I purchased these chairs for my custom poker table, actually I ordered 10 chairs. The chairs are very comfortable and can hold the weight of 250+ lbs. I have some big boys at my table. The width of the chairs are 20 inches. The color of the wood is actually a walnut / dark walnut finish. Chairs aren't hard to put together and are very sturdy. Can't go wrong with these chairs, great buy.
Comfy chairs, larger seating area than most other chairs...nice for us big guys. Putting these together was a snap.... watch out for the screws that attach the cross braces on the legs....the screws supplied with mine were way too long, good thing I noticed this and replaced them with shorter screws or the supplied screws would have went right through their adjacent braces. Note: before final tightening of all the screws place the chair on a flat surface and set on it .....to make sure all the parts settle into position, then tighten all the screws and bolts......done.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color match good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is right
These chairs are very good quality and of sturdy construction. We bought 4 for our kitchen and they look great. In the sunlight they look dark, dark brown, but in the evening they look almost black. If you are in need of some good sturdy chairs I would recommend these highly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description was very accurate.
This was my first online furniture purchase, and a real leap of faith. I am usually the type who goes to every furniture gallery within a fifty mile radius before making a decision. I wanted chairs to use with my Italian harvest/farm table that were more contemporary, and these chairs are perfect. I was quite happy with the short delivery time, and the ease of assembly. The chairs are well made and very comfortable. You would never believe they were so inexpensive. I have had many compliments. Thank you Overstock.com
I just love these chairs. They are a very rich chocolate/espresso brown. The padding is very generous in the seating and very comfortable (my husband is 6'2' 240lbs and is comfy in them). The chairs are seem very sturdy based on the construction and amount of screws and bolts used to put together; however, we just received and have not utilized them yet. Easy to put together (my 12 year old son did most of the work - tip the short bolts are for the front legs and put the seat together first and do not tighten the bolts all the way until you are finished). Excellent deal for the price - they look like leather. So very happy that I order 6 of them!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is very nice.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Overall I am quite happy with this purchase. It was my first online purchase of a furniture item. The only advice I can offer is during the assembly I found that the wood screws are all the same length so when attaching the horizontal support bar between the right and left sides my first screw went completely through the support I was attaching it to. It wasn't supposed to do that, so I had to make a minor repair. Once I knew the issue, then completing the assembly was easy enough. I am completely satisfied with the chairs, large comfortable seats and backs. Just what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It is as others have stated, a very dark brown, nearly black but acceptable.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very solidly built and comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was quite accurate.
I looked at several catalogs and online sites at dozens of chairs and these were the only ones that really caught my eye. I read past reviews and saw that everyone that ordered these chairs were very pleased with them. I love the rounded backs just because they are different from all the others. They were very easy to put together, about an hour for 4 chairs. That included taking them out of the box. They are comfortable to sit in and really look nice in my dining area. They look very expensive but were extremely reasonably priced. Also the communication was excellant. I was told thru email when they shipped and when they should arrive. They were on my front porch the day they were suppose to be.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color match was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Sturdy, well made and absolutely beautiful.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfect
Great looking chairs for even a better price! We ordered 20 of them to go in our new downtown tasting room. They look great - and are plenty comfortable and we hope they will clean up well if ever required. So far we have just used a damp cloth and it did the trick. The look of the "pleather" is real enough...not cheap looking and the color is a rich dark brown. The size is on a scale that would best suit someone who is a bit space conscious...not overly large but not too small either. We have had people over 250 lbs sitting in them and they appeared comfortable and relaxed.
We purchased 8 of the chairs to go around a custom made poker table that my husband purchased. They look great. Very sturdy and almost heavy for the size. They look great around the table and we are very pleased. The directions are slightly incorrect as another reviewer had warned. (two types of the screws are mislabled - i forgot exactly, but G is actually H and H is actually G - but you can tell by the number of screws of each if you count them before you start putting them together.) One chair had a crocked "peg" so it made connecting the seat to the back a little challenging, but it worked in the end. I recommend them, just be aware that there is a misprint in the directions. Took us about 20 minutes to do the first one and the maybe 5-10 minutes each following.
I bought 8 of these chairs to go with our new table. I liked how they looked okay, but my husband was sitting in one of them and he gently scooted back against the back of the chair and it popped! The wood had broken! We couldn't believe it!!! I don't know if that one chair had a flawed piece of wood or what, but I had not purchased the warranty and I needed at least 8 chairs, so I had to buy 2 more. Hopefully this was just a problem with this one chair because now I am worried and nervous that it will happen again and I am going to have to tell everyone not to put any kind of pressure on the back of the chair! I would not buy them again after seeing with my own eyes how easily that chair broke! I am sorry to have to be so negative on this review, but this is, in fact, what happened!
I couldn't be happier with these chairs! They arrived when expected, and are easy to assemble. I am thrilled with the quality and feel of the chairs. Everybody who has tried them comments on the comfort....and that is important. I would recommend them to anyone!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is a good match to photo.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Very sturdy. Look & feel expensive.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Described very well. They are exactly what I expected.
The chairs were fairly easy to assemble and are nice looking for my husbands "man cave" in the basement. they don't get much use but look good.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very sturdy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
These chairs are beautiful and were so easy to assemble. We were looking for something different than just the typical square back style of leather chairs and we love these. They are very sturdy and are super easy to clean. They were also fairly easy to put together - I believe it took two of us about a half an hour to put all four chairs together. Would definitely recommend these chairs.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exactly as described and appears
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
Looked quite a while for casual, comfortable chairs for my round breakfast table that wouldn't break the bank. These didn't disappoint! They are larger than normal chairs which makes them more comfortable for my 6'4 husband. I have ordered many items from Overstock and have had good success.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actual
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? actual
I bought 4 fo these chairs to replace some older ones. I am glad I did. I love them. The seats are comfortable and they are very sturdy.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? COLOR IS RIGHT ON!
- How is the quality of the product? QUALITY IS GOOD AND SOLID
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? THE DESCRIPTION WAS ACCURATE
I can't believe what a deal these chairs are.They are expensive looking, stylish and comfortable! I purchased a set of (4) to replace the wooden oak chairs that go with my oak kitchen table.They look great and I'm proud of my purchase.
I love these chairs. Simple classic lines, but solid and very comfortable. The first chair took me a little while (20 min), but once I got it, each chair took me 5-7 minutes. All holes are pre-drilled perfectly and all 6 look great and more expensive looking that it's price, no scratches anywhere, great packaging and fast delivery. I was nervous because of the low price and no ratings, but it was a great buy. They can be used as accent chairs too, because of their generous size.
Chairs are durable and easy to clean. When putting together be very careful. The screws go through to the other side and split the wood. I figure for the price I can live with some nicks and scratches. Going through normal wear and tear but still look good. I just re-tighten the bolts and screws from time to time but they have withstood the last four years now. I would buy again.