Perfect couch for son in his basement lounge, he is 12. It wipes off easily and is low sitting, perfect for the lounge/gamer room he has going on. The bottom where the back would sit one is made of a thin black lining (like the kind you would see under a boxspring) and he stepped through that the 1st day when he climbed over the top to get onto it instead of going around like a normal person. I stapled a heaver weight fabric on there (just like the other fabric is attached) and it seems to be holding up to even him. The seat back held up to him and his friends wrestling on it and hasn't broken, so that in itself should say it all. It is very comfortable to sleep on as well, something I have experienced 1st hand. The cats dug thier claws into the vinyl seat the 1st day I got it and left little pin holds but they are barely noticeable because the underlying fabric is off white all the way through. So in short, if this little sofa/futon can stand up to my family, it would be wonderful for anyone elses.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I was hesitant to order this futon at the time as it had not been reviewed yet but when it arrived I was pleasantly surprised. I was actually glad that the color was not truly white, as my office is beige, black and purple and it matches perfectly. I agree that this belongs in a smaller space and it is low to the ground but it is perfect for me and I like the firmness of the cushion. If you plan on using it as a bed however you should know that it is not suited for a tall person. I am 5'2'' and I fit comfortably but if you are over 5'7" you likely will not be too comfortable. Overall I am glad I made the purchase and the assembly is so easy (you only have to twist on the legs).
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Somewhat
- How is the quality of the product? Great for the price
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? yes, except for the color
So I took the plunge and ordered this futon after reading the only review available at the time. I guess you do get what you pay for even from Overstock! I recommend you check the dimensions because it definitely is small, with a low back and quite low to the ground. We want it for extra seating in our daughter's bedroom in front of the TV and for that it works fine. Would not recommend for a living room but maybe a small den or sun room. Ordinary end tables would be way too tall for this futon. It is definitely more a light beige color rather than even off white, I would say. Also, the back of it is black felt-like cloth and my husband accidentally put his finger right through it when unpacking the box. So be REALLY careful when you unpack it. If you have it sitting against a wall the black back won't show but we have it in the middle of the room so we have to deal with that too. On the plus side, it seems comfortable to sit on and the back has 2 different positions, one straight and one more reclined. In summary, we will be keeping and using it and I hope it holds up well for the price.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Not exactly
- How is the quality of the product? Fair for the price
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Didn't describe the black back
The size of this sofa is perfect for the 2nd bedroom in my NYC apartment. Also, the assembly was pretty straightforward. The overall quality of the product, however, is absolutely horrendous. The stitching is generally irregular, and they missed some stitches altogether--which causes the sofa to look cheap or even defective. If I could, I would post photos to show you how bad it is! Also, clearly, it has not been produced with much care, and nobody inspected it before shipping it--as there are threads hanging out from everywhere and the mattress doesn't really fold right (it creates a lump on the right hand side when upright). The color, too, is a bit weird. It is beige, yes, but it has a strange green tint to it, making it look like a hospital sofa. All in all, I regret having purchased this but, frankly, it is too much trouble to ship it back.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is fairly close to how it shows on my computer, but it has a "hospital green" tint to it.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolutely horrendous. The stitches are irregular (or, at times, missing), there are threads handing out everywhere, and the cheap legs won't screw in tightly.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The size was accurate.
Well, it's about what I paid for. A bit bigger than I'd thought, having read the reviews. Measure your space. It's heavy - 54 pounds, I believe, so if you want some little portable thing, this might not be it. The color is accurate with my computer screen, but get it in normal light (not the glamour light of the catalogue), and it kind of looks like a car seat. The backing is that cheapie almost paperish black, so it won't look good in the center of the room as pictured. Also, the legs are plastic and hollow and one of mine came severely chipped. But it serves as a futon - not squishy soft but not horribly uncomfortable. Might slide under the bed with the legs off to store for a pretty firm cot. It's not terrible and kind of cute.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Pretty accurately.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap backing. Cheap plastic legs - one of them broken.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate.
I bought this for occasional use. Its is literally falling part...Not only are the seat coils not holding up but a lot of the seams are ripping and coming apart. The sofa is VERY small if you are 5ft you can sleep on it other than that no one can fit comfortably. I would not recommend anyone purchase this; it is a WASTE of money, not I have to buy something else.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. POOR
The description says its white but it is more like a light biege color. But overall, its a little small but comfortable. Don't put it in a large room or it will look lost. We do like the look of the button tucks, but for the most part, it's not what we expected. Just really wanted white.
Nice futon. Works great for my home office and as a spare bed. Assembly was as easy as it gets. Only problem was the legs are hard plastic and on delivery one of them was broken. The leg was still usable and I just faced the broken part towards the inside instead of facing out.. so it looks ok..just disapointed it was broken.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Ok
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
It's a prefect couch for a small room. Not ideal to sleep on if you're even average height. Wish that O.co would've offered a matching ottoman.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? excellent
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Not happy with this purchase way too small! Wish I had not ordered this one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? yes
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. OK
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? poor
I recommend this sofa bed as a fashionable furniture piece for an office when you also need a bed. I agree with other people that it's not good for very, very tall people, but it works for average height people. It is well made and I love the contemporary style.
This mini futon is priced well. I use it in our library sort of as a filler. It is not very comfortable, however it looks amazing. It really brought the room together. I have not slept on it as a futon. It is a good size for a smaller person to sleep on though. I am 5"2 and could probably sleep on it fine. My fiance sits and plays the guitar on it. It is under **** so you can't expect perfection. I would purchase this again for another room if needed.
The back of this couch is black and ugly. It doesn't show that in any of the pictures. So it's fine when it is laid down or next to a wall but that was not my intention for it.It also doesn't seem very stable. I'm not sure I would recommend 3 people sitting on it and leaning back while it is in the upright position. You definitely get what you pay for. But it was really cheap, so I guess for the money it isn't that bad.
This product is extremely lightweight and easy to move. I am using it in my studio where it functions as both a sofa and a bed for short periods of time. It doesn't take up much space and works perfectly for my needs. It does sit a little low to the ground. For my purposes, I screwed bed lifts into the bottom of the legs to approximate a more standard sofa height. The color was a little darker than I anticipated from the photo. It's still a nice color... I was just expecting a lighter shade of beige.
The sofa is really small, I would say childlike. I was thinking of using as a spare bed for adult, but ended using it for my grandson.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color is the samr
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description is fine
It's small for you to sleep on if you're taller than 5'2". It is comfortable for a couple of nights, but then you can really start feeling the wood frame in the middle of it. It's a good price and it looks great in my small studio apartment.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
Total junk... I think this will break in just 15 minutes of use. The "faux leather" is paper thin, and feels like a plastic trash bag. The frame is flimsy, and the legs are hollow plastic. One leg actually broke as soon as a guest (thin woman) sat on it. I am using this on my balcony as a day bed. I do not recommend this product to anyone. Overall, I feel that the quality of overstock in general has greatly slipped, which is really too bad... I used to order a lot from them, but will definitely not order anymore, as recently, everything I have ordered has been of the poorest quality. Overstock... Please here this, and start stocking quality items again. Please!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? A little darker than expecting
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Absolute junk
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fairly - although it is completely un useable due to quality