I don't understand why people give everything 5 stars even if they had a horrible experience with it. 5 stars is reserved for surpassing expectations above and beyond what you thought it would be. As you'll read from a majority of the posts, in both chairs I ordered, shipped separetly, they both were missing all but a few nuts and bolts. The ones I did find were jingling in the box and probably fell out somewhere between China and the US. Like everyone else, Overstock seemed to know right away which to send, and that it was a regular issue. Furthermore, the holes to put the bolts in didn't match up right. You'll notice this in other posts too. In each chair I have, there are bolts missing because the holes drilled aren't even close. I expect them to be able to drill a few holes in right. The quality is so-so, nothing special, but it'll work. I bought this because of all the good reviews, and then read into them and realized we all had the same issues. Stop marking everything 5 stars!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? It's not all white, its grayish
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. cheap
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ehh
Nice transitional style, more on the traditional side but still able to pair with other styles if you are eclectic. Just received it, so the seat is somewhat firm; I expect it will break in with some wear. Good proportions and substantial but not overwhelming.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very similar - photography makes it difficult to see the nice texture of the fabric
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
This is the first piece of furniture I've ever ordered online, and I am very happy with the whole experience. It didn't take long for delivery, the chair came in excellent condition, and the quality/look of this chair was better than I had hoped.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on the site looks very close to real-life, but I have to say looking at it in front of me the texture of the fabric is so much more attractive than I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I was worried about the quality of a chair that came mailed via UPS to my front door (this is my first), but after attaching the legs and putting it in my living room, it looks like an expensive showroom piece. Not even kidding.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
Came in on time, packaging took a beating from courier, has me worried but the chair is unassembled so it can bounce around moderately without to much threat for damage (actually a wood support in interior frame was split, but it seemed non critical to safety). Chair built, look is excellent. Would def buy again.
I read the reviews for this product for several weeks before purchasing. Most were positive. My two chairs arrived in perfect condition to my front door. There was no problem attaching the legs. Everything lined up perfectly. The color is a pale linen tan with shadings from white to ecru. The monitor does not accurately represent this, but it is beautiful. There were no defects with the decorative nail heads as others had mentioned. Yes, the seat is firm and that is the way I like it. I am more than satisfied with the product, the price, and the quick delivery.
Chair is fantastic quality for price. Shipping was very fast. Plan to get matching sofa/loveseat set now. Not very comfortable. firm but extremely elegant. And good looking. Would not recommend if you spend hours on sofa watching tv or such. But if you want good looking elegant contemporary furniture I would def. recommend. I am very satisfied with this purchase. However I bought a 200 tufted Baxton ottoman, was told colors match exact. And the ottoman is not even close to same shade of beige. Not even somewhat close 5 times darker. So def don't let overstock talk you into that buy. Beyond it the ottoman is just ridiculous in size. Although I should have read measurements. It is the size of a large coffee table, and well. Dosnt go. will give it away, will need to spend *** to ship it back so might as well give it away. Either way got the club chair at sales price. And am extremely happy with chair.
This chair is beautiful and exactly what I wanted. The color of the linen weave is more tan (or beige) on my chair than it appears on my computer screen, but that is what I was hoping for. Shipping seemed slow, but I think that's due to it being Thanksgiving week. When it arrived, it was missing 3 screws and 6 metal gaskets which are needed to put the legs on. I chatted with Overstock and they contacted the manufacturer to send me replacements; however, I was so anxious to use this beautiful chair that I sent my husband to the hardware store to purchase the screws and gaskets for less than $5.00. It was very easy to put together once we had all the parts. If you are thinking about buying this chair but feeling insecure about buying one online, feel confident that this chair is true to description and excellent reviews.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color on my screen is lighter than the actual product which has more of a tan hue--which is exactly what I wanted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality, sturdy, tightly upholstered
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
I really like this chair. The proportions are great and it is a good medium sized chair. The fabric is a nice quality and the color is true to the picture. But... on the back side of mine, the fabric is pulling away from the frame of the chair. The staples/nails are not on tight enough.
I have been eyeing this chair for the longest time. Previous reviews showed that people loved the chairs. Once I could get them I quickly ordered them and love owning them. They are beautiful, light weight and very classy looking Overstock have them well priced.
Like everyone else, I shopped around and this is a good price for the *look* of Restoration Hardware or Pottery Barn, which is double in price... that being said, once I got this chair, I was very disappointed in the comfort factor. They used an extra firm (stiff, no give) cushion for the seat and back. This is NOT a chair you want to sit in. For the money saved I may buy a replacement insert cushion for the seat as the cover is zippered, for about $***, so for that I will give it an extra star. (nothing you can do for the firmness of the back).
Just got the chair and assembled it today. Took about 10 minutes to unpack and get everything together. They even include a wrench for you. Pretty easy stuff. As for chair itself, it looks rather elegant considering what we paid. Everything looks as is pictured except some of the nail heads were misplaced and uneven near the bottom. If you didnt get down and check it out at eye level you'd probably not notice, but its still there. Definitively an imperfection.
These chairs look beautiful but definitely are not comfortable for sitting for long periods. The fabric is very nice and the color was as described. I ordered two of them for my living room and they shipped at different times which was not a problem except when the first one arrived the holes did not match up to bolt the legs on so my husband had to drill them larger and wider. The second chair arrived and the legs went on just fine except the nail head trim was coming off and not lined up evenly on the side of the chair leg. I had to remove them and attach them properly. The side seam on this chair was not sewn properly and gaped open in one place so I repaired that also. They look nice and for what I am using them for they will do fine and for the price I paid I cannot complain too much. You get what you pay for so a few problems to deal with was not all bad. If it was something I could not fix then I would have returned them. Overall they were not perfect but pretty all the same.
Not sure I assembled it correctly (leftover parts), but it looks great, is comfortable and became my favorite reading chair.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? precisely
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice chair, imperfect detailing, but decent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
This is a lovely chair. Great style and flair. The only reason this chair got 4 stars instead of 5 was that there was a mix up with the legs. But, as usual, Overstock was quick and helpful with a solution.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good description.
I don't know how to return this chair, because I no longer have the box to ship it in. Any ideas?
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? true to description
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Where the arm meets the back of the chair has already torn. I am not happy with this!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good