These exceeded my expectations. They came well packaged and were relatively simple to put together. I found the instructions easy to follow and it took my husband and I about 45 minutes to put two together while watching a baseball game. I believe it will only take about 10 minutes per chair to put the rest together. The pieces went together well and nothing had to be "forced" to fit together. The wood is solid and substantial. The seat is wide and sturdy. These chairs are "bigger" in person than they appear in the picture. It is hard to get a feel from the photo, because it is just the chairs without any other furniture to reference. The color is a warm darkish brown, but not a red or walnut color. I would not call it espresso, maybe a chestnut or tuscan brown. There are variations, similar to distressing, like where it will be darker around the edges. They look VERY similar to these same style of chairs sold at a major home retailer. In fact, the only difference is that these do not have rush seats. To me, everything (quality, color) appear the same and I have many products from that retailer including the table I matched these chairs to. All in all, I think these were a great deal and would highly recommend to others.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very close to online picture - In person would say they are a warm brown, like a chestnut stain
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality. Solid and sturdy.
I purchased these chairs to go with a table that was ordered from World Market. I searched for weeks and finally settled on these chairs. I was a bit nervous ordering them without seeing them first but when they arrived I was more than pleasantly surprised! The quality is excellent! They are sturdy and well made. I was also very pleased with the color, considering that it seems that most chairs are only offered in espresso or oak. You cannot beat the price of these chairs, they are similar to those offered by Pottery Barn and Crate & Barrell for a fraction of the cost!! The chairs were delivered quickly and they did not have a scratch on them!! They were incredibly easy to assemble and the only tool that is needed, that was not provided, is a small phillips head screwdriver. The seats of the chairs are a nice size and the seat height (18 inches) is nice as well! Needless to say, I am very pleased with my purchase and would definitely recommend these chairs!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Better than we expected!
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They are great quality! They are sturdy and well made!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate!
Clean, simple lines but still holding to a french country styling. Was able to match these to a 40 year old pedestal table for use in a wine country inspired dining room. VERY similar to a well known furniture store... take a look for yourself. Easy to put together, everything fit perfectly in the holes provided.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? definitely a walnut color as described (it's not espresso or red-toned in anyway), true walnut brown
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. solid seating. comfortable. a fresh, modern update to a typically country style.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
Honestly, I was so happy when I received these chairs.. They are so easy to put together. I love the finish. Hard to explain color... It is a cool brown rather than a warm brown, maybe a tinge of olive brown (idon't know) Maybe it's just because the table that I am using with them is very rustic, with green in it, and it's making them look a litlle dark khaki-ish, .they have little blts of black rustic marks throughoutt. Anyway, goes perfectly with my table. I was worried they might be too big. The Chair dimensions listed are: 37.25 inches high x 19.75 inches wide x 21 inches deep. They are 37.25" high, however the actual measurements are 171/2 deep x 18"wide . I'm not sure where the 19.75 x21 inches deep. They are sturdy, well made, no flaws...you will be happy
I was very pleased with the Barnet side chairs. I paired them with two ladder back chairs for a casual cottage look. My husband assembled the chairs in about 20 minutes with no problem. One chair was missing the bottom side rails. I immediately called Overstock.com and they were mailed out in a couple of days. These chairs and sturdy and of good quality--you can't go wrong for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very good
Very good chairs for the price! The color is a really nice walnut color and works well with any dark furniture. The screws are easy to overtighten so keep that in mind. They are extremely similar to chairs from a certain barn of the Pottery type, but about half the cost (or less).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good for the price
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
I found a cool HUGE dining room table at a thrift store and was looking for chairs to go with it. I saw these on Overstock, read all the reviews and plunged in and ordered 8. They came very quickly and my husband put them all together with little effort. They are very classy looking and I look forward to the holidays to use them! They blend very well with my table. Great purchase!!!
I ordered 3 sets. They are cute, but the finish is not so great and the quality is not so great. One chair was delivered totally damaged. Tried the chat on the website, that was no help, called the customer service by phone. She said they'd send a whole chair. I started getting emails that they were sending a chair back. I replied that I was told I was getting a whole chair. After I received just a chair back I replied again to emails and was told they have already fulfilled my request of a whole chair. This was a horrible customer service experience. And I've ordered chairs from overstock 6 yrs ago and one chair came broken and we had to wait for parts.
Love these walnut chairs, they are perfect in my kitchen, the wood is a warm, cozy color, they are very well made at a terrific price. I shopped all over for chairs but the price was way too much until I found these on Overstock. They have a country feel to them, they are very comfortable and no cushion is needed.
Aside from the pain of having to put all of these together, the finish is terrible! The stain is sprayed on and uneven. Some even have drips and run markings in the stain. If I were using them for anything besides a casual get away cottage, I would send them back. The chairs are relatively stable when assembled and the size is good, but the pure pain of having to "undo" and ship back would not be worth it. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.
I love these chairs. They are a great deal for the price. They are sturdy and well-made and I love the way they look. Very pleased!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. well-made, sturdy,comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Excellent chairs, look great and seem quite sturdy. Easy to clean and easy to assemble. Be sure to use a drill and a socket wrench to make assembly easier, the tools supplied are incredibly inefficient.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Well made, solid construction, good hardware holding product together
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Everything came in a timely manner. No problems we noted. Shipping info was good and I was able to know when to expect my merchandise
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It was exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Excellant
Solid, well made for a very reasonable price. Stain matched my "tobacco" stained dining table but in bright sunlight can look lighter. Very please with the price and quality for these items, have 6 chairs and zero issues in the 2.5 years I've owned them. Did not have to return any items due to damage during shipping which has been the case with some overstock furniture purchases I've made but not these :)) assembly is easy, one person can handle it during their favorite tv show
We love these chairs! They are stylish and heavy. My toddlers haven't been able to tip them over. They are great quality. I ordered four and have room for an additional 2 more chairs at my large table, so once in stock I will be ordering again!
I bought 6 of these chairs a couple years ago now. They are very sturdy ... holding up perfectly to my boys and their friends! The color is a nice brown ... not reddish or orangish ... just good natural shades of brown. They look great in my farmhouse kitchen ... but could also be elegant in a different setting. These are great chairs ... strong and solid for 2 years so far. No problems putting them together ... just time. I would buy these again! I definitely recommend them! I love them!