I bought the slipcovers to cover an overstuffed burgundy brocade sofa and love seat that were still in good condition but needed an update. I chose Antique and couldn't be more pleased with the color! I removed the skirts from my sofa and love seat and then applied the covers and was amazed at the difference, the sofa and love seat have a clean modern look now. The slipcovers allow plenty of room to stretch, yet fit the form of the sofa and love seat well. I also bought upholstery straight pins (T-pins) that can be found at discount or fabric stores and used them to pin the slipcovers up under the arms to give them a nice close fit resembling a custom made to fit look, and to pin any excess slipcover into a neat seamed look at the corners.The slipcovers also allowed enough material to tuck and pin under the front of the cushions to give them a two piece style slipcover look. My husband was amazed, he had been boycotting the idea of slipcovers because he didn't like how the arms and corner details of furniture lost their definition under slipcovers. Taking the time to use the T-pins made all the difference. I can't speak as to every day wear and tear with these slipcovers as mine are on living room furniture that is rarely sat upon, but for me they worked perfectly. These slipcovers are washable, another plus. The only negative thing I have to say about these is that the slipcovers do show some folding lines and creases from the packaging, although it may be less visible on the darker colors of the slipcovers. All in all, I highly recommend these!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Antique color is darker and not as gold as it appears, more of a camel color.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality!
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Good, but it doesn't mention that these are Surefit slipcovers.
Make no mistake, this is a "Surefit" brand product, and is incredibly well-designed, well made w/ high-quality, thick/soft/luxurious/stretchy fabric- I took 1 star off for poor color choice. Apartment sized Sofa falls right in-between Sofa/loveseat measuring/fit guidelines, I purchased both, here's what I found: Sofa size slipcover is WAY too big for my 73.5 inch LazyBoy Apartment sized Sofa. The loveseat size slipcover fits MUCH better. Fabric remains very sumptuous & thick / opaque enough even when stretched taut-The vibrant floral print of my upholstered sofa does NOT show through underneath. These slipcovers are made to be very fitted and customized when stretched tight. One problem- The "Antique" color, the closest I see in this slipcover to a "neutral", is just icky ugh horrible... A greenish/mustard- baby-puke BROWN. It's not as shown on-line- it's SO much darker. Sorry to be so graphic- The color is just really awful. Extremely dark, dingey, depressing, just plain bugly. I am returning it for another slipcover in a much lighter/brighter "natural" shade. Thx for reading, best luck!
This slipcover was exactly what I had expected. The color was a great match to what was posted online, and it was easy to put onto my couch. It's as soft as they say - very comfortable to sit and lie on. I washed it once before putting it on, but it's got a faint smell that doesn't go away after a single wash. It's hard to describe the smell, but it's pretty distinct and I think it's common to a lot of chenille items. I would recommend washing this a couple times before using it.
I bought this slipcover to cover a 20-year-old burgundy Ethan Allen couch that I couldn't part with. It still had plenty of wear, but the color was dated and it had a few stains. The slipcoverwent on very easily and looks great. Even my husnband, who was skeptical and didn't see the need for a slipcover, thought it looked awesome. The one problem I noticed is that after people sat on it, it would come out of the crevices and look bad. I ended up ordering these plastic things from Pottery Barn that you put down into the crevices to hold the fabric in place and now that doesn't seem to be such a problem. I got it the slipcover on sale, so the value is definely a good one.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color is true to swatch shown.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Fabric is a little thin, but still looks good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate.
I bought this slipcover to hide a hideous red and green plaid couch that is still in good shape structurally. What a difference! I chose taupe for the color, and it's such a great, versatile, neutral color. The material is very soft and cozy feeling. You do have to re-tuck it in when you get up which is kind of a pain. I think I'll be buying the plastic things to hold it in place better. But it's still worthwhile. The look is a little plain by itself since you can't see seams of the couch or anything, but I added a couple bright red throw pillows and that helped a lot. It's worth a lot to me that I can take it off and wash it without too much of a fuss. Great product! :)
I searched all over the internet for the best value for a slipcover and purchased this one. I still think I made the best decision. I love the stretch in it. Makes it look more natural and not like a sheet. At times though the "stretch" makes it pull out from the cushions so I tuck it back in. Not a big deal to me. The ease of assembly is tricky. This is a slipcover so it is NATURALLY hard to put on. I think this one is average for getting it on the couch. Once it's on though it stays really well (except for getting a little loose where you sit down.) It feels soft to the touch and the color is true to the picture. The only thing I didn't like about this slipcover is the fabric shading creases from packaging. I thought when I washed it, the fabric fibers would all lay in the same direction and it would lose the creases in the fibers/shading. Nope. Still has them. To be fair, I only washed it once. Maybe if I did a couple more times it would work. So basically, this product is not the same as getting a new couch. But for a slipcover, it does a good job and I'm glad I have it.
Purchased this and the Love Seat Slipcvoers a number of years ago in the Sage green colour. We had "inherited" two pieces from the family which were structurally in good shape, but stained. Have laundered this a number of times and it washes and dries to look just like new.
Good product, best one I have found and great price too. Have to keep tucking them but not a big deal. Have bought in different colors
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Matched
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very
I got this in sage green for my couch and love seat. They apply easily-great elasticity and good fit. I have laundered them twice since getting and they launder quite well, seem softer after. maintains color and re-apply well with no loss of elasticity or fit. Great price.
We love this cover. We wer given a huge sofa that was a maroon/burgundy color. Didn't go with our decor, so I purchase this Sage colored cover and love it! It looks and fits perfectly.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is amazing
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Very accurate
Very pleased with product. Was actually very surprised by the quality of the product and how well it fit. It fit so well that people thought I got a new couch and love seat.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. The quality is very good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? the description was right on.
This slipcover was recommended for odd size sofas. I have one of those, and with a little creative tucking this slipcover has worked well. The purpose was simply to protect the furniture from the new dogs; the bonus is that it matches my curtains perfectly, looks nice and washes well.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was same as the web site.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. quality was good.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? description was accurate.
It's a great product I can recommend it to everyone. I was hesitant to try but reading the reviews I chose this one and it couldn't even be better. Everybody now thinks that I got a new couch...:)
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. great
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? accurate
The fit for the couch is a lot better then the loveseat these products have brought new life into my furniture
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? tru to color
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
i purchased this a while ago. It never did fit my sofa. It was too large and hung to the floor in places. I was trying to protect my furniture from pets and it worked for that.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? ok