. If you do not have the skills to re-engineer and reinforce this daybed I can not imagine how it could possibly withstand any regular use. Additionally, multiple washers and screws for assembly were left out - again, we were experienced enough to compensate with our own materials. Now that it is assembled it looks ok and my son loves it, but considering it has no back and we had to re-engineer the whole thing it was definitely not worth what was paid.
My husband put this together easily and with NO problems. We've had the bed in my 14yr old sons room for aprox 6 weeks. He is a docile kid who only sleeps and plays video games in his room. He loves the look of the bed but it is already falling apart. When you sit on it it sways like one of the screws are loose or broken. This wasn't that inexpensive to only last a few weeks.
We were looking for a day bed for overnight guests, but didn't want something too frilly or too obviously a bed, since it's located in a room that doubles as an office. This was an excellent choice. It arrived quickly, and was not too difficult to assemble. I highly recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very dark brown; looks just like the color on the site
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Beautiful day bed. Looks very chic in our guest room
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I am so glad that I purchased this trundle bed. Upon delivery, boxes were heavy, but not so much that I couldn't pull them into my house on my own. Assembly was reasonable. I am pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to pull out the lower bed. Although I am using it as a guest bed, it seems solid enough for daily use.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Adequate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
I was looking for a daybed that functioned as a sofa in a multi purpose room. This daybed is now my home office sofa and will work well for our daughter when she is home from college and the room becomes her bedroom. It is a bit high for a sofa, but is manageable. The trundle is great for an extra guest. It assembled quite easily and is sturdy. The vinyl does not look cheap as the color is dark and rich. One caution. Be sure to use the right length of screw. The first one I put in was too long (my own error) and it tore through the vinyl. Luckily it was a back piece which is against my wall. I quickly learned my lesson (to read the instructions more carefully) and the rest was quite easy to assemble. It took me a while to find the right piece of furniture for my purposes and I definitely am not disappointed!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color looks as I expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. overall the quality is excellent for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was accurate
Very happy with my purchase. I read reviews for anything I buy and this was no exception. I am adding another positive review for this item. Packaging was good, delivery was quick and assembly was a breeze for my husband and I. I purchased this for our 10yr old who was wanted to give his room and big boy makeover. He wanted a full size bed but his room is small and it would have overwhelmed the space so we compromised on this twin bed with pull out trundle. We liked the couch look and the modern, masculine look of it. It's definitely a piece that is sure to grow with him. The trundle wheels in and out smoothly on our thick carpet. We just have a twin air mattress on the trundle since its only used when he has a sleepover and that works just fine. If I ever replace his current mattress, I will put his old one on the trundle. I would definitely recommend this bed to a friend. Its well made, looks great and has totally transformed my sons bedroom. Thanks Overstock for the best price and shipping around.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. high quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The bed came in 3 boxes, we unpacked the first one with the side panels and immediately noticed that the bed was black. It actually looks pretty dark on the website, but we usually don't rely on the website pictures. We compared the color with anything black and dark brown we could find in the house taking flash and non flash photos along the way. In some pictures it could be seen that the black of the bed was a bit warmer than black of some other items, but it was black nevertheless. Much darker that the furniture form IKEA in color that they call "Brown-Black". The quality of the panel was so-so, the core didn't feel particularly solid, and in one spot we could feel a staple underneath the vinyl. We didn't unpack anything else, so I can't comment on the quality of the whole bed. We decided to ship it back, and overstock customer service was great with arrangements.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not very
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Average
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is a great piece of furniture. It is used daily in my daughter's room and she loves it. Works great for company and doesn't take up very much room. She loves it!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? it was very close. It is really a nice piece of furniture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is great. Very suitable for everyday use
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
This daybed is a winner! It feels sturdy and looks great. I am very pleased with wood slat design - superior over a spring platform (more comfortable and no squeaks). The faux-leather (vinyl) is perfect for our household - it's durable, cleans easily, and softer than a wood framed bed. The daybed was delivered earlier than expected. It took over an hour for me to put it together by myself, but that was expected based on other reviews. Assembly was straight-forward. I purchased 2 good quality 10" inch mattresses at XXXXXX for both the bed and the trundle. Yes, a 10" mattress does fit in the trundle, but it is a very tight fit. There is no room for bedding on the trundle with the 10" mattress, but that's fine for us as we only keep a fitted sheet on the trundle mattress. My daughter sleeps on the bed every night. I've slept on both the bed and the trundle and had a great night's sleep in both cases. We pull the trundle out almost daily and it glides effortlessly on our carpet. I am so pleased with the ease of use, the overall look, and the value of this bed. The only thing that I'm not crazy about is that the back of the daybed does not go all the way down to the mattress platform, so there is a "window" along the back of the daybed just above the mattress. After shopping around at local furniture stores for daybeds and seeing poor quality beds at prices much higher than the cost of this daybed, I am definitely a very satisfied customer!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was as expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I am impressed with the quality of the product.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was accurate; however, the picture of the product does not reveal the gap along the back of daybed between the headboard and the mattress platform.
If I had to do it again, I would not buy such a large piece. Although, with trundle beds, it's par for the course. This trundle bed has withstood kids climbing and jumping on it... walking on it, like the arms are a balance beam... lol.. and it still looks good and functions well. :) Listing reads 'Dark Brown', but it is close to black -- as shown in the image. The style was really cool for a couple of weeks. My mistake.
It's really a beautiful classy piece of furniture....my son, who's 16 years old put it together, I just handed him the screws. It very easy and quick to put together.... the only thing that concerns me is the wood slats, not sure of sturdiness...so may head to *** for a few more. But I am totally satisfied...
This looks terrific in my husband's office. It being an office we didn't want the traditional daybed look. This worked perfect with the dark brown faux leather, fits in beautifully. The quality was better than I thought it was going to be and it was assembled fairly easily. We did not put a mattress in the trundle but rather put extra pillows, blankets, etc. there for when we do need to use the guest bed.