This is a beautiful bed. For the price, it is well worth the purchase. The bed is sturdy and compliments any room. I was very disappointed with the quality of the support that the slats for the support of the bed had to offer. The bed itself is a sturdy wood, however the additional slats that you would lay the box spring and mattress on were so weak that one of them broke in half in the process of setting it up. I also think that this bed requires more than three slats to support the box spring and mattress which is all that it came with. This required me to spend additional money on pre cut oak wood to offer the proper support. All in all, it's a great bed but be prepared to have to spend additional money separately to complete the set up.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Bright white
This bed was exactly what I expected from the frame. The headboard, footboard, and side boards were just as pictured. Very bright white and beautiful. But the 3 (yes, just 3) slates provided to hold the bed up are cheap composite wood! One of the slats broke in half within a day of setting up the bed. But not to worry. If you are willing to go to your local hardware store and purchase a few hardwood 1 in x 2 in x 6 ft boards (I got 1x4s as I didn't plan to use a box spring), the frame is very accepting of this additional support. I am disappointed with the cheap composite slats, but the fix was very easy. Overall, this is a good purchase and will last many years.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact Color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Frame is good, but slats are cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We bought this bed for my daughter. She loves it. My husband and I put it together in under 45 minutes. Delivered quickly and packaged well, so no nicks or scratches. After putting in box spring and mattress, it seems much higher than then most beds.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not a bright white, if you look at close up pictures color looks like that
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The bed was purchased for my daughter, and was just what she was asking for. After my daughter saw her sister's sleigh bed in wood stain, she really liked it and wanted one in white. This was the first time I had ordered furniture from Overstock, and was concerned about ordering furniture over the internet. The bed arrived in a reasonable timeframe, all the items needed for putting it together were in the boxes, and the color was as white as the picture. The bed was not too difficult to put together and looks great. The bed is sturdy. This was an excellent purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the bed as white as it is in the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the bed is excellent - sturdy and well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description of the bed is on target
We purchased 2 of these for a rental property 5 hours from our home. Drove the beds 5 hrs. to the property and opened the boxes to discover one white bed, and one black bed...both in boxes marked "white." Obviously a manufacturer mistake, not an overstock error. However, overstock was out of stock and would only refund our $$ once we packed up and shipped the wrong bed back. We had renters coming in in a week and Overstock would not expedite an alternative product to us...and we were five hours from home. We had to buy matching paint and paint the bed white, costing us $$ and a day of our vacation. But is would have been more of a hassle to drive the bed back home and return it and then make another 10 hour round trip, all the while having renters sleeping on the floor. Just be careful and open all boxes before taking product anywhere.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? quite awful actually, since we ordered a white bed and were shipped a black bed with white side rails
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality of the bed is very good, quality of the manufacturer employees is in great doubt
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? see color match comments
I am pleased with this bed. I purchased it for my daughter's bedroom. We were looking to upgrade to more of a tween decor. This piece is very versatile and gets a lot of attention from visitors. It does take a little time putting it together. Make sure you have about 45 minutes and to put it together.
Bed arrived scratched and chipped. You need to screw in the three support slats and AND use a box spring, bunky board or full set of fixed slats or the bed will collapse. The bed is not stable without the slats. It is a very pretty bed and I hope I can switch out the damaged parts but it has not been fun to go through this especially during the holidays when I really needed the bed.
I'm ambivalent about this review because the bed is beautiful but came to us with two big gouges on each side of the headboard posts. Overstock's representatives were kind but it may be months before we receive replacement boards, if at all. The bed is solid and very pretty but like the other reviewers said, the slats were really unusable and if you purchase this bed, you will need to buy additional slats. This is my first furniture purchase online, and I learned my lesson, I guess.
As for quality...I have only had it for a few weeks...so it is too soon to tell. It was pretty easy to put together and it looks good. We purchased a bunky board separately, rather than a box spring, to support the matress. Using this bed as a 'big girl bed" for our toddler after her transition from the crib. Great price for the bed.