I am seriously amazed at how NEW my sofa looks with this cover! The fit is great and it really stays in place. I used a long cardboard tube (from a recently purchased rug) to tuck the cover into the back of the cushions - but you could use a PVC pipe as well (saw this idea on HGTV). I've just left it there and the cover doesn't budge at all! The fabric is very soft, almost a light corduroy and a very neutral tan color. I'm VERY happy with it...oh...it does collect a lot of lint, but I have two dogs and three cats :)
I purchased both the sofa and the loveseat slip covers. The picture did not accurately represent what came in the mail. The actual product is lined kind of like corduroy and feels like suede though it's not actually suede. I chose the "dark flax" color, which looked like a cream color in the picture, but it is much darker than the photograph. It is a beige color. As for fit, the slip covers went on easily, but as for staying tucked in and in place, that's a big lie. They look nice when you first tuck them into place, but after sitting on them they come untucked from behind the cushions and slide out of place, looking rather sloppy. I am keeping them anyway because I don't think it's realistic to expect a slip cover to stay perfectly in place on a couch that's being used. One big plus I have to throw in--- my 2 year old son spilled juice on the love seat the same day I put the cover on, and I did not discover the spill immediately. I think at least 5 minutes had passed, but the juice did not absorb into the slip cover! It stayed pooled on top of it and left not so much as a wet spot on the fabric. This alone is enough reason for me to keep the product despite the fact that I will have to re-tuck it a couple times a day. It beats buying new furniture for my kids to ruin.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? The color of the actual product is darker than the picture. (Dark flax.)
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Seems to be high quality material and construction.
I have a HUGE deep seated camel backed sofa and matching loveseat. I didn't think they could be covered because of their odd dimensions. I was happily wrong! I tried these slipcovers because they stretch and the return policy here is so good if they didn't fit I could return them. They are wonderful! I love the corduroy effect and they are soft and comfy. I have four kids and three cats and I do have to tuck them in often but it is a small price to pay for not having to look at the ugly furiture. The color (Dark Flax) I got is good too. It doesn't match the color shown though. I think it looks yellowish on here and it really is just beige. It's a nice nuetral shade and it works though.
- Did the color match the color displayed onsite? No
- How is the quality of the product? Excellent
- Did the description onsite accurately describe the product? Yes
We ordered the green/sage version of this slipcover. We have four cats and two toddlers. Enough said about why we need a slipcover. :) Pros: The fabric seems very durable (it has lines/texture to it, like a soft corduroy). It covers well - our couch is an old hide-a-bed and has a very distinct pattern to the fabric, which you can't see at all with the slipcover on. Cons: It's almost too stretchy. It doesn't fit anywhere NEAR what it shows like in the picture. It fits like if you put a big fitted sheet on the couch and stuff it into the corners. If you pull on it (and, with two toddlers, it happens), then it comes untucked. The bottom just kind of hangs from the bottom of the couch to the ground - I have no idea what you're supposed to do to make it form-fit to the bottom of the couch like it shows in the photo. That being said, I'd purchase it again. I'm not terribly picky - it's a funny shaped couch and it's in our playroom. It works fine for what we need it for, which is something that we can take off and wash, and something that is easily cleaned. It covers the couch well enough and doesn't look dumb.
As other reviews have said, the material has more of a corduroy look and feel than it does in the pictures. The problem with this slipcover for my sofa was that it was too big and it would come out of place in the seat and arms every time it was sat on, even after meticulously tucking the material as per the instructions. I believe it's because the material has TOO much give/stretch that this was happening, and I must note that my sofa is on the smaller end of the the size range for this cover. Regardless, it was a bummer that I am out $^%$# to O.co for returning a product that didn't fit properly. Unless your couch is on the high end of the size range for this slipcover, I don't recommend this product.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Fine.
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good Quality Material.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Fairly accurate.
Bought this item for my son for his sofa, he really likes it. Fits well, easy to put on, washes and dries well. The sofa looks wonderful with this slipcover, very pleased with it. I would have liked to see him get a new sofa, but he WILL NOT part with this old piece of furniture, so a slipcover really improved the looks of it.
I wouldn't buy this again. It doesn't stay tucked it and after just one wash and a couple of weeks of use there are already flaws in the fabric.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. After just a couple of weeks, there are small areas on the fabric that are pulled out. I have just washed it once and do have a dog, but the quality is just not that great.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Pretty good.
I have been using my slipcover for about 2 weeks now and am quite happy with it. The slipcover is very easy to put on - easier I think than those which use ties and/or pins - and is super easy to wash. The texture is super soft and nice to sit on, but it attracts lint at a remarkable rate, so I am glad that I went with one of the lighter fabric choices. It is certainly not true that the slipcover will remain in place during use, however. You will have to tuck it back in every time you sit on the sofa, but I think this is probably the case with all slipcovers.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? the sage color is quite a bit lighter than it appears in the photo
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. nice quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? quite accurate
The cover is soft and fits well, it was the same color as in the advertisement. Well worth the price, stays put when peple sit on the couch, and was easy to put on. Just follow the directions for a perfect fit!
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same color as advertised
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Quality is great, slipcover stays put, and fits very well.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description is exactly what I got
Very pleased with this purchase. Covered my large sofa perfectlty (74 inch sofa).The material is very stretchy and soft, extremely comfortable.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Exact match
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Excellent quality
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very
didnt fit very well. one arm looks twisted. elastic around base isnt tight enough. pulls up at the center of the bottom either in front or back
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? color was nice
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. good
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? good
The slipcover match PERFECT to my loveseat slipcover that I purchase from FH. But I decided to go with " O" , because of the price. B4 makin this purchase. I measure it to the " T". There is a BUT!! It is alone made for the sofa that you have as an image on " O " My couch is made different. I have a loveseat just like the image shown when purchasing this item.. It fit PERFECT!! Took a chance.. A little disappointed.. Because it woudlv'e been A++.. So I suggest if your buyin this make sure your couch is similar or like it. Or you be making you on design with.. WORKABLE!!!
The material is very soft and durable. I got this because my dogs get on my couch when I'm not home. My one dog is a scratcher. Even she couldn't get the slipcover to move. the fit was great for my very long sofa but there was some bunching around the top of the arms. Maybe with more patience and coaxing it would look better but this is for my woodland cabin so it's perfect for what I need.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Color was just what the picture showed
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. High Quality Fabric
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Description was dead on