I'll start from the top. This was not the table set I wanted -- I wanted the black version of this set, but I needed a dining room set and this was the right price point. After compromising, I am pleasantly suprised with my satisfaction. Let's take it through the numbers. Style - Clean lines throughout. To those that hate modern furniture, you might hate the lack of scrolling and curves, but since modern is my taste, I am all about this style. The photo is just a tad misleading - the color is just a tinge lighter than it shows, and since dining sets generally go under a chandelier or direct lighting this is magnified a bit. However, its not like it is tan, nor is it so light that the picture is misleading. Just realize when it says dark brown, it means more brown than dark. But as I said up top, I wanted the black version but found myself happy with this one. Construction - Solid on the table, no complaints there. The chairs have some functionality problems for my... well... wider friends. The chairs are a tad narrow so there is some stability problems for them. But then again, the chairs are solidly constructed. Putting it together - Its surprisingly quick. The table requires just four screws and its up and running -- like all tables, this must be done with the top down, so be sure to look out for stray screws and other potential scratch hazards before doing this. The chairs take a bit more time, since there are several more screws then the table, but do not present any further difficulties - if you can do the table, you can do the chairs. However, be sure to note that there are three different lengths of screws that look the same. Where you put each length is critical, and at first I didn't catch that -- so I had to redo two chairs and burn another 15 minutes. Oh well, I'll be sure to read the manual more closely next time. Packaging - Comes in three parts that are well packed. One box for each two chairs, and a big ole box for the table. The table box is pretty heavy and awkward. If you are moving it any distance then use two people - show some respect for your lumbar folks. If you pick it up from the ups or fed ex store, all three will fit in your sedan if your back seat goes down. If you have a truck... well... I guess you can laugh at us car folks. Overall Great Buy - Very happy with the purchase. Would buy again (especially if the black version was in stock)
As a chef, I often entertain people at home at dinner parties, and require pretty solidly built dining chairs. When I saw these, I was attracted to the faux leather -- which I find very easy to maintain, and the eco-friendly rubberwood. The design is simple, with elegant lines creating an attractive silhouette that adds a level of urbane sophistication to my dining room. Extremely comfortable, sturdily built, they have a nice weight and presence that makes them look like chairs that are three of four times as expensive. Thank you Overstock!
I am very satisfied with this purchase. It was easy to assemble (I did it alone) and looks great. The table is made of sturdy wood. The chairs are very light and on the narrow side (not good for people of wider girth). The set looks very stylish with a Scandanavian flair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Product is well made; looks much more expensive than it is.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I had been shopping for a new dining set for awhile--which can be a pricey effort. Until I came across this find. Exceptional pricing, quality and value. Deep luxurious tones that match. So perfect for Holiday entertaining.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? ok
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? fair to OK
I purchased this for my college age son in August I advised him to make sure there was no scratches, dents etc. he said there were a couple that were not very noticeable. I did not see the set for myself right away as I live in another city. When I finally saw it I was very disappointed at all the scratches that were there when he received it. The chairs seem to be of decent quality and the set is perfect for a small dining room. It's jut too bad that the items can't be protected better during shipment. I would have returned it had I saw it first hand. Nice set but beware it could come damaged.
Decent set for a small dining room, however the table might be a little too small for the chairs that accompany it, but I can make do. Biggest issue was some dings on the side of the table and two of the chairs don't "sit" evenly. Luckily they sit on a rug and not the hardwood so you'll never notice.
we use this every single day. The chairs are comfy. The color is nice and modern. We love the look of this but are already in the market to replace it after almost 2 years. Maybe it is our fault for not saving the care instructions ( I am not sure if it came with any or if we threw them away) we have moved since buying this set. The table top is almost sticky and leaves water marks all the time. I normally wipe with a clorex wipe and the wipe always ends up brown. This product served its purpose but I want something bigger and something with a better finish. You get what you pay for so I am not complaining.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? just right
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. the table top has a weird stain on it that is hard to clean and marks up easily
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
This is a perfect fit for the small dining room in our downtown apartment. Chairs are comfortable. Overall, very easy to put together, but it does take a little time. Satisfied customer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? As expected
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good
We really like love this set! It looks great in our apartment! We had no issues with the delivery or the set up. A few of the legs had minor nicks but nothing you notice unless you are holding it up to your face. Set up was easy, but definitely went quicker with a rachet screw driver thank with the tool they provide.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Chairs are sturdy and so is the table
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
3 out of the 4 table corners were damaged in the shipping process. The product was not properly protected for shipping. It is a cheap-lightweight product. Lesson learned - you get what you pay for.....however the OverStock Customer Service was EXCELLENT!!! They went above and beyond to make sure I was ultimately a satisfied customer!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The table was more red than brown, but the chairs were the dark brown that I was looking to have.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Cheap. Cheap. Cheap.....and lightweight.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The dining set looks great, but overall poor quality. The wood had a red color vs. brown-black.