I am in love!! Timely shipping, jumping up and down when it was being delivered. I am redecorating the living room and hadn't planned on adding any red - or color at all - until I came upon this chair. My mind was made up immediately. The color is very true to the photo. The chair was constructed very well, all screwed and glued on the inside with a nice hardwood. The underside of the chair (that you can't even see unless you turn it upside down) is woven together with a very thick nylon and studded with leather knot buttons. Gorgeous!! It is a very large chair. I am 5'3" and my feet dangle off of the edge when I sit all the way back. The seat sits 18" off of the ground and is about 23" from front to back. It was very easy to put together, all ready for me to marvel at its level of comfort in under 15 minutes!! Buy this chair!!
I ordered two Charlotte chairs based on the other reviews. I received the chairs in two separate boxes very quickly in less than a week, maybe even in four days. Assembly was easy. The directions were clear and the allen wrench is included. The only glitch was that the first chair I assembled did not sit flat on the floor. It bobbled a bit until I slightly loosened the two front legs, sat the chair flat on its feet and then tightened the legs again while the chair was sitting on the floor and I was sitting on the floor. It was a bit awkward to reach up and tighten the legs that way and there might be an easier way to ensure that the chair sits flat, but that's what I figured out. The "leather" on the seats has a great soft feel and really looks like real leather. The seats are firm so you are not going to lounge in these anytime soon, but they are fine for seating when having guests over. As previously pointed out, the chairs are pretty wide and deep. This makes for a nice visual impact. I'm using these two chairs and a couch for my livingroom set, so I like the larger size. As a previous poster pointed out, there is a little touch of rust on the red. Amazingly, the red of the chairs matched my accent wall, very cool. The legs are solid wood and stained a dark brown. I would say that the color is dark walnut. The chairs look very modern and chic and are really spiff up my livingroom. I now need a new couch because my couch looks pretty icky next to the chairs. I should probably paint the walls too. And change my dining set. While I'm at it, I should probably change my TV area to something nicer like these chairs too. Perhaps new kitchen cabinets...... LOL.
The other reviewers here were the ones who sold me on these chairs. Thanks ! I was pleasantly surprised. The "faux" leather is very comfortable. I bought these two to use as desk chairs. I work from home and have a dedicated office, but I get tired of being "at work" when I'm doing personal on line business so I have a writing desk in the living room for my laptop. Since another reviewer here said they used their chair as a desk chair, I thought I'd do the same. The height is right. The color and style is GREAT. However, I don't like the slight recline of the back for a work desk chair. So I will be buying lumbar pillows for a little back support. I'm 5' 5" and maybe I sit at my desks differently than the other reviewer... But my comment does not detract at all from my satisfaction with these chairs. I'm very satisfied with my stylish new chairs. They really added some pop to my living room and my home office.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly as seen on my monitor
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. much nicer than anticipated
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I love this chair and it really adds pizaaz to my home office. It was not at all hard to put together--bascially 11 botls--and it feels sturdy. The "leather" looks like the real thing and the wide seat makes it very modern and stylish. A great find - I'm happy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The red, as one reviewer mentioned, is darker in real life than it is on the site. This didn't matter for my office, but if you need a vibrant red for your room, be advised this is more of a blood red.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality relative to the price is great!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very good. With the exception of the color being slightly different than pictured, it looks just like the photo.
This ia a wonderful addition to any room in the house and the color you see online is true when delivered. It took me about 10 minutes to put together. Very easy to assemble.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was wonderful. I am using the chair as an accent and it really make the room the complete.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The chair is very sturdy. I have a lot of friends that are heavy, big bone and I feel really confortable with them seating in the chair.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The site was very accurate in it description on the chair.
The chairs are a wonderful addition to my home. They are exactly what I was looking for, are quite large, and very comfortable. They were also quite well priced I thought. I received an overstock coupon just a few days after making my purchase, and they still honored it, which I appreciated very much. the only thing I will say is that they were not easy to put together. I have a friend who always puts my stuff together for me. He is a whiz, there's nothing he can't handle. It took him quite a long time to get the first one together, the second was a bit easier. Just for folks like me who find putting things together a challenge, be forewarned, you will definitely need help.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Spot on
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. These chairs are wonderful. Exactly what I was hoping and looking for.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on.
This is a really nice chair and I'd had my eye on it for a while. The reason I gave it 4 stars is 2-fold. While the chair is definitely a nice look I would not really recommend it for a living room "accent" chair - to me it looks more like an office chair, but maybe that's just my taste. The 2nd issue is that the chair isn't comfortable at all and it sits far back - you actually feel like you're falling into it when you lean back. A pillow would help but then it covers up the details of the chair. I ended up putting it in my bedroom since it matches my decor, and it's a nice chair to put bed pillows on and sit in when you're putting on shoes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly what you see online
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality, looks great. Can definitely tell it's not leather (a hard chair)
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love this chair and was so happy that I took the chance and bought two instead of one. For the price and the look and comfort of this chair I did very well!! This chair would compliment any area. I bought it in red and it is awesome.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was very similar to the onsite picture. Very rich looking!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very sturdy and comfortable. Not bulky but generous in width.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The accuracy of the description was right on point. There was nothing false abot it.
I had bought one chair a year ago and rearranged my living area and orderd a second one because I liked the first one so much. It was fairly easy to assemble and the quality is very good. No one knows that it is faux leather because it looks and feels so good. A steal for the price with free shipping and no taxes.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I loved the chair when I saw it on the site and loved it more when I actually had it in my home! It is a rich, deep red color which is just beautiful, puts a warm glow in my bedroom. Loved it so much I purchased a second one! The picture is very accurate, the chair can fit in nicely in different spots, you will be glad to have this cheering up your home.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent quality, well made and very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I didn't do my homework on these chairs. They are bigger than I expected, but I didn't take measurements. My fault. Nevertheless, I like them a lot. They are not very comfortable, but, yes, stylish. I'm small framed and can sit cross-legged on them with a small pillow for my back. I bought them for extra seating for company. I would recommend that you NOT buy them as your primary seating. As described, they are good "accent" chairs. I got the white, and the color is pretty close to the picture - more like an eggshell white - very close to pure white. Definitely not cream or ivory. I bought two. One of the packages had a few corners crushed in from the delivery. (Why can't anything ever be delivered without crushed packaging? Grrr!) But there was enough styrofoam padding to protect the chairs. Assembly is easy. Just like one of the other reviewers commented, one of the legs screwed on shorter, and the chair wobbled on a hard surface. Ours sits on a carpet so it's not noticeable; we can always add a rubber footie, if needed. Value? Well, I always wait to get a coupon from overstock. I might feel that quality was a little lacking if I had paid the full price. If used gently for just company, then I expect I'll get my money's worth. We have cats. It didn't take long for the faux leather to get punctured by a kitty that wanted to know what it tasted like. Again, that's my fault. But overall, I am very happy with the style of them.
I think all the reviews I read - were for the red version of this chair. I got the blue one to go with my color scheme and it is...AWESOME!!! The color is more pale teal blue than baby boy blue but either would've worked. Was relatively easy to put together by myself, about 1/2 hour. Very pleased with this purchase.