I ordered two sets of chairs and they arrived in 8 days (which I thought was very quick) and I was thrilled when I unboxed them. I would consider them more sage than olive in color. The fabric is plush and they look very expensive. The wood legs match exactly to the cherry finish table we are using them with. I love the rolled back, it gives the chair great character. I feel these are a excellent addition to my dining room.
I bought these chairs for my dining room table, which we use everyday. I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old and the fabric cleans up very nicely. My little one got BBQ sauce on the chair and wiping it up with a damp sponge did the trick. Also, found a couple days old of syrup on the chair and a little warm water and mild soap, cleaned it right up. Very comfortable. We didn't have any issues putting the chairs together.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? not olive - sage
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Great
I fell in love with these chairs, so I broke my rule not to buy any furniture without sitting on it first. I will say they are beautiful--nice quality, very easy to put together (but I had a neighbor with an electric drill help me tighten the screws.) The legs are a light cherry--but match my antique oak table well. They are less red--more brown. My only complaint is that the seat is a bit firm--but some people like that. I don't use my dining room every day, so they will be fine, but I thought you should know.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? Yes...olive, but light, so it does look like sage when the nap goes in one direction
- How is the quality of the product? Fine--easy to assemble
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
I was so nervous about order furniture online, especially since I'm not an online shopper. The chairs are a soft shade of sage and lightweight, which makes sliding them out for seating easy. I have a rectanguar dining room table, so the curve of the chair backs softens the overall effect. Thank you!
I gave 4 stars on quality just because the type of material, which is kind of suede, leaves marks when touched. its just how the material is. but nothing wrong whit material. they look very pretty and are steady not shaky. color just like pic, a soft avocado green.
who knew chairs this inexpensive would be so neat? I took a chance. I am very satisfied. the chairs fit into a semi modern dining room that was stark with too much wood. The upholstery (microfiber/velvet) softens the tone. The chairs were easy for my husband to put together--it takes a strong arm to handle. My only complaint is that one chair is not steady but on our rug, no one will ever know. The one leg is just a tad bit shorter. Otherwise, all parts were shipped: the color is true, and the product is excellent for the money.
How many superlatives can I use to describe these green velvet chairs? Elegant, classic, stylish, strong, beautiful, and worth the money and more, are just a few. I had previously ordered another set of chairs, but was not too thrilled with them. Lo and behold, I searched until I found exactly what I wanted, which were these chairs. I ordered them right on time for their arrival for a luncheon that I was having the upcoming weekend. Oh my goodness! They looked as if they cost a lot more. Now one may ask why green chairs? My kitchen is two shades of yellow with green accents, and these green velvet chairs made themselves right at home. Please, if, you can afford to spend a little more, and want simple elegance, choose these chairs. I will be ordering another set in the near future. In conclusion, I must say that I do not take ordering online lightly; it took a few weeks before I took the plunge, and, I must say that I landed on my feet. I hope that this review helps you in your decision. Enjoy your beautiful chairs! Oh one more thing, the delivery time was exactly as stated.
Chairs arrived promptly in 2 pr. box. The assembly took about 1 hr. for 4 chairs which my husband did. Some adjustment needed to be made to level but it was accomplished quite easily. A couple of the chairs had some flaw in the micro suede at the top of the rounded back but nothing serious to return. Chairs are very elegant. Color is true to olive or dark sage green and go well with the light sage walls. I pared the chairs with my round oak pedestal table that sits on varied hued maple hardwood floor and the legs match both floor & table. I was happy to find chairs that didn't have too dark a stain on the legs.
2 years later I can say this has been one of the Best O purchases I've made!!! Love these chairs! The color is right on- the fabric is so easy to care for! I did spray the chairs with scotch guard which Has saved me with 4 kids! Love this product And the price is awesome!
These are fabulous chairs. I bought six as dining chairs for a large table and couldn't be happier--they were VERY easy to put together, quality is good, and the fabric and color (which is more sage than olive) are almost a perfect match to my sofa. The seats of these chairs are fairly firm, which makes them an especially good choice for dining table chairs. The curve of the back gives good support, and the legs (which come with pre-attached glides) move easily on laminate or wood flooring. I can't say enough good about these--and the price is absolutely right! Shipping was fast, and though I was a little concerned about the condition of one of the cartons, the contents were fine--everything is well-packed and protected with plastic and styrofoam padding.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Excellent match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Really like these chairs and feel the price is right, esp after looking at so many places for just chairs to go with a table I already have. Love the break in the material where you see the wood and the scroll at the top of the chair...definitely adds something more unique to the chair. Comfortable size seat/chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? a tad darker but totally satisfied with color; exactly what I wanted/needed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. comfortable; easy to assemble; packaged well; able to scotch guard without any color bleeding or transition
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very!
I ordered one set to see if I liked them. After assembling them (which took a short time) and putting them in the dining room I knew I had to order another set. They look so elegant. I never ordered furniture online and this was a good experience.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly what I expected from the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent. They look so rich and feel so comfortable. Very sturdy.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Spot on accurate
I have an "heirloom" birch dining room set with 4 windsor chairs. When I open out the table I needed more chairs to seat 6. I couldn't find any windsors that would match. An interior designer friend suggested I find something upholstered. What I really liked about these chairs when I spotted them on Overstock was that they were subtle. They arrived packaged well without any damage or flaws. They were easy to put together with an electric screw driver and once done are solid. They look lovely with my birch dining set because there's a bit of red in the wood. The olive turns out to be a very subtle green as shown on the O site. I have lots of eye-catching nick-nacks in my dining room so very happy that the chairs don't make the room look even busier. Extremely happy with this purchase and now can seat 6 beautifully for Thanksgiving Dinner!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Great Color Match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality so much better than expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate description
We purchased these to compliment 6 antique side chairs around a large diningroom table, very pleased with the results. Excellent quality looks like a very expensive chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? actually a very light olive green
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good quality for the price, looks more expensive
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
I wish my dining room was larger so I could order more. I love these chairs. This has really built my confidence in online shopping at Overstock.com.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality. Chairs are soft, plenty of seat padding. Very comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? If anything, the site didn't do them justice.
I shopped around quite a bit and ended up buying 6 of these chairs for my dining room. They arrived super quick & were easy to put together myself. Only suggestion I have is to loosely align all the bolts before tightening any of them to allow for small inaccuracies in pre drilled hole alignment. One chair was misaligned but once I loosened all the bolts I was able to make it work. One other note, these are a bit top heavy & can tip over with a little nudge, so might be unsafe for unsupervised small children. Otherwise, they are super duper comfortable, elegant, true medium sage/olive color, & versatile. These would look great in both contemporary and traditional decor.