I asked seller before purchasing if this was felt on both sides. He said it was but it turned out to have a felt side and a rubber side. I kept it only because it was too big to rewrap and return. I'm afraid it will harm my wood floors as I read that cheap rubber can harm them. When I pull back the padding I can see rubber crumbs on the floor already.
There are at least two people who asked whether this pad was felt on both sides or felt and rubber. Both times they were answered 100% felt, no rubber. This seller may have one like that but this pad is not it! I did not want rubber because it breaks down and you have this nasty crumbly stuff when you take it up. It is too much of a hassle to return and my rug was being delivered that same week, so used the pad and will have to live with degrading over time. It was a great price, just wish they would get their descriptions and responses to actual shopper questions correct.
It came folded which is fine, but many of the ripples did not flatten out. It's been 2 days and I am still having to lift the rug to get the pad to lie flat. The size is perfect for an 8x11 rug without any trimming or trouble in getting it straight. Overall though, there's no slipping on the rug and the pad is sufficiently thick so as to give a decent rug an upgrade feel in quality. That's why I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.
I ordered these pads for under a rug on top of hardwood. It was recommended to use only pure felt not rubber backed to prevent discoloring of the floors finish. I received FELTED rubber backed pads in there place, Because of overstocks mistake and there inability to guarantee I would receive the replacements in time or even the correct ones, I ended up with my pool table on the rug with no pad. My recommendation is if you are looking for a pure felt pad do not order it from overstock.
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Received something different from description
The only good thing about this pad is that it prevents your rug from sliding. Other than that, I literally cannot tell there is a pad down at all, it's so thin. You might as well spend a little more for a thicker pad that will make a noticeable difference in the cushiness of your rug.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? Same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Very thin. You're better off spending a little more for a pad that makes a noticeable difference
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? Inaccurate, to the extent that it claims that you can even tell you've got a rug pad down
The feeling under our rugs is much better since adding the padding. I was told adding a pad would increase the life of a carpet. I hope so, but in any case this is a very good product and the price is much better than the stores in my area.
- How did the color on site compare with the actual product? same
- Please tell us about the quality of the product. Good weight and feel
- How accurate was the on site description of the product? very