Purchased a beautiful EKing bed from Overstock and asked for their assistance in selecting a mattress. They suggested we try the SwissLux 10 inch European-style memory foam mattress. Have loved the mattress from the first night we slept on it. Husband is a tall, large man and was not certain he would like the firmness. He was the first to say how much better felt after sleeping on this mattress.
Swiss lux is more on the firm side of mattresses but I greatly enjoy it. I often have back pain, shoulder and hip pain from my job but I know as soon as I lay down I will be resting comfortably. I actually loved this mattress so much I purchased a second one of a smaller size for use when I am staying in another state!
A friend with back problems recommended this bed to us so we had high expectations. We opened it up in an empty spare room and within a few hours it was full size. We didn't notice any odor at all actually. However we didn't really go in the room for a few days and weren't sleeping on it. Overall we had it out of the bag for two days before sleeping on it. I am not sure how anyone would consider this firm! I mean it has a gel top and I sink into it and after 20 minutes or so I feel like the mattress is swallowing me. I am normally a stomach and side sleeper and due to sinking into the mattress my back killed me the first few days. I try to sleep on my back more and it doesn't bother me as much. My girl friend normally sleeps on her side and her back is still bothering her. We have been sleeping on it for about a week now and they say the adjustment period is 30 days. Honestly if it wasn't nearly impossible to return it I probably would. I want to love this mattress and I love the idea of a memory foam mattress, but I can't love it.. Coupled with the fact it will start sagging after a few years (friend had his for 3 years now and he said his is sagging).. This may be a better purchase for a store than online next time.
We got about a year out of this mattress and after that started experiencing the sag that goes along with off brand memory foam. After flipping it over, we got another month or two, but it's now sagging severely. I thought for awhile that the inexpensive mattresses were the way to go, but after 3 cheap mattresses failing in about as many years I'm getting a name brand mattress with a warranty.
After about a year my husband and I noticed where each of us lay there is a dip (we r not BIG people) I thought memory foam is supposed to hold up MUCH longer....NO I did not buy the extended warranty guess I should have or I should have bought a name brand one..will never buy a mattress on line again!!! I will go to a bedding store!!!!!
We have had this mattress now for about 2 years and still can't wait to get in bed every night! So comfortable . It is not Hot like other memory foam mattress's. Very pleased and will defiantly buy this brand again. best lb of foam for the price.
My husband & I were a little skeptical, but a friend highly recommended this product, so we thought we'd take a chance. It took a little getting used to the fact that when you get on the mattress, it doesn't give like a conventional mattress, but I have to tell you, we both sleep so much better. My husband used to get up after 3 or 4 hours but now he sleeps right on through the night. It only took him 2 nights to get used to it, but it took me about a week. We love it & wish we had bought it sooner.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Because of the previous reviews about the smell, we decided to air this out for 5 days instead of 2 & that took care of the smell.
This is the worst smelling product ever. Our entire bedroom reeks and so does all our bedding. We've had the mattress for several weeks because we keep hoping the smell will dissipate as claimed on the listing. My hair smells of mildew every morning and our clothes stink from just being nearby in our closet. I ended up putting an allergen cover on the mattress and the smell stopped for all of 4 hours. I cannot even sleep in the bed without my nose clogging and difficulty breathing. This is our 4th foam mattress, so I was extremely surprised by how nasty it is.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Terrible
This mattress was delivered FAST! It arrived compressed and rolled in a long box, about 16" by 16" by 80". I had to cut the box apart to get the mattress out. The mattress is also quite heavy and compacted. Once it was out, and the plastic was opened, I could immediately smell the chemical composition of the mattress. It was noticeable, but not at all unbearable. Once the bed was rolled out, it immediately began to expand. Initially it appeared small (width x length) but as it expanded, it grew larger and filled the area. The total expansion takes about two days, but I slept on the mattress the same evening with no discomfort. The odor lingered for several days and again was noticeable, but not pungent or intolerable. I LOVE the mattress. I have been sleeping on it for a couple of weeks and it is very comfortable. I was concerned I would sink into the memory foam, but because of the weight distribution across the mattress, that is not at all the case. The mattress is firm, and very supportive. I sleep very well on it. The mattress is about 10" thick fully expanded and is less thick than my previous pillow-top. It took me several days to get used to the decreased height of the mattress, and now it is no longer an issue. It would be nice if the mattress were thicker, but I think simply elevating the box springs in probably the solution. There is plenty of padding on the mattress. I am a decent sized guy, 6'4" and 230 pounds, and the mattress supports me well. There is little chance anyone who is not in Guinness could bottom out the mattress. No regrets here. I would do it all over again. Great price for a great mattress! GET ONE!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? n/a
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is as expected
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is accurate
i loved this from day one, had a lot of people say its the most comfortable bed they have ever slept in! am buying a queen very soon.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. very very well made
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
When I first got the shipment the box was really worn. I wondered even if I should open it since the outer box was in such bad shape.However there was a second box that was in excellent condition, The unit comes double boxed, wrapped and rolled in plastic and vacuumed pack in a plastic bag. Once the bed was unrolled it began it's magic of returning to form. Some say their mattress has an odor for a few days but I smelled nothing. I let it sit for 3 days without getting on it so it would achieve it's full size. After my 3 days I sleep very comfortably on this mattress and do not even move when I fall asleep. I had no problem adjusting to the firmness of the item. When you get off of it the mattress pops back into shape. I have not experienced being hot on this item.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of my product was exactly as promised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The description of the product is accurate
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I love this mattress, so far anyway. I have only had it for a few weeks but so far it's exactly what I was looking for.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good quality and very comfortable
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Perfectly accurate
This memory foam mattress is wonderful. Best sleep ever!!!!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. wonderful fabulous
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very accurate
was easy to adjust to - no longer need several pillows to try to get a good nights sleep! i let the mattress air out for approx 8-10 days before i slept on it - i did not notice any strong smell - similar smell that the memory foam pillows have.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
After years of spending thousands on traditional mattresses, I'm kicking myself for not having taken the plunge into memory foam. I love that it comes in a roll which made navigating the doorways a breeze. We let it air out for a few days to get rid of the chemical smell which wasn't as bad as described. My husband and I love this mattress. Our only complaint is that it is sooooo comfortable, we have the hardest time getting out of bed and I can't believe I got it for a fraction of what I'd paid for a spring mattress.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
This mattress is awesome. If you are in the market for a foam mattress -- this is it. It is comparable to the better known brand at a fraction of the price. Even though most time "you get what you pay for", I think you get more than what you pay for when you purchase this bed at the reduced price on O. It is so comfortable!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It looked like the picture shown on O website.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. It is so comfortable and much less expensive than the better known name brand.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.