This couch cover is supposed to be fitted, using stretch material. While the material is stretchy, there was too much of it (kind of defeats the purpose of a stretch fit, doesn't it?). My couch is actually a tad bit longer than regular sofas, so the fact that there was STILL extra fabric is a problem. And I can't just 'tuck in' the extra fabric on the cushions because they are T-cushions, so if I pull the excess fabric to one side, it doesn't fit the shape of the T on that side. My cushions are a little longer than a standard couch's, and are of average thickness. My guess is if your cushions are on the thicker side, you may not have this problem. It's also bunchy at the bottom, which is unattractive, but not a deal breaker. What really gets me is the color... Uhg. I ordered the "Sand", which in the picture appears to be a light tan color. The picture in the package they came in looks like the one on the website even! But these covers are not tan at all. They are brown. They are literally the color of dry cocoa powder. Which is very unflattering on a souch, trust me. I think this is because of the "Stripes", which you can't really see in the photo. To be fair, these covers are labeled "Sure fit stretch STRIPE", but based on the website photo I figure that was just the texture. Well, it is the texture, but what yo can't see in the photo is that the striped are tan (the only color you see in the photo), and a much darker brown. Which is why they turn out looking a yucky brown color in person. On the other hand, regardless of the excess loose fabric, these covers still stay MUCH nicer looking and less messy than once piece covers I've tried, and if you chose pretty much any other color, I'm sure it would have been fine (A darker blue or green than pictured is much better than getting brown when you were expecting tan). So I give 3 stars (average). Took away a star for the loose fabric (it says it's sure FIT after all), and took away a star for the horrible misrepresentation of the color/stripes. I also had purchased the sofa cover, and had all the same problems. I read every review on here before purchasing, and I ignored the less than favorable ones because there were so many good ones. Wish I hadn't. Wont return b/c it's such a hassle, but given a second chance, I would not purchase these again. :(
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very poorly
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems ok so far.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? 50/50
I hope this review will help those who face the dilemma I struggled with. I have a small sofa with the following measurements: 75.5 from outside of one arm to outside of the other arm 67 from one end of t-cushion to the other end I was concerned that the sofa slipcover would be too large, so I called Surefit who agreed the size posed a dilemma and suggested that, since it was a sofa, I try the sofa size first. I did, and it was huge--gobs of fabric on the t-cushions with no place to tuck them. I returned the sofa size and ordered the loveseat size. Although I had to pull and push a lot, the fabric held beautifully, and I now have a sofa that looks like the Surefit picture. Id like to add that overstock.com was most courteous in helping me return the sofa size and order the loveseat size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Good
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? More measurements are needed
I keep this cover on a small sofa in our vacation cabin. It's an odd size sofa, smaller than average, but larger than a loveseat. I can make this loveseat size cover fit with a lot of stretching and pulling, which I couldn't do with other brands. I wish it were less expensive, but it is well made and looks pretty good.
This cover is nice stretchy fabric and is comfortable to sit on. The furniture looks like a loveseat with a slipcover on it, but is attractive. There does seem to be a lot of fabric, but I just keep tucking in and it looks fine. It is baggy in the back with no where to tuck in, but most people do not see the back. It is very easy to neaten up after sitting on it, due to the stretchy nature of the fabric. Overall I am happy with the cover.
My loveseat is somewhat on the smaller side of the sizing spectrum, but the overall stretchiness of the product helps with that. I love the two pieces to this slipcover. It is easy to put on and easy to pull the extra fabric down and tuck it out of sight. I am very glad I purchased this slipcover. I also want to put in a good word for Overstock.com's customer service - *** was very, very helpful in answering my questions about this item.
The slipcovers were of high quality, expected color, and at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, I had to return them because the pillow cushions where the T style and my sofa ciushions were not. I wish to reorder the correct style for my cushions if they are available.
Keeping in mind that you can't create a slipcover that will fit every style of furniture, I think this one did a great job. I have a small sofa that I wanted to cover. The sofa size would have been way too big and the loveseat size was just a tad too small, but it worked. Also keep in mind that it is a knit fabric and will probably snag easily if you have pets. I'm going to buy a protector to go over the sofa and that sould alleviate a lot of the problem. It took me about 5 to 10 minutes to get it on the sofa. It changed a 1960s floral sofa into something a little more modern. It's soft and a medium denim blue color. It is striped, but the stripes aren't real noticable.
I bought this stretchy loveseat cover for a t-cushion chair and a half on whim. I needed to cover a many-years-old but very comfy t-cushion chair and a half. The cover is a bit large, but I covered the extra folds in the fabric with a large leopard throw and added two dark toned paisley matching pillows. Looks much better! I bought the sand color but the actual color is made up of about equal size beige and cocoa colored stripes, so this cover won't work for everyone. I'm quite pleased.
We ordered this to cover a loveseat. We purchased the correct size cover per the measurements but it stretches out so easily and quickly. Perhaps our 3 year old is using it as a jumping site too often and that's only worsening the problem. We already have a hold in it but again, wild 3 year old jumping lots.
Fit so well and looked so I nice I ordered second set just to have a change. Easy to put on furniture. Get compliments from all who see them and several requested info about where I got them. I will glad recommend the product and OverStock to one and all.
I loved the product and the color, but I had to return because I ordered the wrong size.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? great
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. excellent
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? great
After much research I chose this one. it is Surefit and the stretch fabric is thick anough not to show bumps and patterns of the sofa. I would highly recommend. Delivery was on time.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was exactly like the sample
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Great quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The same
I Ibought 2 loveseat and one sofa cover. the sofa cover looks better than the loveseats. I bought brown, they are more of a light tan. nice neutral color, just not what I was wanting. Good for a quick fix. Just built house and had zero furniture so had to take some nice couches as a hand me down, but they were an ugly color and these definately made the room more livable. If you can afford new couches though, get them. will put up with them for a yr or so, but not exactly a designer look. soft fabric and good quality overall. Easy to put on. Needs readjusting after laying on couches. nice for a second living area but still looks like covered couches if using in main living area. Paid *** for all three, so much cheaper than newer furniture if you have a lot of other things to buy.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the color was a lot lighter than wanted.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good description
Like the product. Purchased sofa and love seat covers a few years ago and they wash well - purchased a new color to make a change
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and fits perfectly
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Accurate
I expexted a solid, lighter cream color but it's more like brown and tan stripes. Good quality and I can make it work color-wise. A close-up photo of the fabric might have helped manage my expectations better.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? I expexted a solid, lighter cream color but it's more like brown and tan stripes.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good quality and I can make it work color-wise.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Other than the color pictured, it was accurate. A close-up photo of the fabric might have helped.
My sofa is only ~80 inches, so I took the advice on the discussions and ordered the loveseat cover. It was perfect. The sofa size would have been much too big. I also like the 2-pc since the separate seat cover makes it look less "covered". The arms of my sofa are much thinner, and I was able to tuck in the fabric without a problem, since it stays where you tuck it more easily than older style covers. I knew I would be using this in an area with little pet traffic, so it works just fine. However, I used one previously in areas where my two large dogs frequent the sofas, and it did not work out (snagged too easily).
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Very good overall match, though it is hard to see the fine stripe pattern in the picture.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Does exactly what it is supposed to...covers a worn sofa, and fits well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is very accurate.
I purchased a used sofa and loveseat from a private seller which were made by a very well known manufacturer. They had those good bones you hear about, plus the cushions were all in excellent shape. I just didn't like the flowery print that seemed dingy with age. My mother is a big-time user of slipcovers and uses them to changer her decor (every week it seems!), so I looked through her slipcover catalogues to get an idea of what was out there, then went online looking for a bargain. I found it no problem at Overstock.com! The bonus: now my mother wants MY help when she's ready for new slipcovers. I'm sure it won't be long!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color was what I expected.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. I'm pleased with the quality of this slipcover.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? The slipcover I received was exactly as described.