In the picture these lamps look great. We thought that they would be a nice addition to our home. The lamp shades are acutally a dark beige, ours had grease and spots all over them. The base of the lamp it painted white, nothing pearl about it. They are made so poorly that if you even touch them they almost fall over. Overstock is taking back, and hopefully will give us the proper refund.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Not even close
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. They look like they came from a garage sale or a flea market, They were so dirty and looked nothing like the picture.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not on bit accurate
The creamy white color of the swirl base is so elegant on my bedside tables. I simply love them.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the actual lamps was even more lovely than on the site..
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty accurate
I have been looking for lamps for a couple of years, when I came across these on line for my bedroom. They arrived and I just loved them, the picture does not do them justice. I ended up putting one in my livingroom, and it changed the hole room. I'm hoping I can buy a single one so I can put the other in the bedroom. Highly recommended!!!
These came to me packaged incredibly securely. Took nearly 15 minutes just to get the box opened and get them out. The shades were not creased at all, but the seams at the top are not even. The bases have a very slight texture to them, and either the surface themselves or the paint work left many small blemishes that are visible when the lamps are turned on. The color also looks very creamy pearl on the site and they are much more silver white in reality. I kept the lamps up and working for nearly a month trying to decide if I could live with the blemishes and the more I look at them, the more noticeable the blemishes become, so I am returning the lamps to Overstock. They are a good price and if they are going in a non-prominent place in the home they may work better. I bought them for my bedroom which is not large and they just don't work.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? More silver white base than cream
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Blemished surfaces, more apparent when lights are on
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Measurements were accurate
The product arrived amazingly quick and was very nicely packaged. However, the lamp finish was scratched and marred on the front of the body which only became more obvious when the light was on. It must have left the factory with the marred finish as the packaging was solid. Otherwise, it was a very attractive Art Deco shape and substantial weight, and but for the finish, they would have been a good value. That said, the shade was a little cheap in appearance. Overstock's customer support was wonderful and promptly and professionally processed my return. This was my first ever return with Overstock and it was painless, even before Christmas! Overall, they have earned my future return business. Thank you to the lovely employee I spoke with as she was very helpful. I gave the product an "average" because of the finish problem and the appearance of the shade's fabric.