I have purchased many items from overtstock and have never had issues with color or quality until now... Sage is a deep olive... and cover is huge! Material is a lint magnet. If you have an oversized wing chair - then this may work for you. Most newer/contemporary wing chairs are not enormous... I ended up breaking out the sewing machine and cutting this down to size to fit... few hours later and I have a decent cover that will due for now. Did not return because it was $$$ to return an item that cost $$$... return fees for overstock need some overdue improvemnt when most companies are returning for free...
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Sage is more of a deep olive...
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Stretch material isn't the greatest of quailty... seems to attract lint...
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? color off and size is huge
There is nothing good in my view about this product. It did not stretch to fit tight, just stretched, sagged, pulled.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Thin, flimsy
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Not at all
I ordered 2 flax colored slipcovers for my son's well-worn wingback chairs. I heeded the reviews of other buyers that these would cover darker original upholstery and I was not disappointed. They fit beautifully and look wonferful. I would recommend them ( and already did) to others.
As a first time buyer of both slipcovers and overstock products I can't believe how lucky I got! I bought 2 flax slipcovers for queen anne wingback chairs. The color is spot on and very neutral with a mild stripe texture. My chairs have a 42" back, 11" arms and a 28" seat. They fit so well with minimal installation and not a lot to tuck away. The delivery was fast, the cost was very inexpensive...especially when considering the cost of reupholstering! The material stretches easily and the product reviews really helped me make my decision. Thank you to all who left input for me to base my decision on. I'm so happy with this purchase.
I was skeptical of buying a slipcover, sure they make them look good on TV, but will it hold up to regular household wear and teat? Time will tell. I am very happy with the way it looks on my chair, when no one is sitting in it- so that is progress. I am new to using your site, but am hooked at looked for great deals. thanks
I was so shocked when I opened the box to see the colour(Sage) was what I would call olive green. I thought I was buying a pale green cover & now have a colour that doesn't match my decor at all. Because I am an international customer it isn't viable to return my purchase.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The colour was completely different to what I thought I ordered.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. As expected.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? As I said the colour was completely different.
Purchased two flax slipcovers and saved a bundle of money over reupholstering. Texture of material is excellent and not at all sleazy. Didn't want to part with the two chairs and didn't want to spend hundreds on reupholstering. This is an excellent choice. Did find the cover didn't want to stay tucked in beside the wings so what the heck. I took spring out of spring style clothespin and tucked the wood into the seam to hold the material more firmly. I am lazy and an 80 year old so this suits me just fine. Buy and enjoy!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? good color match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. surprisingly good quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
very pleased to transform my ugly green wing-back chair to a nice soft tan; i got a different colored otoman cover and it is altogether a major improvement at an affordable cost. note i was very worried about the wings - my wingback has tiny wings, i almost wouldn't call it a wingback but it is otherwise like the chair pictured (t-cushion, rounded arms). that the wings are small/non-existent was not a problem - just tuck in more fabric. putting the cover on takes a bit of patience, but just find front and back, use your head, make sure the velcro that fastens to the legs is attached to maximize surface contact between the two pieces. yes, you need to retuck after a good sitting, but it's easy and actually kind of satisfying.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? exactly like the picture
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. stetchy, kind of polyestery, but fine
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
My first purchase on Overstock.com. Order arrived exactly 1 week from date of purchase. Really needed a slipcover that looked nice, with little maintenance. This is actually machine washable. The Red color is perfect! Very true to website. The assembly took about 2 minutes; the Velcro tabs are strong and secure. The fabric is soft and nearly wrinkle free. I could not be more pleased and would definitely recommend this to my friends!
Purchased this to go over a beloved, old, (50 years?), wing back chair that was my mother's. It needs reupolstering again for the third time, but have been spending money elsewhere, so the cover seemed like a good idea. The chair is great for short people, the cushion seat is not too wide, and is not too high off the floor. This cover fits perfectly around the wing back, and arms. It does not fit tight at the front, bottom, but I didn't expect it to, because of the seat being close to the floor. The cover does require retucking around the seat after sitting on it, and getting up, but overall I really am pleased with the look. The red is a red I like with blue in it rather than orange. It is close to a burgundy.
Sure Fit stuff is really great. This slipcover fit perfectly over my huge leather wing chair, but I had to figure out a way to keep it from slipping. I used some foam rubber on the seat to keep it stable. The fit couldn't have been better. It was a really big wing chair.
I bought this to cover a dark maroon colored chair, and even thought the fabric is a lighter color (flax, I believe), none of the original color shows through. It fits great, and people are shocked when I tell them it's a slipcover because it looks so nice.
I ordered this item to cover a small wing chair that was soiled and unsightly but in good shape, checked price for reupholstering at a local dealer, way out of my price range, this was the perfect answer. Though the cover size was bigger than my smallish wing chair, because it was a stretch material, it was easy to install and tuck in as per instructions. It looks wonderful. Very glad for the purchase and price was great, substantially less than the original web site.
The slip cover makes the chair look brand new Thank you
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? perfect
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. loved the stretch of the fabric that allowed a perfit fit to the chair
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? spot on
This product is great quality. I bought it to cover chairs that my cats kept clawing at. They still claw the chairs, but the fabric is durable and there is no sign if distress. It fits perfectly over my Ikea wing back chair. Also, it was the best price I've found.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Accurate
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. .