I am still getting the hang of this bed. It is a lot better than my old spring mattress. The only thing that I wish were different were that it were thicker. It is fine for me but my dad, who is about 220 pounds, could feel the box-spring, I weigh 170lbs and I can't feel it when I am laying down. So just be aware of weight and thickness of the bed.
I got the plush-firm mattress. This mattress is great while lying down but if you are sitting you go straight to the bottom and can feel the hard box spring underneath. I wish I would have given a little extra for an 11". For sleeping it is a great mattress tho.
This is the second Swiss Lux I've purchased. They are so comfortable to sleep on. You don't feel when your significant other rolls over or gets out of bed. It stays cool in the summer and so far has stayed very comfortable in the colder months. On either that I've purchased, there really was no odor.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The product is excellent.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
I've been sleeping on this mattress for a month. With most memory foam it does take some time to adjust to the feel; completely different from an inner spring mattress. At first it felt a bit softer but as I've adjusted it seems to 'firm up'. I still find it comfortable; my dog is still undecided. It has taken a few weeks for the smell to completely dissipate. I put mattress pad and sheets on it the 24 hours after receiving so it may have helped to let it air a bit longer. Over all I'm pleased with the purchase and was pleasantly surprised by the quality versus the price. Some mattresses at this price point are hardly more than plywood and cotton balls. This was my first online mattress purchase but found the reviews very helpful.
This is a good mattress, but it's a little soft. The other issue was the new mattress odor, it took more than ten days to go away!!! If you are OK on a semi firm, kind of a soft mattress this is a good one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality of the product is ver good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
The mattress comes all rolled up in a box. Once you undue the box and cut the bag that the mattress is in it starts to expand. After about a day the mattress is at it's fullest. It's firm with out being overly stiff, molds well to your body. Overall for the price and value it's a great buy, you won't be disappointed.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As in description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
We were looking to upgrade from our old mattress and I had previously tried out a memory foam topper in college and knew that it would be comfortable, but it really went beyond my expectations :) only thing I would say is that it does have a smell to it that takes time to air out. Otherwise, great buy for the money.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It's very soft but also has a bit of firmness to it. Very comfortable.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
It was great from the moment I set it up I dont have anything negative to say about it besides the smell but that went away after a few days first memory foam bed so cant really compare it to anything else its good if you need a replacement bed
The mattress itself is ok. Comfortable but took a few days to get use to it. I was already using a memory foam mattress and loved it but this one seemed a little cheaper in quality. My husbands side got an indentation rather quickly. I wasn't to happy with that. This might last me a couple of years. Next time I will choose a different brand. It's OK for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was fine, cover was cheap
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The mattress was of good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The description said quilted cover but it was just a zippered pull on cheap cover
Good quality and good price. I was a bit scared when I received the box because it seemed too small. I had no idea that it would get to the exact size in a matter of seconds.(sigh of relieve). You cannot get any better for the price.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
It's a mattress so it won't change your life but it's quite comfortable and I have no complaints about it whatsover. I'm a big man and it's more than thck enough to handle my weight comfortably (and the dog's!) Over time it might wear or compress which miight lead me to adding another 4" of memory foam on the top or a box spring on the bottom but no need for now.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very comfy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
Not so firm if you used to not-memory-foam mattresses, but support is very good. I haven't have my back pain more than a month since me and my husband sleep on it. Pleasant feature of the memory foam is you can rock-n-roll your half of mattress without disturbing your partner. It still smells but it's getting better every day.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
I have ordered it for my son and we had been accustomed to those kind of martresses living in Europe most of our lives and I am always a bit sceptical what to expect ordering a product on a website without seeing it or testing it first. We were pleased with the quality of it and my son is ever so happy. I must say he is 15 and 6'2" tall and 175 lbs and said after trying it for a few nights .." it feels like sleeping on a cloud"...to point out to all of you considering this mattress it is absolutely fundemental to use it only with slats base so it can breathe naturally and conforms to the bodyshape 100%!!
We bought two of these mattresses for our twin 12 year old boys. They love them! They sleep all night long and the smell of bacon doesn't wake them up in the am. :) The mattresses arrived in boxes and were extremely manageable to maneuver up the steps. We unrolled the mattresses and placed them on the beds. By the next am they were fluffy and ready to sleep on. Our other kids now want new mattresses! The price and value of the mattresses is well worth it! Do not hesitate buying this item...you will not be disappointed!
I am very satisfied with this mattress. I expected some smell after it's out of the package but to my surprise it did not at all. The workmanship is fine and I am glad that I made the decision to purchase this one. I slept on it for two nights (it's for our guest bed), a bit too firm for me but I see it just a preference, no big deal.